Gran Turismo 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gran Turismo 4

soo anybody know of the release date yet since i heard they have been setting the date back...... post pics too if u guys got any newer ones....thanx

i gave up trying to find out. they are saying it will be out when they think its 100% how they want it so it could be next week or next year

on the subject of GT4 ive herd a rumor that there will be a drift cup unlike NFS:U it will use the normal physics what do you guys think

Comment

I'd definately hope it would use normal physic, not doing so would be foolish or possibly a grave mistake. I only with they'd port it to PC...alas, it will never happen

Comment

Originally posted by Drift For Food
        I'd definately hope it would use normal physic, not doing so would be foolish or possibly a grave mistake. I only with they'd port it to PC...alas, it will never happen
        The physics will only be real to a certain degree.They need to keep an arcade touch to the game to attract enough buyers.

Comment

I heard the same, that is why I bought the Driving Force Pro steering wheel and pedals. Set me back a buck and a half but it turns 900 degrees, which is just like a car wheel and GT4 is the only game that you can use the 900 degree feature with. Oh, you can play the old racing games one it also. It switches back and forth.

Comment

Originally posted by Feint
            The physics will only be real to a certain degree.They need to keep an arcade touch to the game to attract enough buyers.
            I heard they are down grading the physics engine a little from the last one so you can drift more easily. So that should give you pretty much the idea of how it is going to play. Just think, online drift battles.

Comment

Actually they are upgrading the engine. The current engine was a great engine for turning and going straight. The engine could not acurately replicate a Drift though. So they are modifying the new engine to take this into account. They are also going to have a Drifting event in the game. The new wheel is a 900 degree wheel but only in GT4 at the present time. It will be a neato game. If you go to put a pre-order on it, they tell you november I believe.

Comment

my friend said the license tests are super hard... and that fool is good..... oh well it'll make us better drivers (in gt4 that is)

Comment

as long as they still use the mya program.... im cool with it

Comment

they are using maya??? I didn't know that wow wouldn't you think they could get a little more detailed if they are using maya...

Comment

as long i can get an FC3S and some good suspencion set-ups and some front lip and *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* like that its ok to mee.....ooh and something over tha 450hp!! peace

Comment

it would not be dificult at all to make a drift cup in gt4. if i was a designer i would just take the rally car physics and put it on a smooth looking track. the make a tracer program to monitor your racing line. similar to the licence test in gt3. (not going into the grass or dirt) it would be easy it make.

Comment

gt4 is going to be so good, it'll make you wanna slap yo mamma!! really though i can't wait, from what i've read drifting will defenitly be involved somehow, and there will be more "real" cars. I hope they bring back the used car section from gt2.

Comment

Originally posted by Tsukai240
                            it would not be dificult at all to make a drift cup in gt4. if i was a designer i would just take the rally car physics and put it on a smooth looking track. the make a tracer program to monitor your racing line. similar to the licence test in gt3. (not going into the grass or dirt) it would be easy it make.
                            but then what about doing dirt drop initiated drifts? thats what i use a lot in gt2... i bet im the only one without a ps2...

Comment

i was reading an interveiw with the director and he said that they might put in a drifting cup or something like that

but i am not sure

chrisfromda909 you are probably the only one without a Ps2

Comment

Working...
                              X