-Touge Drifto-

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• -Touge Drifto-

Sure, you can pull it off on the track, but how good are you on a real life road?

This is going to be a thread inquiring about what you do and what you would do for drifting.

(now, first of all you should only race on roads with uber-low to NO upkeep)

(If there are no roads like that, don't race)

How do you drive, what car do you drive, and are there any special technique you employ?

The list of techniques i know:
    -Driftingoversteer)
    -Power oversteer(Muscle car!)
    -trail Breaking
    -Ebreak?
    -shiftlock?(damaging)
    -clutch kick
    -engine breaking(Better than trail breaking)
    -DriftingNeutralsteer)(4 wheel drift)
    -FR version(hardest)
    -AWD version (Medium)
    -FF version(easiest)
    -SpecialTotally insane noone would try in their right mind)
    -Gutter hook
    -Gutter shortcut
    -"Ramp" [ledge] Jumping [to skip a corner]
    -Understeer(lol)[jk...]

To start off:
    Well, I would honestly say i always employ trail breaking and Neutral steer
    90 deg slip angle to block off other people when i lead. when i chase i would press the guy as hard as i can. and i drive an ff; es300 1994 black with gold and gray trim, stock ugly chrome 6 spoke rims and totally stock. very poorly maintained and the fender scrapes [something] on opposite locks.

Oh btw:
    <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mgQVcV_0FyA&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mgQVcV_0FyA&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
    ^Skill!^(not me, but i did learn to drift rwd on a EZ-GO kart)
    Last edited by ; 11-21-2007, 07:28 PM.

This is king of posts and you are truely a god amoung men.

Comment

What game is this?

Comment

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHHAHAAHHAHA

BUAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

you made me laugh, this is the funniest thing ever

Comment

I am the fricking masta of ramp jumping...don't even get me started on that

Comment

I hit up "da toogey" all the time mang, just ask equinox, we roll deep. He balls out with the '97 Integra with H22 swap. I like to flash my '88 Celica All(yeah)trac or my '91 Supra Turbo.

I guess I'm best at AWD version, but i like to hit the gutters to drag me around the turns.

don't mind the haterz on this site dude. keep keepin' and keep it real. This game is all about riding the dragon and this is a wild one.

-peace

Comment

Yeah mang, i hit up "da toogey" all the time. I roll deep with equinox, the VC masta of drifto. He likes to roll in the '97 Integra, but I bring out the '88 Celica All(yeah)trac or the '89 Surpra TURBO.

I guess you can call me the AWD drifto style, but I like to hook the TSW wheels in the gutter and hold me around. Some day I'll grab some JDM Volks (Rays) and rock it hard.

Don't mind the haters on this site, they just didn't know how to drive and act the fool.

Playin drifto on the streets is like riding the dragon...only the real men can hold on.

-peace

Comment

Wait, is this supposed to be serious or something?

Comment

Dolo say:

If yo azz caint ride da roads, yo azz don belong on da track.

Jive-turkey-azz, cracka-azz, beochez

Comment

Originally posted by atlantian View Post
                    Sure, you can pull it off on the track, but how good are you on a real life road?

(now, first of all you should only race on roads with uber-low to NO upkeep)
                    (If there are no roads like this, don't race)

So let me get this straight: Track racing is not real racing, & the only real racing is on beat-to-crap country roads, and that all of us who live in the city shouldn't race unless we can find some country road??

ok...

Comment

My Wu Tang technique is far superior to your trail braking technique.

what's the special technique? and are you like 10 years old?
                      Last edited by funkymonkey; 11-20-2007, 05:34 PM.

Comment

i am actually serious about this and i do drive (16! yay!). It would seem stupid but, hey, i'm not actually posting where I am doing this so the piggies would come and ruin my fun.[and fun of my friends have]. so i think it would be nice to let up on the usless flaming. I'm not actually offended by the flaming in the 6 or so posts above. but seriously, i started this thread to ask people about what technique would they employ on real roads. Because honestly I really dispise track racing and it's because of track and oval racing that makes auto sports less exciting and booooooring!.

so it would be nice to post about your techniques instead of flaming me, despite my apparently immature wording of my post.

PS: I have been driving for about 3/4th of a year but i spent a lot of time studying automotive technology and drifting and also a lot of time on the roads trying out techniques (i drove every day and night driving to perfect my techniques over the summer). i am actually very serious about this sport and it's people like white dolomite and funky monkey that discourage Newbies.

Comment

Special Totally insane noone would try in their right mind)
                          I know this one..isn't it:

???

Comment

Originally posted by threeplus10 View Post

So let me get this straight: Track racing is not real racing, & the only real racing is on beat-to-crap country roads, and that all of us who live in the city shouldn't race unless we can find some country road??

ok...
                            sure... that's what i ment; i mean, you should get what you can, you know what i mean? If you live in the cities, and the tracks are a great choice. it's just that track racing is all about the car's technology not the driver's technique. in the city, there is track racing(hopefully) or you might find some drag racing action, but look at the name of this forum: Drifting.com... I just think touge is better than track racing. You still need skills to race period. All of the low speed sections in a rural windy road makes for a much better time on wheels (or in a hospital if you suck (Morgue if you really suck)). and the rain. I still admire race car drivers for their agilities, just that driving auto x, rally, and touge requires more skills than track.

Comment

Originally posted by atlantian View Post
                              sure... that's what i ment; i mean, you should get what you can, you know what i mean? If you live in the cities, and the tracks are a great choice. it's just that track racing is all about the car's technology not the driver's technique. in the city, there is track racing(hopefully) or you might find some drag racing action, but look at the name of this forum: Drifting.com... I just think touge is better than track racing. You still need skills to race period. All of the low speed sections in a rural windy road makes for a much better time on wheels (or in a hospital if you suck (Morgue if you really suck)). and the rain. I still admire race car drivers for their agilities, just that driving auto x, rally, and touge requires more skills than track.

you've obviously never been on a roadcourse before.

nevermind, you're 16. that whole 3/4 of a year in the seat is definitely enough to say that roadracing takes less skill than driving like a jackass on a public roadway. anything you can do right now you will think is the coolest and most skillful. someone will eventually show you otherwise and you'll either shut your mouth and actually learn something or continue being delusional about your 9 months in the driver's seat honing your "skills".
                              Last edited by icantdrift; 12-13-2007, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X