i have a cupple questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i have a cupple questions

hey guys thanks for all the help you have given me so far=)

1) rolling: has anyone in this forum ever rolled when difting? and if you did how bad was it? does everyone here have roll cages in there cars?

()reason for asking... any person that ever find out that i wanna drift my friends sometimes joke around and say your gonna roll and die btu sometimes there seroius and anyone who finds out in school they all say i will roll and die.... it makes me nervouse everytime someone says it... thank you

Of course cars have rolled while drifting. I've actually seen Taka do it with my own eyes. My brother rolled an Rx8 on a mountain pass and wasn't even pushing it. You can roll an ordanary car by getting into a wreck on the freeway.

If you want it to be streetable, don't get a roll cage, or at the very least don't make it permenant. The problem is if you get into an accident and you have a cage, when not wearing a helmet, it's more dangerous than with no cage. My recomendation is roll bars if you're looking for additional support and still want it to be streetable.

In general cases, the standard roof is designed to take one good impact. When my brother rolled his car, no cage or roll bar, the roof didn't collapse. But the issue is, at much higher speeds (like when drifting), it can be much more dangerous.

Keep in mind, it usually takes some kind of slope or something to make a car of this nature roll, and it's not that common. And as long as you're drifting safely on courses, chances on high damage and danger are greatly reduced.

Comment

thanks and how badly was your brother hurt?
      thanks im definitly gonna scope out the surface alot mroe thank usual =)

Comment

He came out of it with only a few cuts, but the car was pretty much totaled.

Comment

Yea Is Till Think Rolling Is Much Safer Then Getting In A Normal Accident...

Comment

Again that depends. Take it from someone who's been in 2 major accidents, one I got T-Boned, the other was a front impact due to a flat tire. I came out of both of those without so much as a bruise or a scratch. but I was extremely lucky. Cars are designed to save the driver, but never the less you don't want to be in a major wreck, period.

I still recommend driving at a track. It's safer, and if you do end up in a wreck, there will be someone on hand (usually) to assist.

Comment

thanks for the help its just i cant find any tracks in illionois... and if i dont no how to drift i dont wanna ge in peoples ways

Comment

You're kind of borked by your location. However, it's a big enough city I would expect some drift events would pop up now and then. For daily stuff, you really need to travel some and find places you can use that are safe and not hazardous to others. That is challenging.

Comment

Working...
                X