ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New RMR/RED BULL Drift Car @ Club V20 this Thursday Night (Long Beach)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New RMR/RED BULL Drift Car @ Club V20 this Thursday Night (Long Beach)

The Unveiling

Coming off its championship performance in the 2005 Formula D drift series, Pontiac and Rhys Millen Racing are rolling out its next-generation drift car for the 2006 season, and you are invited to the party. Visit with some of the top Formula Drift Drivers and Teams while checking out the next generation of Pontiac Drifting. Don't miss this exclusive first-look at RMR's new take on a new American icon.

http://v2olongbeach.com

while RMR won't confirm anything about the car, the Formula D program guide mentions a solstice (and it has been long suspected that it would in fact be a solstice)

I'll be at the unveiling

Comment

ooh very posh location

Comment

V20 is huge!

I wish I can be there.

-Al

Comment

Jesus, I would've liked to have gotten past that damn flash anim to some kind of info on that site.

Solstice? BARF!

Comment

Originally posted by GaijinSmash
            Jesus, I would've liked to have gotten past that damn flash anim to some kind of info on that site.
            It doesn't work in Fire Fox (for some reason) Maybe thats the problem?

Comment

Originally posted by GaijinSmash

Solstice? BARF!
              From my understanding, the GTO is no longer being produced after this year, and as a corporate team, they need to be pushing the latest and greatest.

Comment

Solstice will be bad a#@, I prefer the sky though.

Comment

Originally posted by TeamRMR
                  It doesn't work in Fire Fox (for some reason) Maybe thats the problem?
                  LOL, I've racked up enough adware on IE to even consider touching that ever again. Beautiful venue from I could see though. Good luck with the car.

Originally posted by Slapshotnerd
                  From my understanding, the GTO is no longer being produced after this year, and as a corporate team, they need to be pushing the latest and greatest.
                  No way, well that's reasonable though.

Originally posted by brainfood
                  Solstice will be bad a#@, I prefer the sky though.
                  Ditto on that one.

Comment

I think nomatter what they put Rhys in he's gonna be a top contender. I myself wouldnt mind seeing Solstice / S2K battle, I think it would be crip.

Comment

hmmm I wonder how rhys will adapt to this car. I heard cars with a smaller wheel base are harder to drift.

Comment

smaller wheelbase = quicker transitions

Comment

Hell yeah this way when I buy my solstice GXP next year there will be parts for availible through RMR badass

Comment

Originally posted by Slapshotnerd
                            Correct. The Australian platform upon which it rides is being phased out. It's a safe bet that it's replacement in North America is the new Camaro. Whatever happens to the RMR GTO, I hope it will at least be around in some form or another, and not sent to the crusher like so many other coporate one-offs.

As for the new Solstice, looking forward to it, especially whether or not it will carry a boosted Ecotec or the LS2/LS7. But I am gonna miss seeing that big piece of American Iron slide around out there.
                            Originally posted by Piner
                            Hell yeah this way when I buy my solstice GXP next year there will be parts for availible through RMR badass
                            Let's hope so
                            Last edited by Tsunami; 04-27-2006, 02:40 PM.

Comment

The RMR Solstice 411

Pontiac Solstice GXP Production & Drift Specifications

Models: Pontiac Solstice GXP ---- Pontiac Solstice GXP Drift
                              Body style: two-passenger, two-door roadster convertible ---- two-passenger, two-door roadster hard-top
                              Driveline: front-engine, rear-wheel drive performance model ---- front-engine, rear-wheel drive competition model
                              Construction: welded galvanized steel enclosed central tunnel and hydroformed tube ---- welded galvanized steel enclosed central tunnel and hydroformed tube with SCCA roll cage
                              Exterior: specific Solstice GXP front and rear fascias with dual-outlet exhaust ---- specific Solstice GXP front and rear fascias with dual-outlet exhaust. Carbon fiber hood, decklid, and top
                              Interior features: driver/passenger GXP logo seats with red-accent stitching ---- Sparco driver racing seat; passenger seat delete

Transmission
                              Type: five-speed manual (MM5) ---- six-speed Tremec (Chevy SSR)
                              Gear ratios: (:1):
                              First: 3.75 ---- 3.01
                              Second: 2.26 ---- 2.07
                              Third: 1.51 ---- 1.43
                              Fourth: 1 ---- 1
                              Fifth: 0.73 ---- 0.71
                              Sixth: N/A ---- 0.56
                              Reverse: 3.67
                              Final drive ratio: 3.73:1 LSD ---- 3.73:1 LSD
                              Clutch: single disc ---- Exedy twin disc and custom flywheel

Suspension
                              Front: independent short/long arm, with 33.3 mm stabilizer bar independent short/long arm with four-way adjustable shocks and coil-overs
                              Rear: independent short/long arm, with 25.4 mm stabilizer bar independent short/long arm with four-way adjustable shocks and coil-overs

Brakes
                              Type: four-wheel disc; ABS with dynamic rear proportioning and ESC ---- four-wheel disc, with adjustable brake bias front-to-rear

Front Rotors: 296mm x 25mm vented discs ---- Rotora two-piece 298mm x 21mm directional slotted discs
                              Rear Rotors: 278mm x 13mm solid discs ---- Rotora two-piece 298mm x 21mm directional slotted discs
                              Front Calipers: single piston calipers ---- Rotora forged micro six-piston calipers with Rotora H6 NAO ceramic pads
                              Rear Calipers: single piston calipers ---- Rotora two-piston calipers with Rotora H6 NAO ceramic pads

Wheels/Tires
                              Wheel size and type: 18 inch x 8 inch polished aluminum ---- Racing Hart 18 inch x 9 inch front, 18 inch x 9.5 inch rear aluminum
                              Tires: P245/45R18- Goodyear Eagle F1 GS2 96W all-season tires ---- Bridgestone Potenza RE-01R, P265/35R18-93W rear, P225/40R18-88W front

Engine
                              Assembly site: Spring Hill, Tenn. ---- GM Racing, Wixom, Mich.
                              Type: ECOtec 2.0-liter DOHC turbocharged I-4 ---- ECOtec 2.0-liter DOHC turbocharged I-4
                              Bore x stroke: 86mm x 86mm ---- 86mm x 88.5mm
                              Block material: 319 aluminum ---- 319 aluminum with thick-wall iron cylinder liners
                              Cylinder head material: 356 T6 aluminum ---- 356 T6 aluminum with race CNC porting
                              Intake manifold: cast aluminum ---- custom fabricated barrel valve
                              Exhaust manifolds: cast stainless steel ---- tubular stainless steel
                              Compression ratio: 9.2:1 ---- 9.7:1
                              Valve train: dual overhead cam; four valves per cylinder ---- dual overhead cam with performance grind; four race valves per cylinder
                              Valve lifters: hydraulic lash adjuster, roller finger follower ---- mechanical lash adjuster, roller finger follower
                              Firing order: 1-3-4-2 ---- 1-3-4-2
                              Fuel system: Gasoline high-pressure, variable-rail pressure, spark ignition direct injection ---- MSD coil near plug ignition, FAST engine control system with custom fuel map
                              Horsepower: 260hp @ 5300 rpm ---- 550 HP @ 7800 rpm est.
                              Torque: 260 lb-ft. @ 2000 – 5300 rpm ---- 450 lb-ft @ 6800 rpm est.
                              Fuel shut off: 6300 rpm ---- 8800 rpm
                              Crankshaft: forged steel ---- billet steel
                              Connecting rods: forged steel ---- billet steel
                              Induction: air-to-air intercooled dual-scroll turbocharger system ---- water-to-air intercooled precision ball-bearing turbo with waste gate
                              Fuel: Premium recommended (not required) ---- E85
                              Fuel tank: 13.6 gal. ---- 8 gal. fuel cell
                              Engine oil: Mobile 1 synthetic, 5 qt. ---- Mobile 1 synthetic, 8 qt.

Comment

Working...
                              X