LSD or no LSD??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pez2k
    Apparently all Canadian 240SX models came with an LSD stock because of the generally icier conditions, but I don't know how true this is. USDM S13s only had the LSD offered as an option if you had elected to purchase the sports handling kit, which was basically HICAS and a few other goodies.

I know that's true to a certain extent. I remember reading somewhere that it came standard on all Chuki S13s but it was only an option for the Zenkis. I'm not 100% on this however. At least I know my Chuki came with one

B-Wurm

Comment

Originally posted by illegalgarage
      from nissan usa's website

LIMITED-SLIP DIFFERENTIAL
      MSRP:$895.87
      SPECS: 4 pinion, 70 ld-ft breakaway torque, not for street use. These products do not carry any type of warranty.

APPLICATION: 1989-1998 240SX with out OE LSD

Specifications and pricing subject to change without notice. Some accessories may require dealer installation, which is not included in the MSRP. Dealer sets actual price.
      Available only at your Nissan Dealer.

http://www.nissanusa.com/content/0,,...CMP=KNC-Google

So if you buy a NISMO LSD for 900 bucks and it has no warranty what the diffrence if you buy a no name brand (for less) with no warranty?
      hahahahaha

Max

That's why you buy a KAAZ LSD for the same price with free shipping and a free can of gear oil. All KAAZ LSDs come with a warranty. Plus with KAAZ there is nothing else to buy in order to install. They come with all the needed gaskets and even the axel seals.

Comment

Originally posted by DriftFactory
        That's why you buy a KAAZ LSD for the same price with free shipping and a free can of gear oil. All KAAZ LSDs come with a warranty. Plus with KAAZ there is nothing else to buy in order to install. They come with all the needed gaskets and even the axel seals.
        I don't want to discredit anything you are saying at all, just add some opinion. Nismo GT LSD kit from Courtesy Nissan is $720, my roommate bought it. I bought my Nismo SSS kit (yeah KIT means it comes with output shafts (if applicable) all seals, gaskets, and LSD oil) for $900 about 2.5 years ago. Nismo diffs are the best ever, imho. I have drove cars with everything from Kaaz to ATS to Cusco. They are all basically the same. They all rule, i mean LSD is LSD. But NIsmo diff quality, performance, durability, track and street performance, features, etc... AMAZING. Adjustable Breakaway torque settings (in the SSS and GT PRO) changeability from 1.5 to 2-way casings...

And durability... known to be the most durable diffs produced. I don't lie, ask Koguchi if you don't believe me.

Anyways, thats all moot point for most people, and i don't think one diff is noticeably better than another to most people. I dunno, I've been drifting for bout 3 years and I like Nismo. Koguchi has been drifting for like 14 and he agrees. I'm sure he could give better reasons, backed by 14 years of using them.... if he could speak english.

That being said, I support Kaaz and reccomend them, just don't be hating on Nismo since you know that they own all!

Comment

I dunno it does not say anything about warranty's or anything like that on KAAZ's website
          Cusco 's website dont have any info either
          OS Giken don't have any warrenty info on thier site either

I am not trying to talk trash but i just thought lsd's were "racing" parts
          everyone know that in racing there is no warranty's
          If KAAZ has a warranty thats cool
          That great news as a consumer, but i have never seen proof of that

Most guys (i know i would) rather save a couple hundered bucks and buy some used parts with no warrenty over something brand new

Anywho the LSD's i have are the same as TRD, NISMO, and MAZDASPEED
          strait out of japan
          I have bought a TRD, NISMO, and MAZDASPEED LSD at full price with my own money just to confirm that they were indeed the same

Lucky me i have family in japan that knows some people, that knows some people
          thats how i can offer other guys like me (students, broke working stiffs) some great parts at prices no one else can touch
          its all about the driving and having fun

Max

Comment

Originally posted by illegalgarage
            I dunno it does not say anything about warranty's or anything like that on KAAZ's website
            Cusco 's website dont have any info either
            OS Giken don't have any warrenty info on thier site either

I am not trying to talk trash but i just thought lsd's were "racing" parts
            everyone know that in racing there is no warranty's
            If KAAZ has a warranty thats cool
            That great news as a consumer, but i have never seen proof of that

Most guys (i know i would) rather save a couple hundered bucks and buy some used parts with no warrenty over something brand new

Anywho the LSD's i have are the same as TRD, NISMO, and MAZDASPEED
            strait out of japan
            I have bought a TRD, NISMO, and MAZDASPEED LSD at full price with my own money just to confirm that they were indeed the same

Lucky me i have family in japan that knows some people, that knows some people
            thats how i can offer other guys like me (students, broke working stiffs) some great parts at prices no one else can touch
            its all about the driving and having fun

Max
            You are right in that since it is a racing part there in not a warranty against damage from use (same as with brake pads) but they do warranty the LSD against manufacturers defect. If there is a defect in the LSD they will back up their unit.

Comment

I've drifted on the Nismo, the Cusco, and I have the KAAZ in my car, and I can't find fault with any of them except that my KAAZ seems to crunch more in daily-driving. I rather like that, actually. I have no regrets about buying the KAAZ and would do it again if I had a use for another diff.

Comment

Manufacture defect hmmm
                Thats a slippery slope of words there
                That means you have to catch a defect before you install it
                Because it dont matter if you use it for a mile or a million miles
                after you use it the defect would become a defect due to use yes?
                or in other words there is no way to destinguish between the two
                which to me still = no warrenty

Anyways the likely hood of getting anything defective from a Japanese manufacturer is probably less then 2%
                but if you are part of that 2% it must suck
                hahahahaha

Max

Comment

Working...
                X