ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

so I cant like/talk drifting because I don't drift IRL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so I cant like/talk drifting because I don't drift IRL?

so I cant like/talk drifting because I don't drift IRL? thats like saying we cant watch/talk pro football because we're fat (im not saying you guys are fat or talk footbal, but you guys get the idea). or I cant talk about whats on tv because im blind? the analogies just keep on coming

AND BTW, the drifting.com forums aren't established as gearhead/licensed driver forums only. No, they're, in fact, seperated into established forums such as the tech forum or the pics/vids forums or the drift tecnique forum and off topic, which this topic belongs in. I don't care how much of a real drifter you are. Drifting.com is open to all, and there are certain forums for certain needs and in your case, I think you'd like browsing the drift tecnique/tech forums.

I personally don't browse those two often because I know when to steer clear of something I won't be able to attempt within 6 hours (months, years, whatever).

Yes, there are n00bs correcting real life drifters and I personally hate that but in this case, well, this is my first n00b on IRL drifter argument.

BTW, what you think is cool won't be cool to others. This website appears on top of the list when all sorts of people type in 'drifting' in a search engine. If I saw this post as one of 'those new guys', I'd definately think that this forum is not as welcoming as I thought the main web page presented it to be. If you want to talk with people who think like you, goto the more specific drift-only websites/forums which are usually maintained by car clubs, drift teams, shop owners, and the likes. This site is drifting in general. Not drifting in your view.

EDIT: I meant this post to be a reply on a different thread/forum and decided to delete it. The post was so long, though, that I felt I had the need to post this. You guys could guess which thread this might've belonged in. I love the newbie forum. But I'm still gonna lurk the pics/vids and the general discussion.

I'm sure many don't hate newbies, its just we all like helping but when they don't even want to help themselves first with questions already answered millions of times..starts to get annoying. Didn't say you couldn't talk on the forum or anything but if you really have a newbie question ask it here,and someone will help if you've done your research first. This is a general forum its just we want to see more than "what car should I get"

Comment

Man oh man, when are people going to get it that no one hates Newbies.

Comment

about 99 percent of the people dont drift here, so you can talk about it as much as you want! Dont listen to trolls and losers.

Comment

Originally posted by Brothaman240
          about 99 percent of the people dont drift here, so you can talk about it as much as you want! Dont listen to trolls and losers.
          If that was true, than I wouldn't be here.

Comment

Originally posted by Brothaman240
            Interesting figure you have there. I think its closer to 40:60 or even more. We have many many members who drift actively but are just not online enough to post as often as the younger guys.

And sonny boy who said he likes the newbie forum.. Your very welcome =) it was my idea. I thought it would help out. As a senior member and newbie to drifting please help us keep it friendly and informative. Its just an experiment if it doesnt work it can go. But i hope it does work out.

And yes new guys talk all you want, but if you dont have seat time dont argue it with guys who do! Alot of you consider me knowledgable, and to a degree i am, but there are many many on here who are far superior to me in both skill and knowledge and experience. I listen to them very carefully. I offer opinion and suggestion and ideas but i never argue something i have never done. And i never pretend to know all. No one can know all.

Anyways im ranting. Just be friendly and keep an open mind. And listen to everyone. Try several things and make your own descisions.

Comment

I am not being sarcastic about this or anything, but I am out of the loop. It may just be some stupid thing that I know but just didn't put two and two together. What is IRL? See even newbs know things that senior members don't.

Comment

IRL means In real life.. its a net expression that popped up about 8 years ago. The implication is that things on the internet are not real... Which is why i dont like it. Talking to someone online is as "real life" as using a phone in my opinion. I prefer the term "In person" ...

Anyways it seems he is using this to refer to people who have actually drifted. not video game drifted or watched initial D.

Comment

No wonder why I didn't know it. I hate it when people can't just type out the whole thing. Thanks SMC.

Comment

I was kidding about teh 99 percent. Maybe around 60 percent dont "drift"

Comment

also, try avoiding long butt posts like mine because that shows that a n00b talks too much and is a whiner trying to get attention. when i posted this thread, i wasnt thinking. sorry bout that. anyways, yeah, less talking and more listening is the way to go if youre a n00b like me.

Comment

I think a long post shows that you are putting a time into it, some may be of people just ranting on and on, but a post that contains more than three words shows that you aren't post whoring. Mine are usually around five sentences or so. Just keep doing what you are doing because I think you have yourself set up on the right path and not the usual annoying newb path.

Comment

You know also I think that most people who are new to this forum are pretty much new to most forums in general, they don't know that there is a search button.... maybe there can be a giant arrow pointing to the search button w/ something along the lines of "NEW HERE? CLICK THIS TO SEARCH FOR QUESTIONS THAT MAY HAVE BEEN ANSWERED" cuz most people just jump right into things
                          *edit* hehe sorry it was a response to the newb question but yeah, I think that everybody should have their say in drifting... even though I don't agree w/ the newbs who don't know anything telling someone that does drift what to do
                          Last edited by GoukiS14; 07-06-2004, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X