4AG into SR5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4AG into SR5

My friend just recently got a Sr5 coupe. He is thinking about swapping in a 4ag and wants to know wat is needed and how easy the swap is. any other comments just post up

Thank qu

youre better off just finding a gts. you'll need to get the engine harness, under the hood harness, dash harness, ecu, floor harness, gts gas tank (or rig something else up, maybe a fuel cell). all those relays and switches that are under there too.

go ahead and ask at www.club4ag.com if you dont believe me.

have fun

Comment

sounds like a waste of time... lol

Comment

Yep - with very few exceptions, motor swaps are often a waste of time and resources. B-series and SR swaps are done so often because they are generally NOT a waste (depending on your attitude toward the KA24). Unless he needs the power for some reason or is wanting to go BIG (like 1JZ big), the same money he would spend on a motor swap he could spend on suspension or forced induction or nice webber carbs or something.

You've been around the board and I know you've probably heard all this stuff before, but that doesn't mean that it's any less applicable or true...

The Corolla is all about setup anyway

-MR

Comment

yeah but the sr5 really didnt come with much. and to get lsd you cant put it into the sr5 pumpkin, you'll have to pick up a whole rear end from a junk yard and swap everything over. and then on top of that you still might not have lsd in that gts pumpkin. then you'll have to go and get one.

gt-s hachi's didnt all have lsd. it was an option from the factory.

Comment

thanks for the replies. So is there any hope for the Sr5. I always thought they were like the same as the GT-s except for the engine... silly me

Comment

Sure man, there is alot of hope. Don't swap the engine into it. Buy yourself a set of the weber 44's and a manifold, go find an lsd rear end. THey have an orange tab on them, pretty easy to spot. Put the carbs on it, get some suspension in it put that lsd in and go for it. Matter of fact, slide it lke it is. Open diff is better to start with than nothing. You can also get a phantom disc and put that in there. Not as good as LSD but better than open. HTe SR5 wll do you just fine. Plus, I don't know where you live, but GTS shells are all over the junkyards around here. Go outside the big city to the small country towns and look around there. You'll find one with an LSD and maybe everything you need to do that swapover. My brother is doing 3 corollas right now. 2 gts's and one SR5 swap over. He found his shell with everything, motor included for 200 bucks. Put it on a skid truck, brought it to the shop and had it broken down in 2 days.

Start small and stock. Get good at that and then advance. Then start putting money into something. Heck, he may not like drifting after he sticks the front end into a curb or ditch. You never know. I always suggest that someone wanting to get into something that has a high auto casualty rate like Drifting to get something that can be fixed for cheap and parts are plentiful. 240sx to be exact. But an SR5 will do as the junkyards are well stocked.

Comment

look on www.club4ag.com for reall good information regarding 4ag into SR5.

Comment

Working...
                X