Renting out Qualcomm Stadium Parking Lot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay folks.

I found some pics of the TRACK.. tell me what you think?

is it worth the drive? For me, it seems like it.

http://www.sdfb.org/roadracepage/Hol...y25th2003.html

I just need to find a contact #..

Kevin (jaspershowWRX) what do you think?

Comment

and this is the homepage.

http://www.na-motorsports.com/Tracks/Holtville.html

Comment

That's the place... we are gonna head out there and check it out. Chas... crash and I are probably gonna do a roadtrip out there. If you are down, let us know. We need to beg the guy to repave.

Comment

I'm definately down if you could tell me when we'd be going.

Comment

Yep, gotta do it on a weekend though.

Comment

HOLTVILLE IS VERY BUMPY AND IS A REAL TIRE KILLED
              AND IT IS CLOSED RIGHT NOW. THE COUNTRY DOWN THERE IS TRYING TO GET IT UP AND RUNNING AGAIN. IT IS A FUN TRACK AND NEEDS SOME TLC.

Comment

u know im down to go.....just gimme the date and ill get the day off of work......unless its army $hit then well im screwed.....

Comment

will keep everyone updated...

Comment

Hi guys. I am the president of the local SCCA people at Qualcomm. Qualcomm Stadium Authority recently increased our rent, but it's just over $1500 a day.

However, you have to have proof of insurance also. That will be about another $1500 a day and require a real entity to contract with a company like K & K Insurance to obtain it. So you may have to set up a non-profit organization or work with some group that has that status like Racelegal.

The other issue is the allocation of the lot to the people that want to use it. A large number of groups rent out the lots, such as the Porsche Club, BMWs, Corvette Club, SCCA, and all those RV, used car, and swap meet type things. The Stadium Authority has a designated time that they allocate the days. It's not that easy that you can go in and rent out the lot every other weekend. We have had a lot of difficulty getting days this last year.

Holtville is not that bad, but it is under new ownership and they seem willing to make improvements as they can. That might be a good idea.

There is one other lot you might want to check out, that is the one at Soak City in Chula Vista. It's still expensive at around $1200 a day and only available in the off season for them. And it's not big like Qualcomm. But it's nice and they are easy to work with.

Good luck!

Randy Chase
                    Team Drift Karts

P.S. Still looking for video of our kart team at D1 in Irwindale. Anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by RandyC
                      Hi guys. I am the president of the local SCCA people at Qualcomm. Qualcomm Stadium Authority recently increased our rent, but it's just over $1500 a day.

However, you have to have proof of insurance also. That will be about another $1500 a day and require a real entity to contract with a company like K & K Insurance to obtain it. So you may have to set up a non-profit organization or work with some group that has that status like Racelegal.

The other issue is the allocation of the lot to the people that want to use it. A large number of groups rent out the lots, such as the Porsche Club, BMWs, Corvette Club, SCCA, and all those RV, used car, and swap meet type things. The Stadium Authority has a designated time that they allocate the days. It's not that easy that you can go in and rent out the lot every other weekend. We have had a lot of difficulty getting days this last year.

Holtville is not that bad, but it is under new ownership and they seem willing to make improvements as they can. That might be a good idea.

There is one other lot you might want to check out, that is the one at Soak City in Chula Vista. It's still expensive at around $1200 a day and only available in the off season for them. And it's not big like Qualcomm. But it's nice and they are easy to work with.

Good luck!

Randy Chase
                      Team Drift Karts

P.S. Still looking for video of our kart team at D1 in Irwindale. Anyone?
                      Thank you for the post RandyC. Since you know the deal with Qualcomm and organizing events such as these, Maybe i can contact you with some pointers?

if you could e-mail me at put3ska99_2000@yahoo.com or send me a private msg here. me, Kevin and Chas just have some questions that we would like answered.

Thank you.

Comment

I need help folks.

Can someone contact anybody. I mean anybody + their Moma's about Holtville Aerodome Internation Raceway. I can't find a good contact # for this race track. I found one, but its already disconnected.

Also, if anyone could find the area code for the City of HOltville, that would be great.

Thanks.

Comment

How about the Del Mar Fair parking lot. I mean, they were gonn ahev Drift Showoff there.

Comment

how much?.. I dont think we have that much money to fork out.

Comment

Dont know.

Comment

Originally posted by Chas
                                Dont know.
                                can you find out for me CHAS?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X