This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LAPD
    do you think that the formula D is doing anything different than Sunpros.

The only differance is that Sunpros can do it with out all the extra HYPE.

Hell we come here everyday and post and at the top of every forum is something new for sale.

Same thing just a different media.

Why does Nissan Guy have a ad for space available in his sig.

Same thing
    i personly thought nissan's sig was a joke, please say it was nissanguy, i used to look up to you!

Comment

Ok lets not trail off...

Comment

Originally posted by Thai Juku
        Ok lets not trail off...
        Yeah, seriously. All my posts have been swallowed up.

Comment

I dont know about you guys but I want to participate in drifting not just watch it. I spoke to Team Toyo's Tony Shultz a few weeks ago and asked him when he gets to practice, he told me he only gets practice at the events he attends. He is a very talented driver and has good sponsers that afford him and his car around the country to attend these drifting events. But this outlines the desperation many face in search of places locally to drift safely, legally and guidedly.
          Last edited by my 1 88 u; 08-09-2004, 11:13 PM.

Comment

do you think that the formula D is doing anything different than Sunpros.

The only differance is that Sunpros can do it with out all the extra HYPE.

Which is great,because the extra hype is what we don't want.Sunpros isn't selling out to the point of exploiting drifting to try and bring in the crowds.They've built up the foundation already through smaller events,such as grassroots,local,etc.Open events,shoot-outs,and other car related events.Something Slipstream hasn't done with Formula D.Like I said earlier,You don't build a house without a foundation,same goes here.

Comment

Originally posted by Feint
              Which is great,because the extra hype is what we don't want.Sunpros isn't selling out to the point of exploiting drifting to try and bring in the crowds.They've built up the foundation already through smaller events,such as grassroots,local,etc.Open events,shoot-outs,and other car related events.Something Slipstream hasn't done with Formula D.Like I said earlier,You don't build a house without a foundation,same goes here.
              in a damn nutshell.
              if they spent their damn money on this instead of carshows, strippers, and fake celebs they would bring in the crowd sizes they want
              Last edited by my 1 88 u; 08-09-2004, 11:21 PM.

Comment

Dont forget Slipstreem brought you the first D1.

And when D1 came to town they did nothing before that, the walked in and bam!!

Welcome to the D1

Comment

my sig is a joke. perhaps not a funny one... Anyways back to the topic guys.

Comment

I just want to add this again
                    ++++++++++++++++
                    All I see from all this exploits are promoting dangerous racing and illegal activities that are geared towards younger audiences because they are easily manipulated so they could buy your products.
                    ++++++++++++++++

Back to the topic.
                    Drifting is a "new" sport. A sport that needs clarification. To try to clarify this new sport. You need leaders, speakers, representative. Who will this people be? My guess ... us.

Comment

Dont forget Slipstreem brought you the first D1.

And when D1 came to town they did nothing before that, the walked in and bam!!

Welcome to the D1
                      Option is owned by Sunpros,Option promoted D1 till no tomorrow in Japan.Option held the first drift event in Japan.Option brought drifting to America before anybody knew it,and before Slipstream was even created.Option has helped create the foundation in Japan that has supported the drifting movement.You can thank Sunpros for that.

Option has stayed true to our interests.That's all we're asking of Formula D.

Comment

Originally posted by Feint
                        Option is owned by Sunpros,Option promoted D1 till no tomorrow in Japan.Option held the first drift event in Japan.Option brought drifting to America before anybody knew it,and before Slipstream was even created.Option has helped create the foundation in Japan that has supported the drifting movement.You can thank Sunpros for that.

Option has stayed true to our interests.That's all we're asking of Formula D.
                        You should do your homework... Slipstream brought D1 to America...
                        www.chrisforsberg.com
                        www.driftalliance.com
                        www.nosdrift.com
                        www.hankooktireusa.com

Comment

Can someone explain to me... if FORMULA D is a pro league in the US? or is just a competition to go forward to D1?

Because if it's a "PRO LEAGUE" in the US... I have to ask WHY? Why make another Pro League if there's already a PRO league established (D1) and it's international? I see D1 as the F1 of drifting.

So can anyone explain to me, what's gained in competing in Formula D?

Comment

Originally posted by Topics II
                            that still does not speak to the point made about building a foundation

Comment

Originally posted by Topics II
                              Check this link out.
                              http://www.d1gp.com/contact.html

Check the bolded letters

+++++++++
                              D1 Productions, Inc. is a California corporation and the U.S. arm of the D1 Corporation (Japan), the sanctioning body of the D1 Grand Prix series. The D1 Corporation was founded by Daijiro Inada, who owns and operates the D1 Grand Prix series. Mr. Inada is also the founder of Sunpros Co., Ltd where Option Magazine and the Tokyo Auto Salon were founded. Japanese media conglomerate Sanei-Shobo Publishing Co. Ltd. now publishes Option, distributes Video Option and operates the Tokyo Auto Salon under a licensing agreement with Sunpros Co., Ltd.
                              ++++++++++

D1 Productions, Inc., headquartered in Irvine, California, was formed in 2003 to facilitate the planning and execution of all D1 Grand Prix related events in North America as well as to establish distribution channels for D1 Grand Prix official merchandise and videos in North America. D1 Productions, Inc. has retained the services of numerous professional companies and individuals under contract to assist in running this event.

Soooo... Slipstream is under a contact with D1 co. So.. Slipstream is just the event coordinator, They did not bring D1 in America.

Comment

Anyway, What sollutions could you guys suggest for this whole slipstream show/drift integration? Im sure we are all thinking along the same lines. I myself think they should cut the show stuff and be true to the sport instead of the dollar, all drivers want to see is driving. How do you feel?
                                Last edited by P1STON2ROTARY; 08-10-2004, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X