what the hell is it called???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what the hell is it called???

ok, so i am kinda new at this ive only been doing it for 2 years now, i run a 96 mustang with a 5.4 4v crate. its got pleanty of horses (500+) but i was messing around and i found out that if i start out in 1st, hard accel, but no burnout, shift to second, floor it, still no slip, then i turn into the corner, push the clutch to the floor, bring it all the way back out that i will slide right through a 90 degree turn perfectly. what is that called or is there even a name for it? if ther isnt what would be a cool name for it?

Originally posted by Driftmandls View Post
    ok, so i am kinda new at this ive only been doing it for 2 years now, i run a 96 mustang with a 5.4 4v crate. its got pleanty of horses (500+) but i was messing around and i found out that if i start out in 1st, hard accel, but no burnout, shift to second, floor it, still no slip, then i turn into the corner, push the clutch to the floor, bring it all the way back out that i will slide right through a 90 degree turn perfectly. what is that called or is there even a name for it? if ther isnt what would be a cool name for it?
    Sounds to me like you were pulling a "Shift Lock"! That's the term for using the clutch w/o throttling the motor. Basically using the clutch to disrupt the rear wheels, forcing the tires to slide.

Comment

I have no idea what half the ish is called that I do. I just found out the other day that a "zombie" car is if you drift into walls purposely and damage the hell out of it and apparently my car is halfway there.

Eff the terms, just go drift.

Comment

Sounds like your basic clutch kick to me

Comment

Agreed- sounds like a clutch kick (no gear shift).

Comment

Working...
          X