Fc stalling?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fc stalling?

for some reason every time i enter a sharp turn, drift, etc my car stalls and everything electrical shuts off. i have no clue what this is, could it just be a loose battery terminal. and even if it was wouldnt the motor still run? i have no clue and am frustrated any help would be appriciated.

hmmm

I think you should check your terminals,and main fuses....thats weird though,it only hapens while taking a turn.i remember i put my MAF plug on upsidedown and it would stall out also. im not sure if any of this will help but might as well take a shot at it

Comment

something similar happened to my friends car everytime he took a turn or stopped the car just stalled out. except he doesnt have a starter so u gotta push start her. in the rain with bald tires wasnt fun either cause they just locked up we did a lot of pushing that night

Comment

lol similar thing happends to my friends car, u raverse and when you stop it just stalls... but i have never heard of a car stalling while drifting lol

Comment

not sure about the electrical problems, but the stalling is most likely the sock on your fuel pump is clogged and is causing fuel starvation. 5 dollar part 15 min. job pending on whether or not oyur fuel pump cover screws come out easily.
          Last edited by theflatlander; 04-11-2005, 08:36 AM.

Comment

yea it may bee the terminal. i have a HUGE exhaust leak tho could that be anypart of it? i mean especially when i drift it back fires everyonce in a while. and it come right from under the car. another thing ive noticed is that in the morning after i havent been driving for a while, if itry and bring her up to 6 or 7ooo rpms it back fires and it kind of stutters and i have to short shift through it could that be fuel delivery? idk so many things have gone wrong with this thing, but im not quittin

o and when i drift with the ebrake its not as bad.... it doesnt stall.... and if it is fuel why does the electrical system shut down? ecu short? or maybe a surge in the system?

Comment

So what happens to an efi engine when the power shuts off :P

Comment

hee hee oops. yea it was my positive terminal, now if i could only close the exhaust leak....

Comment

just straight pipe it.

Comment

my gas light comes on when i turn hard.

Comment

Find where the exhaust leak is and jb-weld that sucker

Liquid metal!

Comment

LOL, JB weld the exhaust? LOL

Talk about something that will smell horrible and not work right. My buddy tried to JB weld something on his exhaust manifold on his DD and that was terrible!!!!!!! I can only imagine how bad it would be with the EGT's from a rotary.

Zach

Comment

I can only imagine how bad it would be with the EGT's from a rotary.

Zach[/QUOTE]

yeah man rotary's have uber hot exhaust temps

Comment

header = $159 i think ill just pay the money....

Comment

Working...
                            X