Bay Area folk....please read!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bay Area folk....please read!

Hello everyone, my name is Alex and like many others I have been upset about the recent events with drifting in nor-cal. Well, I have a solution for all us. Recently I wrote a letter to the editor in a local paper just to see if anyone would actually see it, and well someone did! Steve Hazelton of American Canyon owns Vallejo Speedway, and is a local racing promoter. He read my article and is very interested in getting some new venues for us. I met with him today just to discuss some things and possibilities. Now he wants to get in touch with Todd and Don, and everyone who runs NCDA, because he is new to drifting and will need some help on how some things are done. Now what we need most is to get people together who are SERIOUS about finding new venues for us. I know with the help of NCDA we can get this done. What he is thinking of is at least a monthly race for us to get together, compete, and so on. He knows places in Stockton, Roseville, Lakeport, etc. All local area for the bay, about the same type of drive to altamont. Depending on where you are coming from. Our goals are to make a local venue drifter friendly, to gain publicity from new and different type of people, and most of all spread the word about the new exciting sport of drifting. Hey guys we can finally show them we aren't just punk kids and we can do something!

Action: I need everyone who is interested to email me with their info.
    Please have
    -your name
    -what you drive
    -pics of your car might help too

Basically we need to get as many people together so the people who own the track/fairgrounds can see that they will be attracting big crowds, and more $$$ for them. Please everyone lets get together and make something happen. We can't rely on Altamont anymore because it's proven to be an unstable place to race. One minute we're in, and the next we're out. Hopefully we can make a movement and get the drift scene out in the bay a better reputation. Thanks to all, and thank you for reading.

Contacts: Alex Franceschi email: alex00723@aol.com
    Steve Hazelton " : vallejospeedway2@earthlink.net

Originally posted by RotoRee
    Vallejo Speedway
    Any pics of this place?

Comment

That's awesome that you got out there and tried to help the drifting community. I appreciate the fact that you actually put in the effort of writing a letter. We need more people like you.

Comment

Thats cool Im a So Cal guy myself but I hope this works out for you dudes up north.

However I can't help but be intregued by these random things I keep seeing about Altamont.

Whats the story? what happend up there?

Comment

Hey Alex! Thanks for doing this for the Norcal community man! I just finished the supsension for my E30 and getting ready for altamont and then heard the bad news.Freaking sucks.

If we are able to get a events closer to the Bay, we OWE you one.Big time!

I'm senting you an email regarding my info.

And I'll be trying to spread the word to some norcal forums.

Keep us updated.

-Frank

Originally posted by MonkeySlide

Whats the story? what happend up there?
          It's a BIG Long "WTF" kinda story....

Comment

Originally posted by FD3S_pilot
            It's a BIG Long "WTF" kinda story....
            I see..I'll look into it..not that Im some authority or anything Im just curious. Anyway good luck with everything else that you guys are working on..let me know if theres anyway I could be of help.

Comment

I will surely keep everyone informed when new things happen. It's best to check out ncda.net/forums cause that's where I'll post most of the info. For some reason my comp doesn't like me to post on this forum....sometimes it will let me and sometimes it won't.

Comment

this would be awsome if it works out, I wouldn't have to drive very far (car isnt so reliable) and I probabally could get alot of practice time wOOt

but!

1.) didnt Vallejo Speedway close?
                2.) wasn't it dirt?

Comment

Originally posted by AaronConklin
                  this would be awsome if it works out, I wouldn't have to drive very far (car isnt so reliable) and I probabally could get alot of practice time wOOt

but!

1.) didnt Vallejo Speedway close?
                  2.) wasn't it dirt?

It won't be happening at Vallejo speedway, but he knows a lot of other venues. Right now I'm jus waiting for some news.

Comment

What's up Alex? Glad to see that this thread got posted on this forum too.

Now if I could only get the FC owners on this board to pay attention to the 5one5 Innovations thread in the parts for sale forum I would be happy.

Zach

Comment

sorry, I have ADD...so what is this FC thing your talking about >_<

Comment

Here you go Aaron this will give you an idea of what 5one5 innovations does http://www.rx7club.com/showthread.ph...85#post5766085
                        You should check out the forums there cause there is lost of info too be had. Also if you don't know Rotorfest is June 24th at Treasure Island, on a sat. I'm for sure going and I know Zach is cause he helps put these things together. If your interested let me know you can cruise up there with me and some friends.

Yea thanks for the support Zach...I figure if I spread the news around I'll attract more drivers and it worked!! Now we just need to find a place to race!

Comment

Aaron,

5one5 Innovations is a company that makes parts for the FC. We currently offer 2 different styles of gauge pods, a very lightweight fiberglass sunroof panel, and we are now starting production on our fiberglass vented hood. I have a thread in the for sale section on this forum about the hood. And you can also find plenty of info on rx7club.com about 5one5. If you have any questions you can always email me at Zach@5one5innovations.com

Alex, any word on how this is all shaping up? Will we have some good local drift days this summer?

Zach

Comment

www.driftbattle.org

If our first event goes well, I will host one a month at Altamont.

Comment

Originally posted by RotoRee
                              It won't be happening at Vallejo speedway, but he knows a lot of other venues. Right now I'm jus waiting for some news.
                              how about in Sonoma Infineon raceway,it used to be sears point.

Formula D held events there before,and again next month, and i think driftdays did some there too.

Comment

Working...
                              X