12. Calvin Wan

13. Tyler Mcquarrie

14. Ben Schwartz

15. Casper Canul

16. Conrad Grunewald

17. Hiro Sumida

18. Taka Aono

Comment

• when is round 1 scheduled to air on G4tv and please ol please show the qualify runs this year, or atleast the top runs of the 16 qualifiers.

Comment

• Will FD demo at any other CHAMP events this year?

Comment

• To add to his question ^^^^^
          How about when Formula D has an event the same weekend as a Champ Car event? Like Road Atlanta (FD) - Houston (Champ Car). Infineon (FD) - Toronto (Champ Car)???

I'd like to think all the drivers would be competing and couldnt do a demo the somewhere else the same weekend. But you never know.

Comment

• Originally posted by my 1 88 u
            when is round 1 scheduled to air on G4tv and please ol please show the qualify runs this year, or atleast the top runs of the 16 qualifiers.
            I would likek to know this as well.

Comment

• To answer some questions...

FDTV on G4. The new team at G4 is working on producting better shows, more similar to pro sports coverage. They are also planning to launch this season's show's right around the same time as FF3. They have not confirmed with us the exact date but it will be mid-June when the first of the shows will air.

FD at Champ Car. I think I might have of mentioned it before, but the budgets have been cut across the board at Champ Car. In 2005, they gave us a budget to bring the show to the races. This there is no money. We tried to raise the money but couldnt get it. It costs quite a bit to get 6 cars, drivers, crew and equipment to races in Cleveland, Portland, etc. We are negotiating with a couple of tracks as I write but nothing concrete yet.

As for Champ Car races on the same weekends as FD events, we tried it last year with Tarzan and Calvin. Calvin didnt even had a chance to celebrate his Sonoma win because he flew out that night (red eye) to Toronto for a Sunday demo. We will most likely not try that again this season.

Please remember though, just because they are not spending money this year does not mean we should turn our backs on Champ Car. Almost everyone at Champ Car, from president on down, are very supportive for Formula Drift. Champ Car teams, the crews and the drivers were just as supportive. Sebastien Bourdais (Champ Car Champion) still wants to borrow someone's car and try it out for himself. Some of the world's best and past Champ Car Champions Jimmy Vasser, Paul Tracy and Cristiano Da Matta have enjoyed our presence on the race schedule.

We'll keep you posted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jim @ FD
                To answer some questions...

FDTV on G4. The new team at G4 is working on producting better shows, more similar to pro sports coverage. They are also planning to launch this season's show's right around the same time as FF3. They have not confirmed with us the exact date but it will be mid-June when the first of the shows will air.

FD at Champ Car. I think I might have of mentioned it before, but the budgets have been cut across the board at Champ Car. In 2005, they gave us a budget to bring the show to the races. This there is no money. We tried to raise the money but couldnt get it. It costs quite a bit to get 6 cars, drivers, crew and equipment to races in Cleveland, Portland, etc. We are negotiating with a couple of tracks as I write but nothing concrete yet.

As for Champ Car races on the same weekends as FD events, we tried it last year with Tarzan and Calvin. Calvin didnt even had a chance to celebrate his Sonoma win because he flew out that night (red eye) to Toronto for a Sunday demo. We will most likely not try that again this season.

Please remember though, just because they are not spending money this year does not mean we should turn our backs on Champ Car. Almost everyone at Champ Car, from president on down, are very supportive for Formula Drift. Champ Car teams, the crews and the drivers were just as supportive. Sebastien Bourdais (Champ Car Champion) still wants to borrow someone's car and try it out for himself. Some of the world's best and past Champ Car Champions Jimmy Vasser, Paul Tracy and Cristiano Da Matta have enjoyed our presence on the race schedule.

We'll keep you posted.
                By all means should you court Sebastien Bourdais. The more support from accomplished and famous racers such as Rod Millen and Boudais the better for the success of FD. It's like D1GP having Super GT Drivers in their ranks.

Comment

• Will FD return to the LBGP in 2007?

Comment

• Originally posted by WINDING Master
                    Will FD return to the LBGP in 2007?
                    YES we will.

Comment

• Originally posted by my 1 88 u
                      By all means should you court Sebastien Bourdais. The more support from accomplished and famous racers such as Rod Millen and Boudais the better for the success of FD. It's like D1GP having Super GT Drivers in their ranks.
                      I actually went into the Champ Car Garage and did short little interviews with AJ Almindinger, Jimmy Vasser, and Co-owner of the series Paul Gentilozzi on their thoughts of drifting and each of them had only positive things to say about it.

The video is really rough and raw but if you guys want I can try to put it together into something and post it up here.

I wanted to interview Sebastian but since he won the race he was really busy running all over the place doing other interviews.

Comment

• FD Sonoma

Jim

Sonoma event has canceled? that I heard today. Is that ture??

Comment

• Where did you here is from? Good rumor. Contract signed. Deposit sent.

Comment

• Originally posted by MonkeySlide
                            The video is really rough and raw but if you guys want I can try to put it together into something and post it up here.
                            I'd love to see those videos
                            Post Em!!

Comment

• SONOMA UPDATE:

I found out what the confusion was. We had to cancel the car show portion of the event because if any of you have been to Formula D at Infineon Raceway, you'll know that the space we are given is very small. With the addition of more team rigs and bigger sponsor displays, we simply have no more room. So rather than putting the show cars on gravel, we decided to just cancel the car show all together. But the problem is that some people thought we were cancelling the entire. So again SONOMA IS STILL ON, JULY 8th.

Comment

• Thanks for the update. Should still be a great event. I'll be there.

Comment

Working...
                                X