AE86 cut springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AE86 cut springs

Would anyone recommend me cutting my stock springs to lower my SR5 86? I'm not no rich foo who can afford JDM Bling full coil sets such as Teins or Kei offices. Has anyone done it to theirs if so I'd like to hear from you.

you can but it might make for a bumpy ride

Max

Comment

Thats what the driftking did when he had his 86. But yeah, its a pretty crapy ride. Just pick up some used springs.

Comment

Why not just cut them for now and pick up some different springs later? Just save in the mean time don't cut them too much. AE86 on cut springs is bad, but not as bad as other cars

Comment

Originally posted by cfrost
          Why not just cut them for now and pick up some different springs later? Just save in the mean time don't cut them too much. AE86 on cut springs is bad, but not as bad as other cars
          Yeah, thats what I'm going to do.

Comment

How many inches would you guys recommend cutting? For front and rear? LMK.

Comment

the first year i had my AE86 i cut my springs 6".
              the car was really low.

Now i Use BMW e30 325 -90 rear springs 8they fit to 99%)

& Ford Sierra Dohc -91 front springs
              Attached Files

Comment

Youlls get a different ride but not much if done right- for the look its not that bad- do this for now until you can afford some actual lowering springs.

What you probably want to do is cut the spring 1/4th a coil at a time, do this about 4-6 times and ull do alright.

Comment

Originally posted by SidewaysGts
                  What you probably want to do is cut the spring 1/4th a coil at a time, do this about 4-6 times and ull do alright.
                  i agree.. thats what im going to do to my truck as well...
                  but yeah what ever you do do NOT lower your car by heating the springs with them installed...
                  hell, dont heat them up at all...

Comment

Working...
                  X