Let's Bring Drifting Back!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's Bring Drifting Back!

i've been dead for the past 3 years, but now i'm back, and ready to bring the scene back. I'm very sad that all the people i used to hang out with have sold their 240's, 86's, fc's, fd's, etc. for fwd-fail. I want to bring back the scene, the fun, the thrill of it all, donut competitions, gymkhana fun, canyon runs, who's down to bring it back? all i want to know is: who's coming with me?

1. Dori Star - GC8 Sedan

Drifting is more popular than ever in socal

there's lots more organizations (along with the classics, just drift, etc) putting on events in even more venues

that said I'd never turn down more drifting and cruising

Comment

drifting is dead since 2004. haha

drifting.com has been stepping up its game tho doing it big and covering everythingg
      Last edited by D1 DRIFTER; 03-22-2010, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by D1 DRIFTER View Post
        drifting is dead since 2004. haha

drifting.com has been stepping up its game tho doing it big and covering everythingg

HAH! someone who agrees with me.. lets bring this btch back from the dead! LOL

Comment

i was wondering if it died around 07

that was the time that i kinda floated away from the scene and noticed it too! glad its not just me who was feeling like this! anyways, that being said i think 2010 is gonna be driftings best year yet!

Comment

Yea I have that feeling too

Comment

Huh? Scene? It has been a while since I posted but if you're into scenes then go follow the crowd. If you're really into drifting, then it shouldn't die out.

A little jingle/chorus inspired by Pirates of the Caribbean:

Yo Ho Yo Ho
              A drifter's life for me
              We weave and swerve and tackle the curves
              And down the mountain we go

We hit the clutch with a certain touch
              That makes the people say Whoah!

That's all I could come up with, Peace Out

Comment

drifting hasnt died... just your interest for it has. if anything it has been gaining momentum.

Comment

I'm glad all of your friends sold their drifters for fail-wheel-drive cars. That means they only were drifting because it was "cool" and they are trendy. Drifting is not a trend. I'm glad to see them go.

Comment

Originally posted by Cavi Mike View Post
                    I'm glad all of your friends sold their drifters for fail-wheel-drive cars. That means they only were drifting because it was "cool" and they are trendy. Drifting is not a trend. I'm glad to see them go.
                    not really, just that the people i know grew up and got their priority's straight, whether they decided to grow up and have a family, finish school, and what not.. not everybody has money to fix what they fux up either. i still have friends who stayed with it, big named friends, but they have always been financially stable through sponsorships or mommy and daddy.

Comment

I don't think drift will ever die, but I think it is important to promote the sport as much as we can. So if you're looking for people to help the sport in any way possible, I would like to join you. Viva La Drift!

Comment

For me, I always felt drifting is in your heart. It makes no difference in what you drive, race, age, religion, or sex. Whether you compete or just love smoking the tires sideways, the love is all the same. I've seen drifting influence all of the above. Those who really gave it a chance are thankful for being opened to something new and exciting, and keep coming back to events to support. Keep drifting fun and share the love. Remember Cars will come and go, but friends are for life.

I'll step off the soap box now.

Comment

i also agree with more momentum. on our local boards we just had a thread about this. we have so many more events now and drivers. I used to know everyone in FL that was a drifter, now there are 5-10 new guys a month.

Comment

well formula d and F&F tokyo drift (i didnt like it) boosted the drift scene's popularity state side quite a bit.. but the economy has been making alot of pain for the scene.. G4 dropped formula d coverage in 2007 (one of its highest rated programs).. keeping sponsorships on cars isnt cheap either.. even nascar is having trouble right now.. ryan tuerck almost lost mobile 1 this year, and he almost won the championship last year

drifting isnt dead, its just been slowed down by the tough economic times, it will recover as the market does (estimated to be about 5 years until stable).. plus the scene is always changing, if you look back about 10 years we are pretty different..

Comment

Originally posted by B.Young View Post
                              For me, I always felt drifting is in your heart. It makes no difference in what you drive, race, age, religion, or sex. Whether you compete or just love smoking the tires sideways, the love is all the same. I've seen drifting influence all of the above. Those who really gave it a chance are thankful for being opened to something new and exciting, and keep coming back to events to support. Keep drifting fun and share the love. Remember Cars will come and go, but friends are for life.

I'll step off the soap box now.
                              Well said sir.

Comment

Working...
                              X