No announcement yet.

SC or Turbo ('s) kinda long.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

engines that did not use superchargers origionally are put under alot of stress when they do, and the engines sometimes feel sluggish when supercharged, theres very little you can do.

see, since the sc is powered off your crank, or accesory, or even alternator, thats putting a significant resistance on your engine, sometimes to the equivilent of running 3 or 4 ac units,

i dunno, tryed the sc path on a old 3.0 v6, didnt really liked how it turned out, I mean it was torqey and was much faster, just not as precise

and precision is important while drifting.

single small turbo setup would have little lag, as long as your rpm's stay up you would never notice, and the engine would still be perky.

but nothing beats itb/na setup *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*

Comment

i like goin with turbos if you have the right set up they work efficiently

Comment

My advice would be to listen to crazy Hawaiian, as he is on point here. I would also like to reiterate that you can induce drift with a smaller sized or less sticky tire. Differences in tire compound for the rears is something to look into. Hard compound tires spin and sticky tires grip, you need to be some where in between. You want to have enough control to throw the rear-end out and bring it back in safely.

Also the kind of tires you're going to use on the car will be a variable in the equation of how well you are able to control and induce drift. Sticky tires up front and hard, wide tires in the back wont necessarily be the best set up for you. You need a contact patch that will enable your car to easily throw the back end out and bring it back in at your convienience.

You're looking at custom fabrication and fitment for everything.
        There is really no sense in boosting a 1UZ when you can swap in an allready tried and proven turbo motor that will give you gobs of more power for cheaper. You could get a 1JZ-GTE, 1.5JZ-GTE or even a 2JZ-GTE, mod it and swap it in your self for reasonable price compared to upgrade costs for the v8. Your objective here is not to make gobs of power with two tiny a__ turbos or a HUGE turbo and crazy a/r #'s. You need a correctly-sized turbo with a compressor map for YOUR specific application, DRIFTING.. Ya gota have as much of a usable power band as possible. A 2JZ-GTE on a T-60 would spool very fast and deliver that instant power you need to get and stay sideways. There are a host of turbo applications for those motors I suggest you look into them.

Comment

no vote...

I didn't vote because I don't see a reason in you modding that motor unless you build it up as an high-power, high-compression N/A drift motor and even that would be questionable and unreasonably expensive.

Get one of the Supra motors, a well configured turbo set up and be happy.. Hell a 2JZ on reworked stock twins w/ BPUs will put down a lot of power. I vote for a Supra drive line..

Comment

Drift Girl send me a PM and Ill get you all the info you need for your setup. That car in Japan came stock with sequential turbos and a 5 spd. There all over and you can use the supra set up as well. Dont just bolt something on to the engine you have without first examining what other benifits and draws this could have to your set up. mainly compression, dont double up a metal head gasket and think this will work. Rod and piston stress the turbo engines have diferent rods and pistons with specific compretion ratios. What about the ECU you will need more fuel and timing to run the boost you want the one you have know will not work it will need to be remaped and maybe because it is for the US market my have to be tossed. I have a 2JZ from a Aristo 16 with all the stuff you need 280 hp bone stock throw on a Fcon or the apex (which is better because its in english) and you got 320 to 400 HP on the factory parts other that an exaust and a intake. What do you think has really been done on the Vertex car that makes it so fast. The answer is right in front of you. Good Luck

Comment

Working...
            X