FF3 PRODUCTION PHOTOS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good follow up.

If they cant defend themselves then maybe they should stop yelling from the peanut gallery. I wasnt attacking them, I was asking them to explain their rants.

Understand that I have no opinion of the plot, because nobody knows how it will play out once the final cut is made.

- Im sure LA cops arent worried that sum 16yr old kid in a beat up 240 slidin' at a walmart shopping lot is connected to the Japanese Mafia.

Gangstas dont roll Japanese imports here

- I still dont get the "Why would twinkie be there" part. Are there no Americans in Japan? any japanese folks here in the US??

- This movie isnt to display 'our' (whoever OUR may be) coulture. They wanted the cars to fit their story...not to tell our story. This is NOT a documentary about Drifting coulture....

- And I'm sorry but you're not gonna have a successful Drifting movie with a 'Days of Thunder' plot....NASCAR can, but Drifting alone cant carry a major motion picture.

You can pick apart ANY movie ever made if thats what you do to entertain yourself...I dont see the point to make it a REASON to see a movie, but whatever floats your boat....

Its a movie...just watch it and have fun.

Im not gonna go into details about the script. If you were on the set, then you know the rules about leaking info. / pix

I just hope that I dont end up on the cutting room floor

Anywayz, These threads make as much sense as NASA bitchin about StarWars....
    Last edited by DriftGirl; 03-12-2006, 08:29 PM.

Comment

i think that for the month that movie stays in the theatres, all the drifters should stay at home as all the cops will be out hunting kids who have just seen the movie and try to drift on the streets.

why's it so far been a white guy main character and his partner always african american for the past fnf movies? why not this one japanese since they're in japan.

i personally wouldn't go out to see the movie when it comes out. i'll probably just wait til one of my friends decide to rent it from blockbuster or something.

Comment

emerald -

are you defending this movie because they used your car in it? or because you actually believe in the movie?

when they asked you about using your car: did you do it because you read the script and truely beleived that this would be a quality movie? or because you were getting financial gain, and also exposure for your sponsors who provided you with cheap / free parts?

A lot of people get hyped about hollywood. and because of this, often times they are exploited by hollywood for the financial gain of the up-and-ups in the studio.

I never saw the 2nd fast and furious movie because of the way they sold out in it. The reason mitsubishi is so prominant in the movie is because they were the highest bidder. and NX outbid NOS to be the official nitrous supplier.

While the people behind this 3rd installment promise it won't be as commercial, i still don't have much faith in the movie as a quality production. I do know some of the behind-the-scenes antics which took place, and I don't agree with them. There was a huge "pinch pennies now to increase profits later" mentality which tells me that many corners were cut at the interest of price. That means that they took the cheap way out of a lot of things instead of taking the correct way.

monkeyslide - you defend the extent that they went on spending money to make it official? why did they ask for 'any asian race' to show up at extras for scenes? why did they ship over vending machines instead of shipping the production to japan, as originally planned? Why did they utilize stereotypes instead of spending some time / money to be 'authentic' ? we all laugh at the name of 'twinkie' because we probably know someone who has been called a twinkie - white on the inside, yellow on the outside. if Boswell was nicknamed "banana" by the end of the movie, would you still call it 'authentic' ? Think about it...

Now, as mentioned in another thread, i would rather watch a cheesy movie like this about cars and drifting than watch another mandy moore flick. So i will be checking it out. But i won't be paying for it, and i won't suggest that this movie was a 'quality' movie or any sort.

these threads do make sense because some of us were around to witness the fall out of the first movie. In my town alone, we saw the street racing crowd blow up from 90 cars racing until 4 in the morning literally the week before the movie came out to 300+ cars not getting a single race in the night the movie came out. I saw 4 girls all under the age of 18 in their mom's mini van with a donut on the back the night the movie came out. I personally confronted them and asked them why they were there, and guess what they cited as their motivation for showing up? like it or not, that movie led to a huge downfall as a relatively underground culture got launched into the headlines. I think many of us fear the same thing will happen with Drifting when this movie is released.

everyone is entitled to their opinions. but if you're going to promote the movie with your left hand while the right hand is in the cookie jar, don't try and hide it....
        Last edited by Slapshotnerd; 03-13-2006, 02:24 AM.

Comment

I've never offered an opinion of the movie, because I havent seen it yet, so there is nothing to defend or promote. I know about cars and how to build them. I dont need a movie to tell me. I need a movie to entertain me. I didnt read a final script (I have one now tho ) nor am I expecting the Automotive version of 'Gone with the wind'. It was an honor to have my hard work selected to be a part of sumthing that so many people tried out for. Hopefully my scenes dont end up on the cutting room floor...Id love to sit in the theater and see me or my hard work on the big screen.

The problem is that people THINK its all about the 'Drift scene'. its a movie that involves Drifting...big difference.

If its good or bad I still want my parents and friends to say: "Look, theres Emeralds car. You know the one she spends all her time on ...."

I let superstreet shoot it last summer, after agreeing to shoot with them 2 years prior. I shot with Modified right before FF3. Im sure you'll see it again in the coming months doin sumthin.

It felt good when my parents had me bring over extra copies to show their friends.

I like my car and I think that it deserved to be a part of this film and the coverage that it gets. I havent touched the car in 2yrs and the stateside Lexus SC / Soarer world is still playin catch-up to it. Not to sound cocky, but thats just a fact.

Many people dont know that I own an import/export & Manufacturing company that builds a lot of parts for other 'Import Tuning Companies' to put their name on. We See a lot of 'our stuff' (with other peoples names) on cars all the time...I dont need really need 'free parts' or to have a million sponsors.

My part in the movie:

I had to pay for a truck and trailer,rental car,food and pay for hotel and shopping....I think all of the profits from the movie were spent as soon as I found all the wonderful Malls that you guys have there

DoLuck shipped the car home from LA for me...cause they're super cool and I was tired from working down there. Trying to do my part to help them make a quality product.

seriously, they'd have to pay me atleast 4 times as much, to make me 'do it for the money'.

I did the movie for the experience. I'll prolly end up on the cutting room floor but it was worth it to me. I would rather see my car in a scene than any scene with me in it.

Sponsors and Free product:

I've dropped all Sponsors for that car,except for Falken. Ive been with them BEFORE they had The Falken Drift Team.
          I've been offered 'better' Tire deals, but am loyal to Falken. I was sittin on new Falkens before they sponsored me.
          There not one company that does for me, what I cant do for myself at little or no effort. I dont need 'free parts', but I do wear my Sponsors logos like badges of honor. They take care of me...And they didnt even know I was in the film, till I told them after returning.

Characters:
          Its clearly a racial issue. Im not goin there...too many ignorant people in the world.

As far as the movie production:

They have a Film budget to work within. you know this more than just about anyone here.

People were bitching about sum of the things being shot in LA...uh, that stuff costs money. They dont have a 'Blank check' to make a movie. You know that Hollywood is hurtin for hits R'now. Ive been told a few (bad) things from people that are working in production, but we'll just have to see how it turns out. I cant speculate on a film that has yet to see the light of day. I'm a visionary not a psychic

I dont give my opinion in regards to the movie. There were days when I was one of the last people leaving the set because there was so much work to do....trying to do my part to make sure its a decent movie for a bunch of people that just sit and talk about 'what they would do'. I had a car there, I worked for the movie behind the cameras and worked in front of the camera in character.

I just ask people to explain theirs, in regards to their feelings about the movie.

Its a no-win situation: They build their own cars (FF1&2) and people complain (some think rightfully so) they ask for real 'Drift / VIP' cars and people still complain....who are these people and where were they when they had their chance to make a difference?

Business 101: Make money....nuff said.

The problem with the kids (and people in general) these days is that they think the world owes them sumthing. People Looove to tell others what to do with their money. The movie has to have a huge Hollywood element to bring in viewers outside of the Drifting world. They DID listen to a few suggestions that I had (and others im sure) and make changes when I let the right persons know.
          I think they are trying to a large extent, but we all know the higher -ups will make the final call when its all said and done. I hope that they dont edit the film like FF2, but we'll have to wait and see....

I dont promote the movie. I just know what I (and many others) went thru to do our very small part in the film. It may be the crappiest movie ever...I really have no clue. But I do know that I tried to do what I could. THAT I will defend.

As far as FF1&2 'Ruining' street racing....so what. Its illegal anyway. So is street Drifting. That makes as much sense as a serial killer gettin pissed cause he was caught...after doing it a million times over the years. uh, its still illegal. Dont do the crime if you dont wanna risk gettin caught and paying the fine.

If you think you're old enough to own and drive a car, then you're old enough to take responsibility for your actions. That 'The movie made me do it' excuse doesnt hold water with me. people always look for an excuse....It's the american way now it seems. Blame TV, Blame books, Blame movies,Blame music, place the blame anywhere else....cept where it belongs. On the teenagers and parents. sell that to someone else, no buyers here

you have parents that buy their kids turbo upgrades and all kinds of Mods and then play stupid when their kids get busted street racing. you never hear a single parent blame themselves or children.

Nobody is held accountable to their actions these days. From the President on down.....its pathetic.

I do what I do If i'm caught, I pay the ticket and move on.

Anywayz, I cant remember the last movie I saw in the theater (just not my thing) I hate crowds, but I will see this in the theater....crappy film or not. I know a lot of people worked hard on the film.

So yeah, My car is in it and I do know there were MANY people TRYING to do what they could....both are worth defending

eh, I just wanna see my car flash before my eyes...all 2 seconds of it LoL!!

Comment

emeralds car will be in there for 1 sec, after all its just a background car. This thread is lametown. Movie is coming out, like it or not.

Comment

Top to bottom:

- Character car(s)
              - Set Dressing car(s)
              - Background car(s)

My car is 'Set Dressing'.....meaning 3 seconds.

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by DriftGirl
                Top to bottom:

- Character car(s)
                - Set Dressing car(s)
                - Background car(s)

My car is 'Set Dressing'.....meaning 3 seconds.

Thank you
                You tell him, girl.

I find it ironic that 'Nerd is accusing you of being biased in one direction when he himself was attempting to be involved in the casting process originally.

Bottom line: whether we like or not, whether the movie sucks or not, it will have both negative and positive influences on the sport.

I pity those dumb enough to participate in illegal drifting within 90 days of this movie's release. I believe anyone allowing himself/herself to be filmed by a newscrew or seemingly "benign" spectator should be publicly chastised...in such cases, that footage invariably makes it to the Evening news, casting a dark cloud over the rest of the community.

I'm just glad I wasn't the Tech Advisor on this monster...

If there is one birght point, the cars they cast for the US filming were among the very best the tuning community had to offer. I'm sure most did not participate for the money...a special thanks to all of you who contributed...hopefully, your vehicle's presence will provide a much needed boost to the overall look and feel of the movie.
                Last edited by craiglieberman; 03-14-2006, 09:04 AM.

Comment

As far as Bow Wow being in the movie, it has nothing to do with the fact that he's black or a rapper. It's the fact that they tried to sell it to the enthusiasts as "realistic, representing the scene" to get cars, then after all that's over we find out that it's just like the last one, with a rapper to sell it, a "wtf" plot, and the dumbest hero car of all time to boot. But hey there's cars in it so it's worth a DVD rental, because I watch every movie that has cars in it, no matter how low-rent the thing is or what kind of cars are in it. Oh well. As one poster put it:
                  "It's still better than some women's network made for TV love-story"
                  Originally posted by DriftGirl
                  People complain about the RB in a Mustang...IF Team FALKEN decided to drop in an RB into their Mustang you guys would be jockin'...dont even front like its not true either.
                  Not me. Don't care who built it. Everybody's got the right to their own opinion, and mine, as well as over 90% of the Ford community, is that this thing is a bastardazation of what could've been an nicely-restored 67 fastback. The idea of swapping LS1's into 240's and 7's is to get huge power in a light package. But what's the point of swapping to peaky engine in a heavy car? Again to sell the flick to an audience who thinks the RB26 is the right hand of God.

Having said that I can totally understand the work that goes into it. For the record the first one was decent, as they gave the Charger plenty of respect. They probably will never make a realistic car movie simply because cars don't sell, so they have to make an accuracy-dulling plot to sell the flick to the non-enthusiasts, hence bow wow and warm-and-fuzzy Lizzie McGuire plotline.
                  A comment regarding Steve McQueens involvent in "Le Mans" sums it up:
                  "Steve thought a love story was a good background for racing. However the studio thought racing was a good background for a love story. "

and now, to distract Lieberman:

Comment

all I see is crying about a movie..

haha more u cry the more tissue u use.. suck it up its coming out in 3 months.. all drift scenes are done by jap pros or us pros. as far as the story goes it sucks, like the first 2. watch it for the driving or just dont' watch it. Universal is still going to make money, then maybe i'll get a bigger raise..
                    Last edited by Stannyboy; 03-13-2006, 10:48 PM.

Comment

I posted this on 7-7-2004 (http://www.drifting.com/forums/showt...&page=9&pp=15), and it still holds true today. Important points have been bolded for those who don't like to read:

Nero played the fiddle while Rome burned, so the story goes... Hopefully that does not apply to Mr. Lieberman and drifting.

Like him or dislike him, I very much respect Craig. As a single man, he holds probably the greatest influence on how the public will see drifting in the future. I don't nescessarily think that he has the reverse-Midas touch and I understand that he has to make a lot of people happy at the same time.

I DO feel very strongly about that which I love, as I'm sure he does too - similar to how Mr. Hale (Nissanguy) had put it, you wouldn't want to have some paint a portrait of your mother and then add a blue sparkle wig and Elvis glasses. You'd want her to be depicted as she is.

I don't want people to be drawn to drifting for something that drifting ISN'T. I want people to be drawn to drifting for what it is, plain and simple. Ultimately, those are the people who will be in it for the long haul.

Mr. Lieberman - I'm sure that you get a lof of flak from a lot of people about things you've done in the past and that's really unfortunate. A lot of people here are simply frustrated and they don't know who else to hold responsible but you - if you listen to us and give the drifitng world what it wants then you could easily be the hero, but don't let us down.

Comment

Originally posted by mranlet
                        I posted this on 7-7-2004 (http://www.drifting.com/forums/showt...&page=9&pp=15), and it still holds true today. Important points have been bolded for those who don't like to read:

Nero played the fiddle while Rome burned, so the story goes... Hopefully that does not apply to Mr. Lieberman and drifting.

Like him or dislike him, I very much respect Craig. As a single man, he holds probably the greatest influence on how the public will see drifting in the future. I don't nescessarily think that he has the reverse-Midas touch and I understand that he has to make a lot of people happy at the same time.

I DO feel very strongly about that which I love, as I'm sure he does too - similar to how Mr. Hale (Nissanguy) had put it, you wouldn't want to have some paint a portrait of your mother and then add a blue sparkle wig and Elvis glasses. You'd want her to be depicted as she is.

I don't want people to be drawn to drifting for something that drifting ISN'T. I want people to be drawn to drifting for what it is, plain and simple. Ultimately, those are the people who will be in it for the long haul.

Mr. Lieberman - I'm sure that you get a lof of flak from a lot of people about things you've done in the past and that's really unfortunate. A lot of people here are simply frustrated and they don't know who else to hold responsible but you - if you listen to us and give the drifitng world what it wants then you could easily be the hero, but don't let us down.
                        That I respect...and yes, I recognize my role (by default) in trying to make Hollywood place authenticity into movies covering the sports we love. Sadly, Technical Advisors have a limited role. Toshi Haymame is the Tech Advisor for this picture and I think we all agree he has his finger on the pulse of the tuner world. It'll be interesting to see if he got the studio to listen anymore than I did in the last two. Either way, I won't hold him responsible for any errors...because I've walked a mile in his shoes.

I will happily post the email addresses of the Hollywood execs when this movie comes out so that you/we can voice our opinions on the finished prodcut.

However, if you TRULY wish to communicate a message about your dissatisfaction with the finished product, there's only one way to do that: vote with your pocketbooks by NOT seeing the movie.

I for one hope that the movie brings more sponsors to the scene...we've all seen several of our favorite drifters scale back their programs and the infusion of fresh capital would help us immensely. Ultimately, the street drifters need to take responsibilities for any negative press they create through their actions, so I hope noone will blame the movie for more news focus on street drifting related incidents.

BTW: thanks for posting the Porsche picture.

Comment

i just wanted to say everyone in this thread who made a post longer than 3.3 lines is a total *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*. go watch it. go street drift, and go to jail afterwards, get some lovin while your in there. /thread. team rainbow slide > this thread.

Comment

and im gonna go watch it. be entertained by it. probably buy it on dvd and watch it with freinds, and do like all movies are meant to do. entertain and leave it in the tv where it belongs.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Peters
                              i just wanted to say everyone in this thread who made a post longer than 3.3 lines is a total *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*. go watch it. go street drift, and go to jail afterwards, get some lovin while your in there. /thread. team rainbow slide > this thread.
                              YOU FAILURE!!

you posted 4 lines! you must die NOW!

j/k

hey mike, wanna go watch the movie after the FD Sonoma event in july? i'll even hold your hand if you get scurred...

Comment

ok

on my browser it was 3 lines, i got high resolutiowned on my computer. up at teh shop where im posting from its like 4 lol.

but yall need to lighten up. its just a movie.

Comment

Working...
                                X