Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Alex...what was your first car?

Comment

I heard there were rumors you were running NOS in the white TE?
      Last edited by AlexPfeiffer; 08-16-2004, 09:31 PM.

Comment

damn 15k for a silvia...thres an r34GTR VspecII im looking at in Naha and its only 18k. the best part is it being black..not that ghey blue everyone has.
        When you say a knife to a gunfight..is the japanese cars better equipped? I dont see why americans cant get the same parts. Sure they will cost a bit more but to be competitive you do what you gotta do. Alex good luck this year, and thank you for answering my questions.

Comment

Hey Alex, do you think that they are going to let Sam Hubinette run D1 with his viper, since its tube framed? I kinda want to see him put up a fight with the japanese drivers, but on the other hand the viper kinda ruins the spirit of drifting. Also do you make any Battleversion parts for FCs? Dont see any on your website, thought I'd ask anyways. One more thing, in club racing manufactureres offer award money for people who drive their cars and do well in races. Do you see that happening soon in drifting? Not a bad idea if you ask me.

Comment

in referenece to the pic on this page: http://www.drifting.com/forums/showt...3027#post93027

is that the same on that you use to run with Andy Yen? cuz he told me some stories. I Heard that was Andy's and u wrecked it. or something...

Comment

in addition to my last question, I was wondering if you would be driving the S2000 again sometime soon? is that your car?

Comment

Wuts safer in a car (not drifting) accident? A car with airbags and a stock seat/seatbelt. Or, a car w/ NO airbags but a racing seat/racing harness. Sorry for all the safdety questions, Im just wondering.
                Last edited by driftersil80; 08-17-2004, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by driftersil80
                  Wuts safer in a car (not drifting) accident? A car with airbags and a stock seat/seatbelt. Or, a car w/ NO airbags but a racing seat/racing harness. Sorry for all the safdety questions, Im just wondering.
                  Hate to point the obvious,but the latter is safer than the former.If the former was safer,they would use them in race cars.

Comment

Originally posted by Feint
                    Hate to point the obvious,but the latter is safer than the former.If the former was safer,they would use them in race cars.
                    he was asking in a not drifting accident... in other words, not drifting what is safer.

hey alex, how welll do you remember people at events. like if someone just walked up to you and shook your hand, would you remember them? just an odd question.

Comment

I know he was using it in that context.What I was basicly saying is that there is a reason why those bucket seats and harnesses are used in racing.They are much more safer than what is used in street cars,they have to be.A race bucket will keep you much more secure,same with a good harness.

The stock seats don't hold you well,and when in an accident,the seatbelt will give you one hell of a burn,I got one across the neck before.As for airbags,well they can save you,but they have also been known to cause damage from the pressure.A good bucket seat,harness,and GT wheel is much more safer.The only risk is spinal compression if you mount your harness wrong.

Comment

what do you think of my next dari dari machina project? pics taken at kakaako

Comment

hey alex I liked the story alot! I'm probably the only one that read the whole thing It gave me a better idea of who you are. Things like that aren't too common with people in your position. Most are quiet so thanks.

I've been driving AE86s for about 3 years myself. Here in FL we only get practice events about every 3 months so reading your words about the US drivers really lifted my spirits. I thought no one understood why we progess so slowly. I don't street drift much any more maybe once a month.

Anyhow, I guess my question is do you ever think of quitting drift and selling your AE86? This happens to me from time to time (usually after a wreck haha) and what do you do to get out of that funk?

Oh, and heres a fun pic from hurricane charley
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by UF31Leopard
                            what do you think of my next dari dari machina project? pics taken at kakaako
                            Pretty car...is it ever going to see the track?

Comment

Originally posted by f8ldzz
                              Pretty car...is it ever going to see the track?
                              yes it is but not anytime soon, I'm just waiting for my parts to come in. Plus the fact this car is rare makes getting parts hard enough. I sold my GTS and two 240's so I could concentrate on this car.

here's an old vid of me if you want to watch it. not with this car though. i suck
                              http://hometown.aol.com/kiddorifto/superkid.mpg

Comment

UF31Leopard
                                Its always cool to be a bit different, that looks like a fun project.

aphxero,
                                Yes i have thought about quiting drifting many times and selling my car even more. Sometimes all it takes is a good track event to get you back in the mood. Or sometimes I'll just walk away from it for a while, maybe a couple months and work on other things. When i first moved to the mainland, i didnt drift for about a year.

driftersil80
                                Put it this way, an airbag is mainly designed for a front impact as this is what they always test. I dont know if you noticed but they have started to put airbags in the doors and A pillars for side impact. That should help out alot since not everyone hits head on.

yarzan,
                                The car i have now is the one i hit andy with. Its funny cause andy is now my roomate and the 2 cars are sitting in the garage together. We striped down andy's car but needs to barrow a trailer to throw it away.

WalkDMC,
                                I really dont know what to think about the viper and D1, D1 always changes their minds so who knows right now.
                                In club racing, the most ive seen is a discount for stock parts. There is no money in racing.

f8ldzz
                                I put nos in it just to mess with. The 2.0 2tg i had in it made 140rwhp na then with the nos it made 240rwhp. Lets just say that car was really fun with the welded diff. And it was my daily driver.
                                BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

Working...
                                X