FC owners, read this!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FC owners, read this!!

I am gauging interest for front camber and caster plates as well as rear camber plates. These would all be billet aluminum and would come powder coated. I do not have a price yet, but 5one5 Innovations is the shop that will be making them. I really want to hear people's inputs on these two products. So tell me what you think and if you would be interested in owning these parts. Thanks in advance for your input.

Zach
    Front camber and caster plates
    6.67%
    Rear camber plates
    0.00%
    Both
    93.33%

What, there are no FC owners who are looking for a part like this?

The front plates will be ready for sale in another 2 weeks. Here are the specs on them:
    The plates themselves are laser cut chromoly and powder coated black
    All hardware is CNC lathed stainless steel
    You will have +/- 5 degrees of camber and +/- 3 degrees of caster
    The bushing will be a Delrin type material and we plan on offering a total of 3 stiffness options so you can set up the feel just how you want it.

If anyone is interested feel free to PM me, post in this thread, or email me at boostedrex@gmail.com

Zach
    5one5 Innovations Sales/customer service

Comment

what kind of prices are we looking at

Comment

We are looking at $200-$250 shipped for the front set of plates. They should go on sale at the end of next week. Is that in the price range you were hoping for?

Zach

Comment

thats too much, tein sells theirs for about $180. a set. you drop them down to 150 and im game, otherwise i will just buy the tein.

Comment

diff

Tien doesnt have caster adjustment
            tien has pillow ball mounts these have stiff but forgiving mounts
            Their are many differances between them such as laser cut comoly (powder coated black) and cnc'd stainless steel vs aluminum (anodised) and ...

long and short id use these one my car (not that I wouldnt use tien pillow ball mounts) I like these better.

Comment

Originally posted by TokyoDrifterxo7
              thats too much, tein sells theirs for about $180. a set. you drop them down to 150 and im game, otherwise i will just buy the tein.
              QFT.
              at most 150

Comment

I won't drop the prices that low. If you want the Tein's for that price then I do hope you enjoy them.

The reason I won't drop the price is because the 5one5 plate is superior to the Tein plate. Now I'm not badmouthing Tein because they have been around for forever and they are a GREAT company. But here are the reasons that I'm saying our plates are superior. First, it's made of chromoly and not aluminium. Second, our plate is powder coated so it won't wear off like an anodized piece. Third, we are offering camber and caster adjustments. The Tein plates only offer camber adjustment. Fourth, we aren't using a pillow ball mount. We are using a delrin bushing. These bushings will be available in 3 different stiffnesses so you don't have to settle for the harsh ride that a pillowball upper mount gives you. Now if these reasons aren't enough to convince you then I don't know what else to say. Either way, I hope that you like the product you end up buying. Best of luck to you both.

Zach

Comment

i'd like to see an end product before i decide. AT MOST, id pay $200. for a set. your just testing the market with this product and you dont kno how they are gonna perform, so id do the R&D before saying this will be better then the tein pillow ball. You never kno until you have a finished product and test it. i wouldnt mind buying a no name product, but i would like for it to perform well. is there an ETA on this?

Comment

Yes, I have an ETA. The second set will be installed on my FC by the end of the weekend. The first set has been on a track use only race car for about a month now. That's why I was so aggressive about my claims of this product being better. The only thing about this part is that the price isn't firm. But the $200-$250 range is looking to be the right window. I'm working to keep it right at that $200 mark though. I understand just as much as anyone about wanting to get the most for your money. The last thing I want to do is over price anything. If I can make a good product for a fair price, then I'll be happy. Hardly anyone makes parts for the FC anymore and that's something that 5one5 Innovations is striving to fix.

Zach

Comment

yeah because most of us FC owners are cheapos >_<

must be all that money we spend on rebuilding engines

Comment

how bout make a true cold air intake, and some effective cooling panels.

Comment

We haven't thought about the cold air intake since there are so many out there. But as for cooling panels, there are several different things like that coming around.

1. A carbon fiber radiator cover panel
                          2. A lightweight fiberglass reverse vented hood
                          3. A V-mount setup (will include IC, rad, and all panels/splitter duct)

The V-mount won't be available for a while. I already have it almost finished, but I am going to THOUROUGHLY test it prior to selling it. I want to make sure that it works every bit as good as the ones from HKS. But when it does go up for sale, it will be less than half of what HKS is charging for theirs. Just thought I'd share the info on what's coming from 5one5 Innovations in the coming months. Hopefully you like what you hear and will keep in touch if you are interested.

And not counting cooling panels, we already offer two styles of gauge pods designed specifically for the FC3S. One is a triple pod that replaces the idiot light cluster. The other is a single pod that replaces the driver's door vent. And a lightweight fiberglass sunroof panel will be out shortly after the 1st of May. This sunroof panel uses the stock weather stripping and the stock headliner even clips right on.

Zach

Comment

i havent been able to find a true cold air intake for the NA fc. If you were to make one that works with a headlight scoop then i would definately be interested. The V-mount sounds nice but i have a NA. How about a cooling panel that splits air from the oil cooler and to the radiator, kinda like what buddy club has on their DC5, but i dont think they have a oil cooler. Id like to see the hood and radiator cover panel. Also these gauge pods you talk about, do you have any pics of them, what size gauges fit in them? Does the fiberglass sunroof flex under speed? i kno that has been a big problem with the after market sunroof raplacement. yup, i have hundreds of good ideas, if your interested just tell me. Maybe we can work something out.

Comment

I like the fact that they are making these parts but, I dont trust the company. You know? What I mean is that I've never heard of the company before. If I hear good reviews about them, then maybe I would concider them.Good revies brings trust into the situation. I dont want to have the parts break on me ya , know? I'm not hating or bashing or whatever. I'm just giving information on how I feel about the product. Also, doesn't Cusco make the same stuff for about $150? Or are those just the camber plates...must be

Comment

Working...
                              X