ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top Drifters! Irwindale! Snoop Dogg! (Oct. 25th)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by anonymous
    Hey guys,
    DRINK SOME MORE HATERADE!
    Keep trying to to drift and be cooler than everybody else!

You can't please everybody, think about that on the ride home!
    Really? Sunpros isnt doing to bad a job.

You dont need to please everyone, but if it's the mindless kids aspiring to be drift gangstaz that you want, then go right ahead. Longevity means nothing I guess, as long as it's the current trendy cashcow, you dont care about preserving it's integrity.

This has been brought up countless times before and my mind still hasnt changed and no one's offered any reassurance or even some kind of justifiable reason, just excuses. Screw it, I'm done. I'll leave this thread before I blow up and risk jepordizing my moderator status and my account on this forum.

Formula D isnt the forefront of drifting in the US, just because I dont want to support this shlock you try and make it seem like I'm some Benedict Arnold? Nah buddy, that's YOU.

*proud hater*

Comment

OMFG... No comment...

Comment

why do people do things like this to what used to be such a pure motor sport.
        I hate to say this but why cant drifting be more like nascar and other motor sports where the purity of the sport and the skill of the drivers is emphasized, not the media made pop culture "street life". The only thing that is saving drifting from turning into the rice drag scene is the relatively limited supply of cars able to drift well, and the requirement of driver skill, but thanks to EA for making any wana be gangsta with a PS2 a "drifter" who can come pollute the forums and my meets with thier ignorance.

Comment

if that is a screenshot from the game with the roofscoop and ugly *Censored**Censored**Censored* wing...... well all i have to say is i hope who ever is behind this game gets cancer and formula d you should be very very ashamed of yourselfs for selling out drifting as bad as you seem to be doing. screw you all

Comment

quit whining b*tches. if it wasnt for FD and EA youd still be explaining to people wtf drifting is and have nowhere to go with it. stop b1tchign and get out htere and drift.

Comment

oh yes, im soooo thankful. EA and FD have solved all of my problems for me!

Comment

yeah but u see thats the fun part... telling people what drifitng really is, and not having some video game or a HIN sideshow tell it, that way they know true drifting, not any car can drift on an oil slicked track sorta thing. first of all, heck i play NFSU, why? becuase its fun, its a form of entertainment, and so with FD, they are entertainment, if u want education, got to a drift day, youll get plenty educated for five freakin bucks.

Comment

snoop dogg? OMFG! what the hell is going on around here...i mean c'mon... DRIFTING ... SNOOP DOGG ... hmm, nope. doesn't check out. i will be there wearing my RAP SUCKS shirt for sure. or is that for shizzle?

edit: Is snoop even AWAKE on a monday?
                  Last edited by Coiloverkid; 10-19-2004, 01:04 AM.

Comment

plz tell me this is fake: sry guys it isnt.... make that trhing drift with snoop do dubble g in it

http://www.nfsunlimited.net/media/vi...nshots/349.jpg

Comment

I hate to agree but I do. I would much rather go to an event that promoted the actual sport rather than all the fringe benefits that have been put in orbit around the sport. Like junk in space. Who really cares if there is a collaboration with the Doors, hell, every rap song lately is a collaboration with someone. Rap as we know it today is a dying breed.

Anyway, Formula D, I at least know what you are doing and why you are doing all this extra junk. Brings in many more people, makes money and keeps the sponsers happy. Too bad it also brings in the wrong people and just serves to pollute the entire sport. I think that giving the car or 10k as a prize is a good idea though. Pro's that don't have a free ride need all the help they can get.

quit whining b*tches. if it wasnt for FD and EA youd still be explaining to people wtf drifting is and have nowhere to go with it. stop b1tchign and get out htere and drift.
                      As for this gem in information, I hate to break it to you braniac but there STILL are not that many places to go to do it. Instead of spending all this money to bring Snoop dog and the Jackass guy to an event, how bout adding something creative, like maybe a driving school hosted by a pro. Instead of bringing the wrong crowd in and introducing them to a way of driving that will most certainly have them wrecking cars within days, teach them. No, they'd rather have the car shows, sound contests and all the rest of the crap that they have cluttered in there to keep the "Lifestyle" guys happy. Well, being queer is a lifestyle too.......and those lifestyles have a lot in common. Both of them do some rectal probing, Gays do each other and Corperations do Drifting.

Sorry Formula D, I agree with some things that you have done but for the most part, I don't like it. You have done what people who love the sport feared the most. You have bastardized it and made it synonomous with the thug crowd. I would much rather explain Drifting 100 times a day to someone who didn't know it rather than see some dork with his pants 10 sizes too big, his panties showing and hat on sideways explaining it on camera to millions. It takes one of those goofballs to ruin it. You can keep your Snoop Dog and your EA sports, it's nothing but background noise anyway and so is Formula Drift for me at this point.
                      Last edited by Ghost of Duluth; 10-19-2004, 08:45 AM.

Comment

This is the biggest load of crap that I've ever seen. I saw this crap coming. Whatever.

As formula D might have some really good drifters coming out to drive, I really don't think I'd have fun at the event because it doesn't revolve around drifting. It revolves around MONEY It's obvious what's important to the people over at formula D. The event is getting overtaken by sponsors who are just out to make more money for their products too. But oh well I guess, it's the American way.

I'll keep my drifting to small events and private hosted events and NOT attend forumla D. Formula D disgusts me.

I'm one drifter who is against the commercialization of the sport. Maybe I'm just sick of stupid people buying 240s and smashing them into curbs and walls.

Expect more of it after the next season of formula D.

Comment

blah blah blah..complain complain complain. Hey so im an a55 get over it already... you either go to the event or you dont. Im so sick and tired of the over critiqu-ing that goes on about Formula D.
                          Last edited by swifty949; 10-19-2004, 10:38 AM.

Comment

some of you guys are missing the big picture, if YOU drift for the love then do it, experience it, whenever, whereever possible...who cares what music people are listening too, and who cares about how other people see it...if you love it then you love it, do what you need to do to learn more or be part of it, i swear i stopped looking at forums because all people do is b i t c h that something is not JDM enough or whatever...funny thing is when i was in japan, at the Auto Salon they were bangin all kinds of music, death metal, you know eatin flesh and satan and sh*t to the cash money millionaires *Bling Bling* (i personally hate them by the way) but my point is that i didnt care, i wasnt there for that, i was there to be apart of something that I love............think about it, nike doesnt sell shoes to make money do they, neither does Vans, neither does DC shoes, Nissan doesnt sell or market cars to make money, neither does Toyota, or any other company that is trying to make themselves reputable and create a base on which to grow bigger and better (for everyone involved, even the spectators and journeymen)........makes sense doesnt it.....oh, wait i got it....lets just stay a small niche market that will never gain respect for doing something noone else can do with cars, we can just keep doing it at small events, so that we learn more and never really take our skills to their limits, or keep doin it illegally and run a greater risk at getting in huge terrible with the cops, who will in turn make laws that will destroy your life if you get caught, that would be fun, that way we can b i t c h about being under appreciated later..............this is ridiculous, and the funny thing is that ALL OF YOU would take a sponsorship (<---that word involves MONEY and lots of it) to drift if you had the skills, honestly if you were presented an oppurtunity that would either pay you, help you through school, get you further in life, or to just let you do what you love with minimal cost to you - like drifting, no no no to RACE any type racing, or to WRITE, what about to play on a computer, sure, or maybe to COOK, or COLOR BOOKS -- anyhting for crying out loud, YOU WOULD....

Comment

People go to watch drifting to be entertained and have FUN. Stay home if you want, stay closed minded, complain because it's not how YOU would run it. I'd got to watch if it wsan't so far away. I like Formula D and how they run things

Comment

AMEN, Swifty, Bubba Drift and SLIDE!

Comment

Working...
                                X