Ask JR from DRIFT ALLIANCE Something!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JR,

Are you planning on releasing any sort of documentation to the public on what it takes to make a Mustang competitive not just for drifting, but for track use as well?

-los

Comment

At this point the mustang is very new to me my last 6 years I have had 5 240's so I am learning a whole new animal with the mustang and I really dont know to much about it from a on track perspective. But as I get some seat time and we make performance benchmarks on the track I will be glad to share my opinions and the facts that we develop when we get to that point. I do know the actual geometry of the car makes it very capable of being both a good Drift and road race car with the right driver and setup of course. Right now we are working with an amazing Mustang Builder and sucking him for all the knowledge he has about the mustang from his Years of experience with the Mustang to greatly influence our buildup. his knowledge and our knowledge of drifting and "drift cars" we shouldnt have to many issues once everything gets rolling.

Stay tuned......

Thanks,

JR
      www.driftalliance.com
      TEAM FALKEN

Comment

who is the sheriff of Maryland???

Comment

ME!!!
          www.driftalliance.com
          TEAM FALKEN

Comment

How much force can the average air hockey table withstand before smashing into a lot of pieces? Would you say it takes a drunken gorilla/sherriff flying through a window and slamming down on it to break it? How about a couch?

Comment

I would say the scientific answer to that would be that it can handle 225lbs being dropped on it from 1ft above the surface of the table going approximately 2 mph...any Higher and any faster It will be obliverated. I would know nothing of a drunken gorilla Sheriff... But if you catch one let me know I would love to shake its hand ...... the counch can handle the same amount scientifically however when you add one more body in a wrestling match the couch WILL fold in half......hahahahha Hope you enjoy the new pool table....

LATER,

JR
              Last edited by j.r.; 12-03-2004, 02:14 PM.
              www.driftalliance.com
              TEAM FALKEN

Comment

JR, how can i get in on these test sessions and what other inaniment objects could we then test? do i need a helmet?
                Love always,
                The TowGay monster.

Comment

1. Will you be using the '05 3-valve motor or an older 4-valve, and who will be building your motors?
                  2. What kind of LSD do you plan on using, and will it be an off-the-shelf part or a custom unit?
                  3. Are the new suspension pieces going to be bolt-on parts that will be made available to the public, or custom jobs fabricated in house?
                  4. What will you be using to defeat the ABS and traction control? (chip, custom ecu, etc.)
                  5. What made you decide to switch to the Mustang, did you approach Ford, or did Ford come to you?

With most of the Pro domestic drifters having tons of custom fabrication (custom suspension geometry, altered pitman arms, etc.), I hope you keep the Mustang as a modified street car, like something you'd see in the American Iron series as opposed to a one-off job like the GTO or Viper. It'd be great if the parts and pieces could trickle down to the aftermarket, so that anybody can build their own '05 Mustang drift car.

Anyway, good luck Jr.

Comment

The 2005 Mustang will have all the trickest suspension and powertrain parts on it that we can make, the benefit here is that we can track test all of these products before we decide what we will and will not release to the public. Having all of these parts available would be the ideal situation but there are some things that will be Falken specific. There will be an aftermarket version of the 2005 Mustang DRIFT car that can be purchased complete right off the showroom floor from specific Ford dealers in Southern California. And with some slight mods, these cars can be made to run in AIX, SCCA or any on track event. So Saleen and Roush should seriously watch their backs cuz Falken and X-M-P are gonna rock the Mustang World!

Comment

Originally posted by j.r.
                      I would say the scientific answer to that would be that it can handle 225lbs being dropped on it from 1ft above the surface of the table going approximately 2 mph...any Higher and any faster It will be obliverated.
                      But at the same time there are other variables to this equation. Where you in the space-time continuum? If so these events could have never happened. but images pressed into your mind from others, because this will yield a brand new pool table.
                      www.chrisforsberg.com
                      www.driftalliance.com
                      www.nosdrift.com
                      www.hankooktireusa.com

Comment

hi
                        Last edited by Adam Barker; 12-12-2004, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Nice seats in the backround and j.r. good luck with da in 05.

Comment

Originally posted by Tsunami
                            1. Will you be using the '05 3-valve motor or an older 4-valve, and who will be building your motors?

We are still discussing both motors. Extreme Mustang Performance will be doing the building.

2. What kind of LSD do you plan on using, and will it be an off-the-shelf part or a custom unit?

The LSD we use will be off the shelf I will post the details once we have chosen and tested the unit we will be using.

3. Are the new suspension pieces going to be bolt-on parts that will be made available to the public, or custom jobs fabricated in house?

I would say at least 80% of the suspension parts will be available to the public asssuming that the manufacturers o the parts see it to be fit.

4. What will you be using to defeat the ABS and traction control? (chip, custom ecu, etc.)

ABS is going to be completely removed (huge weight savings too) and We are going to be using Engine management which will cancel out the traction control. However I do know you can pull fuses and the abs harness to bypass that on stock 05. For track use only of course hahahaha

5. What made you decide to switch to the Mustang, did you approach Ford, or did Ford come to you?

Team Falken and myself thought it had great potential and I was up for the challenge and opportunity to prove a new car so we went for it!

With most of the Pro domestic drifters having tons of custom fabrication (custom suspension geometry, altered pitman arms, etc.), I hope you keep the Mustang as a modified street car, like something you'd see in the American Iron series as opposed to a one-off job like the GTO or Viper. It'd be great if the parts and pieces could trickle down to the aftermarket, so that anybody can build their own '05 Mustang drift car.

Anyway, good luck Jr.
                            [B]

Thanks Man,

JR
                            www.driftalliance.com
                            TEAM FALKEN

Comment

Tony wants to know if your Mustang will do wheelies when its done?????

Comment

Well "110 Octane", if i have my way we will be keeping another blower pulley, my lap top, and some wheelie bars in the rig for those days so we can disconnect the front sway bar and get this thing a foot off the ground!! Just imagine the faces in the crowd when this Mustang lifts the wheels at the starting line

Comment

Working...
                                X