NICK HOGAN Injured In Car Accident

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I once told an associate...

...that the reason I love the drifting culture was the relentless commitment I observed amongst drivers and teams to helping and supporting each other. I really wish the same professionalism and common courtesy applied on the track could enjoy enough longevity to prevent immature, hurtful banterings such as this thread has so blatantly disclosed.

I have found that egos are the primary accelerator of negativity, and it appears that there are a few contributors to this thread whose words are primarily driven by feelings of inadequacy and frustration. To bad these feelings are only expressed in anger, spite, accusations, and ignorant banterings.

One of my mentors, years ago, gave me a bit of wisdom I have tried to live by. Simply put, he said, "Tell the truth, but don't always be telling it."

It is true that in this country, and subsequently on this forum, we enjoy a freedom of expression inequivable in other environments, but that does not justify the type of irreverent, inhumane comments that have been posted on this thread since last night. If drivers, fans, keyboard cowboys, and e-thugs have a problem with another individual....deal with that problem at the appropriate time, in a professional manner...face to face. Really, if you're having a fight with your girlfriend, or your wife...are you seriously going to discuss the problem on a public forum? Well this sport is entirely too close knit for such public disclosure of conflict. Drivers, promoters, sponsors, and fans are not the only people who view these boards, and all unprofessionalism displayed clearly outshines the most well produced programming and further engrains the "bunch of punks with RWD cars" mentality STILL PRESENT in the media and mainstream USA. I personally have said things that have made colleagues and associates angry, and I have irrevrently burnt bridges that to this day have not been reconstructed. Trust me when I tell you that the few minutes that elapsed allowing these conflicts to materialize are not worth the now years I've spent repairing them.

You might not care about Nick. You might not like Nick. Hell, you might not even like me, but for the sake of the fine discipline of drifting, uphold a bit of professionalism and reserve negative public comments for the appropriate venue.

I'm not Dr. Phil, I'm just consumed with this culture, and I would hate to see internal conflict bring it down in any way.

Comment

i cannot believe some of the stuff that was said in this thread. In any case has any of his friends here gotten into contact with any of the families to see how they are doing?

Comment

Is it just me or do I find "speedy" recovery kinda ironic since the accident was involved by doing some "speedy" driving I hope they both recover from their injuries and take the incident as a lesson. *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* happens. My best to the families

Comment

Originally posted by turbo23 View Post
          Is it just me or do I find "speedy" recovery kinda ironic since the accident was involved by doing some "speedy" driving

If you are talking about my comment. Absolutely not. I hope to draw him in tandem and hope he's 100% when I beat him.

Comment

If he did wrong then he learned something if not he was unlucky .shyt happens sometimes its out of your control. I was young and have very many close calls could of been fately but i got lucky some poeple just find out the hard way.sorry to say

Best Wishes to both families . and for a quick recovery .

for a fellow drifter.

Comment

If we deserved to die for doing something stupid this world be really empty

Comment

Let me clarify this

my heart goes out to the family of the passenger, I wish him a full speedy recovery.

I wish a full speedy recovery to nick too.. but I do hope him and his family learns a vital lesson because of all this. And I do hope that nopi and FD deals with this in constructive matter just like the NBA and the NFL deals with misconduct on and off there grounds.

My only thing is, all these people come out the woodwork to be like.... oh we wish nick hogan a speedy recovery. But if this was another no name numskull who did this we would be calling him a idiot...

Originally posted by Ghost of Duluth View Post
                http://cbs2.com/video/?id=36333@kcbs.dayport.com

Ouch. Turd of a movie claims another victim. Enzo.
                Isn't it pretty ironic... feeling sympathy for the car not the driver?

And you want to send me a warning?

I love you man... your only human

I guess its a diferent thing when you can put a familiar face you partially care about behind the stupidity, even though Ive seen nick and few dozen times I have no emotional bond towards him nor do I see him better then any average joe...

But hey, if nick didnt do anything wrong and he was obeying all traffic laws and just hydroplaned and landed his car over a curb into a palmtree I'm seriously sorry for jumping the gun .
                Last edited by Bebop; 08-27-2007, 11:58 PM.

Comment

nick hogan crashed

a: balahghgf

b: dfuigdfidb?

a: skbnssgfi!!

b: dfklsgfllgn!!!!

there was alot of that, so i stopped reading, did someone say the circumstances yet?

Comment

Originally posted by hatebbobbarker View Post
                    nick hogan crashed

a: balahghgf

b: dfuigdfidb?

a: skbnssgfi!!

b: dfklsgfllgn!!!!

there was alot of that, so i stopped reading, did someone say the circumstances yet?

From the witneses-

"We just saw two cars fly by. It looked they were definitely racing... definitely taking off very fast,"

"We [saw] a similar car that was racing the silver Viper we'd seen, so it was weird when we recognized it was Hulk's son's Supra,"

It also looks like the nick has 3 speeding tickets already...

Nick also owns a silver viper, could the other driver be another family member or a friend? Just some speculation

Nick Hogan burns rubber into into a crowded street while his mother watches
                    Last edited by Bebop; 08-28-2007, 12:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by blaze1 View Post
                      Let me clarify this

my heart goes out to the family of the passenger, I wish him a full speedy recovery.

I wish a full speedy recovery to nick too.. but I do hope him and his family learns a vital lesson because of all this. And I do hope that nopi and FD deals with this in constructive matter just like the NBA and the NFL deals with misconduct on and off there grounds.

My only thing is, all these people come out the woodwork to be like.... oh we wish nick hogan a speedy recovery. But if this was another no name numskull who did this we would be calling him a idiot...

Isn't it pretty ironic... feeling sympathy for the car not the driver?

And you want to send me a warning?

I love you man... your only human

I guess its a diferent thing when you can put a familiar face you partially care about behind the stupidity, even though Ive seen nick and few dozen times I have no emotional bond towards him nor do I see him better then any average joe...

But hey, if nick didnt do anything wrong and he was obeying all traffic laws and just hydroplaned and landed his car over a curb into a palmtree I'm seriously sorry for jumping the gun .

Do you actually read what you write? There is no sympathy needed for the driver, he walked away. In your desperate attempt to justify your callousness and uncaring attitude towards the situation, you went and dug up a completely unrelated post and tried to apply it to this situation.

All I care about is that you completely changed your tune after your warning. My job is done for now. Act up again and we'll be back to square one, well not square one cause you are one square down right now. Act like an adult and respect others and we won't have problems again.
                      Last edited by Ghost of Duluth; 08-28-2007, 06:31 AM.

Comment

well, i bet he stops driving like an *Censored**Censored**Censored* now, especially when he loses his license

Comment

dont like him or his dad. but thats not the point of this post. Its this simple... when you have all the money you need, a sponser, celeb life style, tv show, access to dope cars or just the chance to drift because you got hooked up... dont be immature by being a DUMB F*CK and "street racing" at least 80plus and crash in front of people. You are famous, people know you. Some guy gets caught dog fighting its nothing... but if its VICK they got to blow it up. You live the lifestyle that others DREAM about, dont be stupid.
                          He was all hype when he started drifting. lots of cash to back it. i mean he had that built supra when he was 15-16 and didnt even have a license. But he deserves to be pulled from the sport for being stupid and almost killing his friend for a while. Bad role model to younger kids who want to do cars. Hes going to bring bad press to drifting even though he was streetracing. Hopefully this wreck will teach him you can buy a new car but you can't buy a new friend.... well, a real friend.

Comment

Do you actually read what you write? There is no sympathy needed for the driver, he walked away. In your desperate attempt to justify your callousness and uncaring attitude towards the situation, you went and dug up a completely unrelated post and tried to apply it to this situation.

All I care about is that you completely changed your tune after your warning. My job is done for now. Act up again and we'll be back to square one, well not square one cause you are one square down right now. Act like an adult and respect others and we won't have problems again.
                            Look back in the thread, others had sympathy for the driver. It hurts emotionally to wreck a million dollar car. Thats like burning down 2-500,000 houses...alot of money thats not coming back. I felt sorry for him....

and just who did I disrespect, no one in a active conversation on this board anyway but who said this?

In real life you would be the first one in line to meet him and his father hoping you actually got your face on Nopi Tunervision so you could point out to your wannabe drifter friends that you were on TV. People like you all make me sick.
                            I didnt take offense, but I thought it was pretty funny. If being offensive is pointing out the obvious and being on the other side of the table of others are on another kick me out for Christ sake. I dont want to be a part of any group who is gonna go and prevent people from speaking there mind on a subject, especially when there not making any threats or calling people derogatory names. If you guys are that concerned, take off the forum and just make a news website like www.driftlive.com did... oh wait they do alow users to comment on the stories and only edit profanity and spam.....

Comment

Originally posted by blaze1 View Post
                              Look back in the thread, others had sympathy for the driver. It hurts emotionally to wreck a million dollar car. Thats like burning down 2-500,000 houses...alot of money thats not coming back. I felt sorry for him....

and just who did I disrespect, no one in a active conversation on this board anyway but who said this?

I didnt take offense, but I thought it was pretty funny. If being offensive is pointing out the obvious and being on the other side of the table of others are on another kick me out for Christ sake. I dont want to be a part of any group who is gonna go and prevent people from speaking there mind on a subject, especially when there not making any threats or calling people derogatory names. If you guys are that concerned, take off the forum and just make a news website like www.driftlive.com did... oh wait they do alow users to comment on the stories and only edit profanity and spam.....

Reach further, please. You are a grown up, remove yourself. All I did was give you an infraction for being rude and callous and you can't seem to let it go. So you reach back into threads from a year ago, complain that I tarnished your ego and made you feel bad. But then you say you didn't feel bad. Which is it?

You spoke your mind and got called on it. I thought it was rude, other people on this site thought it was rude so it was dealth with. If you can't handle that you are free to close your account on here. If not, be decent and act like a decent person instead of an internett thug who feels the forum is all about saying what you want to say when you want to say it and screw anyone or anyones family that might just be in a crisis right now.

How would you feel if you got in an accident and everyone on these boards said you deserved any injuries you got from that accident and then your father got to come on here and read it? I bet you wouldn't like it one bit. If you don't think that someone from his family will pop in here to check on whats going on then you are mistaken.

All anyone in here said was to be respectful. You just seem to not be able to own up to it and have to find 214344 excuses why you weren't wrong. I'm done argueing with you about this. I'm sure you will pop back in and tell me again how I hurt your feelings, Eddie Griffins feelings and probably the Queen of Englands feelings as well. We all know you want to have the last word so you can have it.

Comment

Reach further, please. You are a grown up, remove yourself. All I did was give you an infraction for being rude and callous and you can't seem to let it go. So you reach back into threads from a year ago, complain that I tarnished your ego and made you feel bad. But then you say you didn't feel bad. Which is it?

Tarnished my ego?

Where did I state that?

Like I said... rude is speaking my mind and telling the obvious about the situation kick me out...do it.

Oh yea, and if I did the same thing.... I wouldn't need the forums to bad mouth me and call me a idiot, my parents would do that for me because what I did was utterly retarded, I got my self hurt along with me friend..... So in other words I personally wouldn't come back on here to tell you guys to stop calling me a idiot.

I would do what Vick did yesterday and say sorry too all the fans and admit that i need to grow up and start acting like the professional that I am.
                                Last edited by Bebop; 08-28-2007, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X