Bubba Drift retiring from FD for 2006

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bubba Drift retiring from FD for 2006

Bubba Drift will no longer be competing in Formula Drift for 2006. We were already trying to stretch things with a low budget when we had an issue with a sponsor. The last couple of years has been a lot of fun, and we've met a lot of great fans and made friends. I'd like to thank Flowmaster and Magnacharger for trying hard to help make this season happen for us, as well as some of our other sponsors.

Derrick will be building his Corvette and will be making as many Formula Drift events as he can, but he will miss the first event while he is building his car.

All of us will stay active in drifting, just more on the local level with Daily Drifter and possibly others. The El Camino will go back like it was for the most part and probably make it to many events. We'll be back to using used tires like when we started.

Feel free to check out or site and poke around the album for photos and videos. We will be having fun, and promoting drifters and drifting on the local level.

www.BubbaDrift.com

Sincerely,

James Evans
    Bubba Drift

Thanks Bubba Drift for putting in the time, effort and money (as little or large as it was) you definitely have a following of fans and enthusiasts.

The "Hell Camino", "Caballero Cabron" or whatever you want to call it was fun and it will go down in the books.

See you at the events being a participant.

Peace

Comment

motion for the el camino to be put in the FD hall of fame in 5 years

great run while it lasted, guys. sad to see ya go

Comment

that is a shame, i like the fact muscle cars are trying something new, good luck to your ventures....your welcome to hang out with us in NM on the drift days i have set aside since your so close. see you at the daily drifter events.

later!

Comment

James, you are a class act and I hope that you'll get some backing to get out there again. Good luck to you and Derrick both!

Terry
          Team Cooper / Shogun Style '05

Comment

what year vette?

Comment

James im going to miss you guys at the event. You guys were always a blast to work with, and im glad i got the pleasure of driving with your team. Im sure thats not the last we'll see of the camino.

and for gods sake put some down longhorns on the front of it!!!

Comment

Thanks for the comments guys

what year vette?
                1985 i believe, getting ls1, etc

and for gods sake put some down longhorns on the front of it!!!
                Not sure it'd pass tech

Thanks, again guys
                James

Comment

85 vette eh? i would have gone late 70's... i would imagine the c3's were a helluva lot lighter than the c4's.

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierDrifter
                    85 vette eh? i would have gone late 70's... i would imagine the c3's were a helluva lot lighter than the c4's.

http://www.idavette.net/facts/85.htm
                    http://www.idavette.net/facts/78.htm

'85 curb weight: 3224 lb.
                    '78 curb weight: 3572 lb.

Comment

ill be damned

Comment

I'm gonna miss seein' the ElCo out there. Unlike the other domestics, this one was a grassroots effort going head to head with some of the best in the country. Even though it wasn't the fastest, it was still pretty d*mn cool. Glad to hear that it's gonna live on as a hot street car and not get sent to the junkyard.

Derrick: Good to see you back in the game. I've been wondering for some time how a C4 would work as a budget drifter, guess I'll find out soon. I know that the LS1 has a power advantage over the 350, but were there other reasons for the swap?

Comment

Originally posted by Tsunami
                          Derrick: Good to see you back in the game. I've been wondering for some time how a C4 would work as a budget drifter, guess I'll find out soon. I know that the LS1 has a power advantage over the 350, but were there other reasons for the swap?
                          Absolutely. The all-aluminum LS1 weighs far less than the iron-block, iron-head 350 that was originally in the car. The drivetrain swap alone will knock a solid 350lb. off the weight of the car.

Unfortunately I won't have it ready in time for Long Beach, but look for it's privateering appearance at rd. 2 at Road Atlanta.

Thanks for the support!

Comment

gonna leave it brown?

Comment

Sad to hear. I'll be watching for your upcoming projects (both you guys with the LS1 fever). Hope to see them out there soon! Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                              X