Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Renting out Qualcomm Stadium Parking Lot

Okay.

One of my Boss here at work is a PORCHE club member. He told me that the club rents one side of Qualcomm Stadium for only $1500.00, now i dont know if this is true, but why would my boss B u l LS h i T me? I've see his porche. Its set to race.

Anyways... My whole thread is about forming some kind of commitee to raise some funds to RENT out Qualcomm and charge people cover fee if they want to race.

I'll get some more details, but I would like to know from people if they're willing to go down here to San Diego and drift for a price?

It beats drifting in a parking lot and getting caught by Po-Po's.

Im thinking doing this every other sunday. Starting from 6am to 4:30pm.

(thats the Porche Club schedule time). I remember SCCA amatuer racing rented the other side of qualcomm while the Porche had their event.

Thanks.

wow i would definately be up for spending money to drift legally....just wondering tho wouldn't there need to be some kinda liability thing and a bunch of other details.....i was just assuming we can't just pay 1500 and say ok we can do whatever the hell we want....but anywho thats just 50 bux if we can get 30 peeps and 25 with 60.....i think thats pretty cheap.....just curious but how big are we talking here?

Comment

Sign me up. Sounds a little to good to be true. But if it was offical I would go.

Comment

ive been thinking about doing that for a while now but i just dont have the funds...<only 17> but id be very willing to make a contrabution on whatever you guys figure out. I would love to drift and not get in trouble for it....

Comment

Originally posted by Forge_55b
          wow i would definately be up for spending money to drift legally....just wondering tho wouldn't there need to be some kinda liability thing and a bunch of other details.....i was just assuming we can't just pay 1500 and say ok we can do whatever the hell we want....but anywho thats just 50 bux if we can get 30 peeps and 25 with 60.....i think thats pretty cheap.....just curious but how big are we talking here?
          Well, I will look into rule and regulation regarding liability. But if its flat 1500.00 hell ill do it, and charge everybody cover fee.. He he.. no, i dont have that much money.. But It'll be cool to fund raise such a thing right?

Anyways.. I'll keep this thread posted on any information i can find.

Comment

What about insurance? Maybe we could split it with maybe a drag thing, or auto-x or something. Its pretty cheap. We should start a thing like Race Legal.

Comment

Originally posted by Chas
              What about insurance? Maybe we could split it with maybe a drag thing, or auto-x or something. Its pretty cheap. We should start a thing like Race Legal.
              Well.. I dont know.
              Check this link out:
              http://www.sandiego.gov/qualcomm/rentfees.shtml

Apparently, it only cost $750 for a non-profit event to rent Qualcomm.

I need to know if anyone is willing to meet up and talk about this?

Maybe over dinner?

I am serious of renting out Qualcomm.

Comment

Lets do it. Ill wear a suit and bring the cigars.

Comment

Lets do it. Ill wear a suit and bring the cigars.
                  I'll count you on that..

Since we'll have another Drift Meet. Maybe we can all talk about this.

Comment

On me being there or the suit?

Comment

On me being there or the suit?
                      ha ha.. both.. Just kidding..
                      I want to meet up to talk about this.

Forge?
                      Jasper?
                      Weapon?

anybody else down for this? or everybody is broke? .. well same here

Comment

Im up for it. Lets meet and discuss. Donavians or Mortons? I just bought a nice box of macanudos.

Comment

count me in...... maybe we could get some sponsors? we could ask some shops i know around here and see if theyll do a lil contribution if we advertise their shop or w/e .just my $0.02

Comment

Originally posted by S13_Steve
                            count me in...... maybe we could get some sponsors? we could ask some shops i know around here and see if theyll do a lil contribution if we advertise their shop or w/e .just my $0.02
                            that's a good idea.
                            My goal, is not to send an image to San Diegans that drifters are hoolegans. We could all learn from Import Street Drag Racing (part of this scene many years ago) he he

So i think that could be our sales pitch. (i do a little advertising for clubs as sidelines, so I know sales).

we could even talk to Racelegal.com people. They're always at Qualcomm.

Comment

The girl who's dad own race legal is in a class of mine. Ill talk to her.

Comment

Working...
                              X