Sort of new to this.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sort of new to this.

This may be the most commonly asked question on this sight. I realy hope you all answer my questions.

I do rally racing, and most of us prefer subaru, VW mostly because of the availability of parts, both aftermarket and junkyard, and because they have the "cookie cutter" desighn.

What cars are you guys using that have the availability of parts?
    What cars are you guys getting that can be had under 5 grand?

I'll have some more q's later

Thank you

For drifting, the answer to both of those questions is Nissan 240SX.

The older ones can be had for as little as $1500 in stock form and, because of their popularity, replacement and performance parts are all . . . over . . . the . . . place.

Comment

to be quite honest, I havn't seen any of those around here. I do see plenty of sentras, but no 240's.

If I do decide on getting a 240, what parts of what cars (usdm) will fit on the 240 if i don't come across one in a junk yard?

If i needed an engine or trany i'd probably buy it from an importer. But for the other parts like wheels, calipers, control arms, steering racks, axles, ect?

Also is this car made so quick and fast repairs can be done between runs?
      Like the ford, and subaru 30 min trany swap? (if no nuts and bots are siezed)

thanks

Comment

Well, to be honest, there aren't a ton of other car parts that bolt directly on a 240, but parts from the 300zx are popular to bolt on 'cause of how heavy duty they are.

What makes the 240 so good was not only did they make it for a while, but with everyone switching to JDM, getting the USDM parts is not only easy, but really cheap. Besides, for the price, it's a pretty decent handeling RWD.

Comment

Well if your want to drift I say the 240sx would be the best car to use for beginner drifting, but if you want to do rally I say stick with your Subarus.

Comment

ROGER THAT!!!^^

im my 6 years with my 240 i have had 4 engines and 3 trans for a grand total of about

1450 dollars.

Comment

Just buy a S13 240sx, no need to buy from an "importer" as the car is readily available here in the states in abundance. The aftermarket is plentiful, right here in the USA, and there are plenty of scrap cars from fanboys who thought they were better than they really are.

-Dave

Comment

Working...
              X