*QUESTION*16 X 8 Wheels & +12 Offset?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *QUESTION*16 X 8 Wheels & +12 Offset?

I'm highly considering 16 x 8 wheels with a +12 offset for my S13 coupe. Is anyone running a similar setup with this size wheel? How much fender pull was involved? Slight or substantial? I'm not afraid to roll/pull, but I don't want to go crazy with it. Yes, the car will be low, but not bottomed out. Also, are you guys running 205 or 215 wide? Pics are nice if you got em. Thanks.

(streat car)
    Last edited by Aiki-Drift; 04-12-2005, 03:09 PM.

O.k., so I found the offset calc. and the strut side will gain 9mm of clearance. Fender out will be a 47mm protrusion. So, that's about 2in. right? I'll start measuring sooner or later. Your experiences would still be heplful. C'mon, where the hardcore at? Thanks guys.

Comment

Nobody runs this size?

Comment

Well, I spoke to the wheel company and apparantly they can't build me a positive 12 offset wheel without making it 25 pounds heavy. They do make a 0 offset wheel in 16 x 8. If my calculations are correct this should make the protrusion about 2.5 inches away from the stock position....... F**k it let's go for it. Let the pulling begin.

Comment

i feel like someone should respond, that's a lot of posts to self.

cool.

Comment

youre gonna have to roll fenders, probably pull to fit that size, go for it, it will look good. the +12 would have been almost perfect to get away with rolling only.

Comment

Well, I don't have a choice it's either 16 X 8 - 0 - offset or 15 X 8 + 12 offset. I don't think I'll be satisfied with how the 15s will look. You know? Tires are my other problem. 205-50-16 ? Are they safe? No stretching wanted.

Comment

so why wouldnt you want to stretch the tires? i'd say run the 215's then. 15's do look small on s13s (i got a couple). i'd say at least 16's.

with that offset you should be fine. (unless you have yer camber at 0). then there might be a slide problem.

but if you can roll the fenders you'll be fine. these s13 fenders can flare out more than most of the other cars i've done

Comment

I'm thinking 205's cause of clearance issues. What 215's are a good choice for street/daily driving? I'd prefer the 205's but I dont know if it's safe to drive daily on a 8 inch wide rim with this size. Noob problems.

Comment

where are you getting these wheels? I want the 15s, thats what im running, i just got a set of weds sport fins and a set of no name 15s for free, cheapest tires out there, and thats what i can afford, ya know? Hook it up with the 15X8 with the awesome offset? Prices? Styles? Website?

Comment

Hehehe. It was like finding a needle in a haystack my friend. They are not bling bling in the slightest. I'll pm you cause I feel selfish. You decide if there worth loosing sleep over, but they'll work for me.

Comment

lol

205/50 on 8 inch wheel will strech for sure.... i would run 215/45 if any companies make that size or what not.

Mike

Comment

lol i was actually going to buy some of these wheels, i found a link to them at zilvia. very cool for the price

they dont have 16X8 with a 5 inch backspace? Well, im gonna get some of those 15X8 with the 5in backspace, and a 205 will be just fine on that wheel.

Comment

Working...
                          X