Xmods drifting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xmods drifting

I don't have any experience with this but for fun, can you really drift an Xmods car? (with taped wheels)

I think this thread was made somewhere but it'll be too offtopic to continue it.

If so, what upgrades are best, if any?

Thanks in advance.

ya bro i have been wordering about that same thing, but i dunno. hopefully somebody can fill us in on some info b/c yokomo's are expensive.

Comment

that...and i don't want to pay over 100$ for a hobby before my lisence test in next june. After that, it's gonna sit in the garage doing nothing.

I just went to the Xmods shop and their "drift kit suspension" was a bunch of stiffer springs and costs a whopping 15 bucks! (i'll just spray-laquer the stock springs to stiffen them, hehe)

Comment

umm ya i was on that other rc car thread i think you where there weird oddity. any way i said yokomo's are too expensive but here on this forum its already been said.... so i dont know what too say. the xmods look kinda unbalanced and akward i think dinkies are more true to scale then the xmods. meh maybe its just me. i like the yokomo's a lot more but i can't justify paying that much..

Comment

also weird oddity i dont know any1 azn's who drive 93 voyagers but one who drives a toyota sienna....and haha you can't drive yet!!

tho u will before me....ive got till december of '05 before i can even think about taking my beginners.....

Comment

um yeah you can drift them quit easily actually. Forget tapped tires...the best drifting upgrade would probably be the AWD upgrade. I put it on my civic which is made for speed so it cant drift. But in all my other 4 xmods I have drift motors. So just informing you, if you have the dough get AWD, also if you need batteries buy the battery upgrade, works great for xmod drifting.

Comment

yes, xmods drifting is very fun. i recently got the "Drifting Tires" which are a high density plastic, combine that with AWD, the stiff springs and struts, agressive toe in, and some practice and my R34 slides like crazy!! the only other mods are the body and headlights...it still has the stock motor and doesnt have the metal bearings. but finding a bood spot is key too...it has to be smooth and rock free (rocks and pebbles tend make the car bounce and F up the body). i like to use the local skate park at night cause no is skating and the volcanos and stuff make some interresting terrain to slide around. i also found that if you jump the car about an inch off the ground, it gets super-accelerated and the first time the front tires are adjusted the car whips in that direction...its all very fun. the drift tires are lik 9.99 and the awd is like 20 or something...making it 80 dollars for car and drifting setup. which isnt too bad...but its almost nessecary to have awd, otherwise the car wont get any speed, therefore wont carry drifts, just do 180's.

hope that all helps...didnt mean to run on like that

Comment

yes, xmods drifting is very fun. i recently got the "Drifting Tires" which are a high density plastic, combine that with AWD, the stiff springs and struts, agressive toe in, and some practice and my R34 slides like crazy!! the only other mods are the body and headlights...it still has the stock motor and doesnt have the metal bearings. but finding a bood spot is key too...it has to be smooth and rock free (rocks and pebbles tend make the car bounce and F up the body). i like to use the local skate park at night cause no is skating and the volcanos and stuff make some interresting terrain to slide around. i also found that if you jump the car about an inch off the ground, it gets super-accelerated and the first time the front tires are adjusted the car whips in that direction...its all very fun. the drift tires are lik 9.99 and the awd is like 20 or something...making it 80 dollars for car and drifting setup. which isnt too bad...but its almost nessecary to have awd, otherwise the car wont get any speed, therefore wont carry drifts, just do 180's.
                Haha well put. I dont run mine outside, but if I did I would use skate parks too! Nice and smooth. Oh yeah I don't have drift tires that come with the 5zigen wheels. Does it help you drift? My friend says its too hard to control to drift. Later.

Comment

Oh yeah also here are some pics of mine. Later.
                  PS: I also have NSX just havn't took any pictures yet."
                  my xmods

Comment

I might get a white supra from radioshack when i stock up enough money. (i have 35/80 bucks...less than 50%!)

Thanks for the tips. New motor and "suspension" (i can just spray-laquer it to make it stiffer) to buy might be out of the question, but the AWD is a must, right?

Comment

um yeah get AWD, RWD isn't bad either(stock) but awd is cool, but very hard to install. Also they discontinued the Supras already a long time ago. So if your place still has them, I would put it on layaway. HAHA. Later.

Comment

Yokomo kits are not the only RC cars that car drift. You can pickup any awd Tamiya kits (TT01, TL01, TA04) for about 80 bucks. All the other stuff will be about an additional 80 bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by DRIFTER-M
                          Haha well put. I dont run mine outside, but if I did I would use skate parks too! Nice and smooth. Oh yeah I don't have drift tires that come with the 5zigen wheels. Does it help you drift? My friend says its too hard to control to drift. Later.
                          yes, the drift tires are awsome...they are just slick enough to throw the back end out, but not too slick like taping the tires can be...if you have AWD traction and control arent much of an issue...like any thing else it takes practice, but its fun...i think its entertaining to apply what i know about drifting real cars and applying it to r/c cars... the only real big issue i am having is batteries...drifting just wastes the batteries like no other

hope that helps again...lol

Comment

the only real big issue i am having is batteries...drifting just wastes the batteries like no other
                            Buy the battery upgrade, well worth it + increases performance.

Comment

do you mean the rechargeables? cause i already have them...its just with all 4 tires spinning at max velosity, it drains the battery, just like drifting a real cars drains your gas tank...lol i will post up pics this weekend of my R34

Comment

Working...
                              X