drift with a RX7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drift with a RX7

around how much hp is good 2 have 2 drift with a RX7? Cuz i have a friend and he has 1 but it has 800hp to the wheels is that 2much ??

i think about 5,000 hp will be fine..... but lolz forealz if i had the money i would put around say 500 hp? but i aint some crazy rich driver doing corners at 100 mph....but hey thats just me

Comment

I say 800 hp is a wee bit too much.

Hows his suspension tuned?

Comment

No need to tell him to shut up or call him a boner. What needs to be done is to educate him.

Threads like this with . as the intro are usually not well received. While your question is valid in a way, the way it was delivered was not.

The amount of hp you will need is different for every person. I suggest you start out with very low power. Too much power is not a good thing. it all depends on your past driving experience. Also 800 HP in an RX7 is one of the highest I have ever seen. You sure he's got that much? Prolly a lot lower. Would be hardly drivable on the street.

Comment

well on each rail bars there are 2 bars on the from and back and on top and under so he has bout 8 rail bars on the car and suspension is very good

Comment

yea im sure because we tested that car on a dyno it does bout 801.57hp around there

Comment

Originally posted by ,,..dRIFTer C
              sup guys hey i wanted to know of a RX7 with 800hp 2 the wheel is 2 much hp 2 drift with ??
              Hey next time use a real subject line... and spell two, or too, or to, the right way, with LETTERS.

Rx-7s are good cars for drifting. The amount of power you consider too much depends on the driver. I dont know if its too much, but i know its not nessisary.

PS i love your signiture... *sarcasm*

Comment

Well then your friends car is way too powerful to be starting out on. Get that boost down and then start out at low power. If not, he is not going to have an easy time of it learning and when he moves to a less powerful car, he will have to re-learn the basics. I suggest him getting another car. Odds are if he has that kind of power then he has the looks to go with. how bout posting a pic. I would get an FC or 240 and start out that way. With basic suspension mods. Anyone here will tell you, it's the best way to learn.

Comment

Re: .

Originally posted by ,,..dRIFTer C
                  around how much hp is good 2 have 2 drift with a RX7? Cuz i have a friend and he has 1 but it has 800hp to the wheels is that 2much ??
                  I have a very under-powered FC (88 N/A) and I can clear a short "hair pin" in low speed. My .02cents on this is that, its an over kill to put 800hp to the ground and drift it. Even in low HP and low speed, I get an oversteer with the basic suspension setup. SO my point is, BE CAREFULL drifting an 800hp FC. you might be kissing the wall with that much HP to the ground.

Comment

I would love 800 hp but I could never use it in a drift car. Imamura, and Asamoto have around 500 to the ground. For there skill level and there car set ups this seems to be the magic number for a FD. Fcs require a bit less. In realistic tearms my FD put out 320 with boost only mods and I run 19" tires. Not enough power for a solid clean drift. My car would be better with around 400hp. I personaly think it would be a waist to detune such a nice car for drifting. Maybe look at another car for this. That car might be worth the price of two. A drift car and a daily driver. My 0.00000002 worth

Comment

I wouldn't detune the car if its already at 800hp but I think the best numbers for drifting are from 350- 400 for a daily driver/ circuit car

Comment

800hp is way to much for drifting. Start with a lower hp and drift then work your way up.

Comment

as ost of them said i would buy a fc or 240sx i wouldnt wanna crash a 800hp fd

Comment

Theres a place in Cali that sells 850hp REW motors. 14500....

They have a ton of kits that put the fc and fd over 1000 hp.

They got a fd to run LOW 8's, no fiberglass, with their motor. Sounds like fun, for a straight line.

Comment

imamura's fd only has like 400hp...800hp...alot, even for a street car. I'm guessin it isn't a daily driver...

Comment

Working...
                              X