ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FAST and FURIOUS 3 (Seeking ACTORS "DRIFT RACERS")

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this movie is meant for the general public. of course it's going to be unrealistic and bad. who knows in about 10 years it could be seen as a real classic. remember north shore (surfing) and sideout (beach volleyball)? horrible representations of the scene but excellent cheesy guilty pleasures.

if you don't want to see a sequel don't buy a ticket for the movie or the dvd.
    yeah, but watch it pull in $80M opening weekend. ahaha!

Comment

Originally posted by Drift Future
      I wouldn't even try to get a part. I'm sure that the image of a drifter that they want to portray is far from reality. On top of that they probably don't want someone who actually drifts. That is what stunt drivers are for.
      It is alot easier to have an actor that does his own stunts, less akward camera angles. If the person who gets this part is a skilled drifter, then they can actually show his face and in car angles. Instead of have to show *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* *Censored* angles where they have to hide the stunt driver or make it so you cant really tell.ex:the ever so popular showing of shifting and footwork. Its just like in 2F2F with Paul Walker, because he can actually drive a car they let him do some of the stunts. The part where he wins the first race and then pulls the ebrake and slides to a stop, looking straight at the camera the whole time. If they would have had a stunt driver they probably would have show it from the other way and a more arial view, looking down on the crowd. Alot more work than just have a guy stand there with a camera.

But then again, who knows if they are smart enough to pick someone with actual skill....

Comment

Originally posted by AllMotorKing
        this movie is meant for the general public. of course it's going to be unrealistic and bad. who knows in about 10 years it could be seen as a real classic. remember north shore (surfing) and sideout (beach volleyball)? horrible representations of the scene but excellent cheesy guilty pleasures.

if you don't want to see a sequel don't buy a ticket for the movie or the dvd.
        yeah, but watch it pull in $80M opening weekend. ahaha!
        you are exactly right mister all motor king....

north shore was the shiet. i miss living there

Comment

*graphics ***

you know what i mean. i talking bout gaudy and most of the time ricey graphics. the d1 pics you show are there for a reason..i can never hate on that....look at the faf2

Comment

Haha, from what I've read I might actually enjoy this movie I really don't know what the big deal is. Ricers are everywhere anyway, it's not gonna change much.

B-Wurm

Comment

I want on the record now: I've had NOTHING to do with this story line. Don't come whining to me later, k folks?

Now, if you want to make some money, sign up or go out for a role.

If you don't, at least try to have an open mind on the actual cinematography....Neil Moritz is a pretty talented dude, so if nothing else, I'm expecting great visuals.

Comment

To be honest, I'm planning to go for the role of Reevise. Based on the current role description/storyline...I can't see the role of Shaun going to an asian actor (I'm asian).

Comment

Hey visually the movie is pretty entertaining... it's one of those movies you just turn your mind off and enjoy. Kinda like Taxi (some car chase scences in that one) but you don't really watch it for the plot.

Comment

Originally posted by adam
                    *graphics ***

you know what i mean. i talking bout gaudy and most of the time ricey graphics. the d1 pics you show are there for a reason..i can never hate on that....look at the faf2
                    no, please explain what you mean. you tell me to look at tfnf 2, i say look at D1. same if not more graphics. so stop whining about it.

you all know youre gonna go see it anyway.

Comment

it is amazing to me, that a movie that has not even started filming, is being bashed like this...give me a break, it's a movie, not a documentary.

Comment

I personally don't like graphics at all, D1 or not. I liked the A'pexi FD a lot better when it was just white when they were testing it in a video. Graphics to me make the cars look cheap but that's just my opinion. I know that the cars are badass though and the drivers are the best in the world so i don't mind the graphics so much. But when you watch videos of people on the touge they don't have there whole car covered with stickers. Like that video wher Nomuken goes around getting the best drift teams from around japan all those guys didn't have decals all over their cars because they weren't getting payed to put them there. And also i don't see this movie as putting drifting out there to a wider audience or at least what drifting really is, it's putting forward a false image that will tarnish the world's already dim view on drifters. If they see street drifters having a good time on the mountain then going to a bar afterwards they might not think as badly of it as when they see these guys going out with guns and trying to kill each other and at the same time drifting on the mountains. So i have no problem with drifting getting more mainstream than it is but just present for what it is in actuality don't distort the whole culture to make it what you want it to be.

Sry there are no spaces in that, just kinda stream of consciousness, so if it doesn't make total sense i'm sry. I do realize though that this movie is not meant for drifters or people that are into cars really at all, it's just meant to be entertaining for people who just like seeing *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* blown up. I bet cops say the same things about the movies made about them like S.W.A.T., that's why it's the movies. So don't come and try and lecture me about how "It's just for entertainment" 'cause I already know that and don't wanna hear it again. I just wish they would've made it more real because it's already entertaining enough as is.

- Peace

p.s. sry for such a long post, just had time and wanted to speak my mind

Comment

The plot seems dry and oddly reminiscent to Romeo and Juliet. Well like Ive said before, Im actually looking forward to it!
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by NPORT2NR
                            it is amazing to me, that a movie that has not even started filming, is being bashed like this...give me a break, it's a movie, not a documentary.

no but people will make it out to be one. Thats how all the cops got all ruffled up when the first and second movie came out. was cause they thought it was documentory about street racing....

Comment

Originally posted by GranMastrDrift
                              no but people will make it out to be one. Thats how all the cops got all ruffled up when the first and second movie came out. was cause they thought it was documentory about street racing....
                              not to call bullshlt on you but i have never heard of one person ever thinking those movies were a documentary......

Comment

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...leId=106240#21

Last edited by swifty949; 07-08-2005, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X