ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Youngster here from california(datsun 510)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Youngster here from california(datsun 510)

hello i am lalo and i am 17...i own a 72 datsun 510 soon to be an sr20det...I want to know if it is possible to drift the *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* out of my 510 lol...I know it will be very hard but i hope i can accomplish it...Has anyone out their drifted with a 510???if so how was your experience with it???I am Also selling a buttload of 240sx parts the car was not mine it is my brothers ...check it out at
    http://www.drifting.com/forums/buy-a...g-must-go.html

RWD? Check!
    Lots of power? Check!

Should be dead easy to drift. Make sure you have a 2-way or welded differential in it, they're not essential but they make drifting and hence learning to drift many, many times easier.

Comment

awsome I hope i can alot of people say its very difficult due to traction i hope its not that big of a problem!!!

Comment

If having more grip than power was a problem I'd find drifting my old BMW very difficult indeed. As I've mentioned on here before I believe too much power too early on makes people lazy, they don't learn the techniques they would in a lower-powered car. Use weight shift to unsettle the car's balance and Scandinavian flicks into corners to bring the back end round. Maybe run skinnier tyres with high pressure on the rear if it really does have too much traction.

Anyway, I'm not the best teacher since I'm still learning myself. Get to a drift day and see if someone good will give you a few pointers and then practise, practise, practise!

Comment

Working...
        X