How will you look back on drifting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How will you look back on drifting?

I know you've heard an elder give you the 'when I was your age' comment of how things were back in the day and eventually, you will be that elder. Drifting is very new, I'm sure most of us here have been alive longer than drifting has been around and surely longer than it's been here on our continent.

Can you think of the one specific moment in your life that changed your view of driving sideways? Maybe it was the first time you yanked the e-brake in your parents car or even the first time your friend did. It could have been when you taught someone how to counter-steer. Or maybe it was just that moment when you no-longer referred to it as fish-tailing, power-sliding or doing "donuts."

Fishtailing was always the way for me. I remember trying to pedal sideways on a bicycle on this slick downhill parking-lot entrance then graduating to e-braking my grandma's Cavalier but my turning moment was an Option magazine DVD. Kazama was riding on the door of his gold S13 vert, waving to the crowd. I'll never forget it and it will stay with me forever. (I really need to upload it to YouTube.)

What was your moment?

Originally posted by Cavi Mike View Post
    I know you've heard an elder give you the 'when I was your age' comment of how things were back in the day and eventually, you will be that elder. Drifting is very new, I'm sure most of us here have been alive longer than drifting has been around and surely longer than it's been here on our continent.

Can you think of the one specific moment in your life that changed your view of driving sideways? Maybe it was the first time you yanked the e-brake in your parents car or even the first time your friend did. It could have been when you taught someone how to counter-steer. Or maybe it was just that moment when you no-longer referred to it as fish-tailing, power-sliding or doing "donuts."

Fishtailing was always the way for me. I remember trying to pedal sideways on a bicycle on this slick downhill parking-lot entrance then graduating to e-braking my grandma's Cavalier but my turning moment was an Option magazine DVD. Kazama was riding on the door of his gold S13 vert, waving to the crowd. I'll never forget it and it will stay with me forever. (I really need to upload it to YouTube.)

What was your moment?

Long Beach Team Drift Competition 2007. Before that, Drifting to me was just another one of those dumb ricer attempts at being legitimate drivers (like cutting holes in the back bumper of your Civic so that it "doesn't act as a parachute"). But after I saw that competition, I realized how much fun it looked like. By the end of the year, we'd taken our Drift 101 class and bought the Camaro.

Comment

Well, to be honest, I've been into this kind of driving, and racing for pretty much my whole life (I'm 23) because of my Dad.

If I had to choose a moment though, it would be when my Dad and I go out in our prospective vehicles to go do some runs somewhere.

Comment

my lowest time in drifting is reading this thread

Comment

my highest point in drifting is knowing Al's lowest point!

Comment

what a waste of perfectly good cars

I cant find s13 parts anymore! - me, 2015

Comment

Working...
            X