No announcement yet.

My SR20 Datsun 510 Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeap, it was there, with no interior in it, lol.

everyone said that it was the show stopper, i wasnt at the show really bc i had to work all day.

random shots i found

Last edited by markshatchi86; 04-29-2007, 04:37 PM.

Comment

friggen gorgeous

Comment

damn its been almost a year since an update. well the car has been sitting with not much work done to it, but now its actually being worked on

motor had to come back out to get the brakes done properly, but not has a complete braking system

also a brand new chassis harness is going in

Comment

I thought maybe you died.

Comment

problem was, i built most of the car myself. i then moved out to CA a year ago and left it there since i wouldnt really have anytime to work on the car if it was out here. since i was getting the 'bro hookup' on labor, it has been to 3 different friends shops to get done, finally after a year its gonna actually be finished soon. then i can ship it out here, finish up any minor misc stuff and enjoy it.

Comment

more updates.

chassis harness is almost done, engine harness is getting close. oil feed/drain lines are on. motor had to come out to get the hydro ebrake in there correctly

Comment

I thought you finished this thing already too.

So wait..are you back in FL now? or in CA?

Also whats a "ballpark figure" on how much you dropped on this project so far?

I'm thinking about doin something similar and I wanna know what the financial damage is gonna be.

Comment

That car costs at least 1,000,000 and he'll get 1/3 when he sells it. it's an investment. Like Brian Harte's Topaz.

Comment

cars still in FL and im still in CA. i just dont have time to finish it here so i left it there. Ill have about $20,000 - $23000 into the car when its complete. If i wanted to sell it, I could get that much back out of it. I still have never lost money on a project to date......

Comment

engine bay was repainted since the motor was out. It had been beat up some due to some modifying and needed a respray

Comment

It's coming along really nicely, I can't wait to see it all finished.

I've been wanting to do something like this myself, but its going to be a long time (at least a couple years) before I have the money to finish my Camaro and start a new project.

Comment

Car is STILL around, progressing very slowly.....

The shop that had the car went out of business and had to get it to another friend, it was a huge mess.

Comment

This is the first time ive seen my 510 since April. Since the shop that had my car went bankrupt, my friend steve has been storing and slowly working on it. Both him and I worked on it from 930am-11pm yesterday and got A LOT done.

It is so close to running, I can almost smell it. Lower harness is done, the harness has all the extra crap taken out of it and ignitor extended into the cabin. Only thing left for the harness is finish fuel pump relay, fan power, power to harness, and injector resistor box. Might be running Sunday if all goes well.

http://www.floridaracing.org/510/121608/

This all there is for the lower harness, fused battery power coming into alternator, starter.

Comment

Should run Tuesday, finally.

Comment

looks great. good luck.

Comment

Working...
                                X