ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

drifting money and sponsors waht do u ppl think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drifting money and sponsors waht do u ppl think?

now i love drifting and i love it because street drag was too easy and the money....it creates problems, i began drifting in up state NY beacsue it was all about style and fun also it is a challenge and was wondering waht u ppl say to money in drift.

me: i hope it never come to nights about meny and drifting......also i wanna no about d1 and if there is any payout or about how much is the payout?.....also i hope we can disscuss sponsorsip and how to acheave that...
    yes
    58.33%
    no
    41.67%
    Last edited by --DriftKing--; 08-06-2003, 10:45 AM.

i like money. but it doesnt like me too much

Comment

I don't think it should involve money...there would be to many problems

Comment

exactly i mean did u no taht like 30% of streetracing deaths are out of the car killings because of waht?....money...and beef....

Comment

Originally posted by NismoPwr
          I don't think it should involve money...there would be to many problems
          mo money mo problems.

but seriously i think sponsorship or just having bigger companies support drifting would be good. there was a thread on the same thing practically. drag racing used to be underground. way before we were born :P. so why not give drifting a kick in the right direction? if more companies get involved then there will be more parts for us. parts should get cheaper as more people demand for the parts. more events then we wont have to drift on the streets as much. then if it gets bigger than we can get onto bigger tracks. sponsors would be ill. i mean free tires . who can argue with that!

Comment

hell yea!!!!! no thats waht im talking about!!! free tires that would be a huge help!!!! i wonder if body kit companies would help out wit the damge and *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*

Comment

Sponsorship has its ups and downs. Alot of people who want to keep drifting underground dont like the idea, but for me, I do like the idea. I cant afford to compete or try out professionally on my own paycheck. As for drifting for money, I think thats just lame. For one thing, drifting is a style sport, there is no top speed or best time. There is only the best drift. I believe people should do it because they think its fun, not because they want to win money. Maybe people will want to do it for money, but if thats why they do it then they loose some respect from me. Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyHawaiian
                Sponsorship has its ups and downs. Alot of people who want to keep drifting underground dont like the idea, but for me, I do like the idea. I cant afford to compete or try out professionally on my own paycheck. As for drifting for money, I think thats just lame. For one thing, drifting is a style sport, there is no top speed or best time. There is only the best drift. I believe people should do it because they think its fun, not because they want to win money. Maybe people will want to do it for money, but if thats why they do it then they loose some respect from me. Sorry.
                right on, plus you can't really judge a whole run, specially if its togue cuz you can't see all the turns, and alot of the judging is based on style, which isn't a set in stone judging thing....

Comment

hell yea...i no waht u eman sponsorship would defenately be great cuz the plans i have go way over buget....acually whos plans don go over ?......lol

hey face it a free turno or set of tires rock no way around that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but i sorta daont want this sport to get a bad name by wannbes and posers...imagine the make laws against driftnig like there are for street racing cuz sum punkass ho trys to drift his civic and hits a child or sumthing? that worries mebut all in all

Comment

well just like any out of the ordinary sport. youre gonna get dissed in the beginning before people realize that there is actually allot of skill involved in it. skateboarding for example. in the beginning it wasnt respected. hell it was downright *Censored**Censored**Censored*. now its popular and people think its cool. same with rollerblading. people dont know *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* about it today but rollerblading is nuts. and now drifting. when i do it there are allot of people that are still like "what the *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* was that?". and then they either act stupid to me or they try and mimic what i just did.

im all for drifting to blow up.

Comment

i still just cant find a way to want that to happen......dunno mabye this thread can change taht

Comment

NO Money Mo Sponsors

I Think That Money Should Only Come Into Play On The Pro Level. I Do My Drifting For Fun. D1 Should Because They Put So Much On Their Cars And Damage Is Iminant. So No I Think Money Should Stay With Pros. Sponsorship Is Awesome Free Parts Are You Kinding Me Anyone The Doesn't Want That Should Be Around Cars.

Comment

i know what you mean about gettin paid to drift. that goes to the pro's. but i'd like a tire sponsorship. and some parts. i mean even if the sponsorship just gives discounts. i want it. knowwhatimsayin?

Comment

Originally posted by marshun
                            i know what you mean about gettin paid to drift. that goes to the pro's. but i'd like a tire sponsorship. and some parts. i mean even if the sponsorship just gives discounts. i want it. knowwhatimsayin?
                            wurd

Comment

Working...
                            X