ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is 2 Tires Off/Wall Contact really worth ZERO points?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is 2 Tires Off/Wall Contact really worth ZERO points?

Well the question is pretty self explanatory. And before you go and bash me hear me out on this. I noticed during qualifying alot of drivers were receiving zeros on their runs for going 2 wheels off course and tapping the wall but other then that their runs were alright. And then the JTP vs J-Lowe battle.....you guys get where I'm going with this. But why?

A) Qualifying Scoring
    In qualifying, each judge will be assigned to Line, Angle, or Style. Each judge will have a possible 30
    points to award in .25 point increments. The judges combined scores plus a possible 10 speed points that
    will be determined by measuring speed at two points on track, with each speed zone being worth 5 points
    If each criteria is only worth 30 points why is going off course or a mild wall contact zeroing out all 3 criteria. Especially if it is only 2 wheels? Shouldn't only the criteria that was violated be zeroed out? Rules are rules and I agree that zeroing out a score for 4 wheels off or a total spin since its a full obstruction of a run but killing ones score for a mild mistake seems a bit unfair and it doesn't add up on paper.

What do you guys think?

I'm ok with a zero. If there was a wall instead of a yellow line, JTP would have cra..(compressed his rear tube chassis and kept drifting like nothing happened)..shed.
    Last edited by my 1 88 u; 07-22-2012, 07:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by my 1 88 u View Post
      I'm ok with a zero. If there was a wall instead of a yellow line, JTP would have cra..(comressed his rear tube chassis and kept drifting like nothing happened)..shed.
      I agree with 'my 1 88 u'. I felt the Judging has been pretty good. Some a little concerning, but not enough for me to disagree with.

J.Lowe knocked out JTP! Easily the biggest upset of the season!

Excellent job of Formula Drift executing this challenge to the Judges between Angelo and Yoshioka. All three parties involved handled themselves professionally and Ryan filling in in such short notice handled himself well. Great job in taking control of a situation and not letting it get blown out of proportion.

Comment

what exactly happened with Angelo v Yoshioka?

Comment

what exactly happened with Angelo v Yoshioka?
          Angelo’s team protested the first run between them. The argument from Tony's team was that Yoshioka was pacing to the cone that 30 ft from the start line. Ryan Sage stated that it is not a pace cone, but a restart cone. Meaning if you feel you are juked from the start line, you have the right to stop before the cone, thus forcing a restart. Yoshioka’s team admitted they thought it was a pace cone, and agreed to rerun the first part of the battle. Yoshioka blew away Angelo. Yoshioka gets the win anyways. They had a possibly big problem, and got everyone to communicate and agree in the best resolution that will satisfy all parties involved. Nice use of the rules in Angelo’s favor, but in the end the better driver won this battle.

Comment

If you guys feel that 2 wheels off = 0 why even have a 4 point judging criteria then? Why not just average up all the scores since the individual criteria is not all that subjective?

Comment

I have no problem with them calling a spin or off-course a zero. When they paved the runoff at Ebisu they said 3 tires past the line is a zero.

Comment

Originally posted by Bebop View Post
                If you guys feel that 2 wheels off = 0 why even have a 4 point judging criteria then? Why not just average up all the scores since the individual criteria is not all that subjective?
                I think of it as two wheels off in the dirt, or 1/3 of your car inside a wall. Its really point of no return. I've learned to take each round as its own in how the rules are applied. Looking at it this way, I feel this is an improvement from past judging.

Comment

Kado crashes and messes up Aasbo's line but get the win?

Comment

Seemes like you guys are really missing the question but hey its cool

competitors scrape the wall at ebisu all day long but its never considered a zero...

The question I'm trying to convey here is what shouldnt it just be a substantial point deduction... zero points is a knockut punch in qual and tandem.... 2 wheels off equals knock out punch? We've all seen people bash into walls and recover, we have also seen people go 2 wheels into gravel, grass, and still recover nicely as well.

Again 2 wheels off = knock out punch even though line is only 30% of the score.
                    Last edited by Bebop; 07-21-2012, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Some Conrad F*ckery but Daigo gave the victory to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Bebop View Post
                        Seemes like you guys are really missing the question but hey its cool

competitors scrape the wall at ebisu all day long but its never considered a zero...

The question I'm trying to convey here is what shouldnt it just be a substantial point deduction... zero points is a knockut punch in qual and tandem.... 2 wheels off equals knock out punch? We've all seen people bash into walls and recover, we have also seen people go 2 wheels into gravel, grass, and still recover nicely as well.

Again 2 wheels off = knock out punch even though line is only 30% of the score.
                        Sorry for the miscommunication. bouncing back n forth between 4 different sights while watching the event.

I agree with you that yes it would make more sense to give a deduction for going off line and not a knockout for 12 inches over the line, BUT this is Formula Drift so...maybe year 10 will be the magic number for continuity with rules in every round, and not be so cut-throat. Great event overall.

Comment

I think if the lead car hits the wall and or straightens out upsetting the chase cars line or momentum it should be a 0 for the lead car. JR should have gotten a zero against Miro and Kado a 0 against Aasbo.

I also think the turn around rule is bs and Conrad should have been penalized for abusing it and Ryan Tuerck was badass and should have been given the victory.
                          Last edited by my 1 88 u; 07-21-2012, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Some Conrad F*ckery but Daigo gave the victory to him.
                            maybe, or maybe Daigo spun unintentionally. Hey, even monkeys fall off trees sometimes.

I would never say Daigo would gave him or anyone a win. He already gave him 2 restarts, and you could see that was testing his patience.

Bottom line, it is what it is, but I have a feeling this is not over and they will battle again this year.

Comment

I think it's awesome how Conrad was being P U S S Y with the start twice with Daigo then goes and spins on his next battle!!!! Karma is a B I T C H burger boy!!

Comment

Working...
                              X