No announcement yet.

Drift WRX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In case no one saw it, the Drift WRX was in Formula D TV over a week ago when Chris Forsberg went to Japan.

Comment

So if that car was still AWD that accident wouldn't have happened?

Comment

I doubt the accident would have happened the same way... Im pretty sure if it was in its AWD setup, I would have hit the car...

What happened was that when I exited after the apex, I was still countersteering, but ended up in the last lane of opposing traffic... When I saw the on coming car I completely let off the gas... When I did that the rear immediately caught grip and the car snap oversteered, did a 180 and ended up in the curb... Thats why the left side got jacked up....

Comment

Originally posted by CoUnTer_MoTiOn
          These are pics of what happens to a RWD Subie when it drifts a corner and sees an oncoming car...
          LOL... It Kinda looks like a car from "Back-to-the-Future II"

AND TO THINK, THIS IS WHAT SHE LOOKED LIKE BEFORE... BRINGS A TEAR TO MY EYE ....

you shouldnt have been drifting on the street anyway

Comment

You say that...but not every city has a once-a-month drift day like in so-cal. Some places dont have a track at all! And realistically, once a month is not enough practice to get really good at drifting.

Comment

*GASP* oh my lordy

Comment

So it's was kind of like being high sided on a motorcylce. That sucks. Do have any plans on returning the car to it's pre accident status?

Comment

Yeah I know I shouldn't have been playing in the streets, but cmon realistically how much practice can you really get from one DDAY a month...

I mean if you think about it if this was the Irwindale Speedway, on the inside track.... If i had gotten the snap oversteer on the 3rd gear sweeper my whole left side would have ended up into the K-rail...

Yeah I just got it back from PJ Bonifacio's... Its gonna take awhile to get her back to the way she was... She pretty much looks stock except for the CF hood... I have to rebuild the rear coilovers, and source a CF front and rear lip... I still have CF side skirts that I never put on her, so yeah its gonna take awhile before she looks pristine again...

Comment

Originally posted by CoUnTer_MoTiOn
                    Yeah I know I shouldn't have been playing in the streets, but cmon realistically how much practice can you really get from one DDAY a month...

I mean if you think about it if this was the Irwindale Speedway, on the inside track.... If i had gotten the snap oversteer on the 3rd gear sweeper my whole left side would have ended up into the K-rail...

Yeah I just got it back from PJ Bonifacio's... Its gonna take awhile to get her back to the way she was... She pretty much looks stock except for the CF hood... I have to rebuild the rear coilovers, and source a CF front and rear lip... I still have CF side skirts that I never put on her, so yeah its gonna take awhile before she looks pristine again...
                    Is this the same WRX that was featured in a magazine with that RWD fukis like 2 years ago? If so, I have some questions for you...

Comment

There's one reason why I wouldn't buy a CF bumper..

Comment

Originally posted by mranlet
                        There was a very rare TT I4 Mk III Supra...
                        WTF are you talking about....
                        Also, you people make it sound like 4wd drift is impossible or isn't common. It happens all the time and has been for a long time....and there have been 4wd cars in D1.

Comment

Originally posted by Revolver
                          WTF are you talking about....
                          Also, you people make it sound like 4wd drift is impossible or isn't common. It happens all the time and has been for a long time....and there have been 4wd cars in D1.
                          Settle down Revolver. People know about AWD drift. People talk about AWD drift. Hell, Drift for Food talks about it all the time. And as for D1 cars, I can't recall any cars that were in it before the rule was made about no AWD.

Also, typically 4WD=2WD+Transfer Case (only part of the time all wheel drive)
                          AWD=All the time all wheel drive

Comment

Originally posted by ZoltecRules
                            Settle down Revolver. People know about AWD drift. People talk about AWD drift. Hell, Drift for Food talks about it all the time. And as for D1 cars, I can't recall any cars that were in it before the rule was made about no AWD.

Also, typically 4WD=2WD+Transfer Case (only part of the time all wheel drive)
                            AWD=All the time all wheel drive
                            ..Correct. BUT cars like the new-age STi have intelligent center diffs and linkages that adjust power distribution; so it's a little of both. And WRC cars are equipped with a quick-release transfercase where when the e-brake is applied, it releases the front driveshaft linkage from the case, letting it spin free while the rear is locked, causing no damage to the components, which in a normal car would over time completely fail under rear lock - front spin.

Comment

This reminds me of last Friday where Keiichi Tsuchiya was retained by a Japanese magazine for the press test of the new STi. It took him a while to get used to the car, and then once he did, he tried to do some drifting through the corners (Honjyo circuit - relatively new, small, really a kart/drift track) and ended up in the inside corner grass half the time. This isn't to say that he is a bad driver, but that modern AWD's are tasked with getting traction as soon as possible once it's lost.

I'd certainly agree you can drift them - I was certainly doing that there - but good, clean, and long drifts are definitely harder to do, and sometimes just not dependable enough for competition.

Cheers,

Paul Hansen
                              www.avoturboworld.com
                              www.sevenphotos.com
                              www.apexjapan.com

Comment

i love it,u guys are complaining to only having one drift day a month,there are no drift days around here,so we have to risk it and try to find empty parking lots and such to practice.

Comment

Working...
                                X