No announcement yet.

Who got you into drifting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damm You need to find the closest china town or somthing. shoot even order one if you have to....IT'sThe BEST mag ever..Even tho you can read most of it THere is alot of great pics of products and tons oF cars..take off 2 zeros from the price of products to get a idea on what the price is on all the new "JDM" stuff that we don',t get easly. But I would order one if you have never see one before..IT's worth it.

Comment

hmm my brother in law got me into drifting when i was 12. he took me out when he bought his s14, but i didnt know really what he was doing til a a year later. 6 years later i have a rps13 and he is teaching me.

Comment

Saddy...or luckily, Takumi got me into drifting. Yep, him. Anyways, that's what first showed me the sport. From there on, it was just my desire to become better that pushed me on.

Comment

cool im going to lil tokyo today... so maybe ill pick one up

Comment

My Japanese friend, Daisuke, from high school introduced me to drifting back in '97. He was always an FR Nissan fan and sported a 240SX (RPS S13) while everyone else here were into FF cars like integras and civics. He introduced me to v-opt videos and other "hashiriya" type videos, and told me why civics and integras aren't featured much in option magazines and such. It was a mystery to me back then because I couldn't read Japanese...

Comment

My friends started www.dgtrials.com and said I should go out and learn how to drift my car.

I am still learning.

Comment

I started talking to Chris Foresburg when he had his old FC on rx7club, and keep in touch till DGtrials started and still to this day

Im am also still learning, i dont think u ever stop learing

Comment

whos on my avatar....Monkey MAN

from seeing one of cameos in option, vol 88 where they gather up the best non-pro drifters in japan for a drift contest, swaer to god he really loves to screw around...hehehe

Comment

my cousin from japan (mauricio) hes from peru but its livin for like five years in japan.. he drives right now a R33 gts-t skyline.... he past me some option n tengokus videos... i get in to the drifting at all when i got my first white FC (T2 swap) that a year later some mo foo stoled to me and sellīm in parts i know all this *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* couse i found it in tijuana a month latter..and know im with my second project a red FC turbo swapinh right know...

thats tha simple history.. my favorite have always been masatoshi aka. mo foo shimuelo asamoto

peace....

Comment

^no idea what u said about the white TII.

got tired of the whole 1/4 mile thing. i mean wow. they can go fast in a straight line. i found it sorta boring, but when I saw Initial D and saw some underground vids from Japan i liked it and it excited me. I've been into since. that was about 2 years ago.

Comment

Always was into rally racing and played with matchbox cars in the dirt sliding em sideways when i was little.. untill about a year ago i didnt really know what drifting was... i went through a huge muscle car street racing/drag racing phase.... then the love for car control and driver skill dawned on me.... and the fun art of drifting

just my story....

Comment

Yeah i remember tommy's classic car stage......poor him...i would just let him talk about how muscle cars were better than imports and shake my head.... .........i got into drifting about two years ago from an event at California Speedway in fontana......there was a falken tire demo with cars that slid sideways????? What a concept!!!! so i watched and was hooked on the smell of rubber burning ever since........first contact with Drift Xtreme Drivers and Girl Drivers.......Damn they are good.......

Comment

oh tha thing for the white FC was because it was my first FC. but i dont know who sstole it to me and sell it in parts in tijuana.. ok tha thing is that my first fc got stolen .

oh im 16 right now and i strated to see options at 13

Comment

Working...
                            X