No announcement yet.

(10 FREE TICKETS) FORMULA DRIFT Irwindale October 8-9, 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I knew drifting existed ever since "Tokyo Drift" came out but I had never looked into it until recently. For the past year or so I really started looking in detail what drifting really was...i started out by typing "Drifting" into the google search bar after seeing a "Top Gear" commercial and option drift vids posted up on YouTube by s0apgun popped up, pressed play and saw everyday people in their moded out daily drivers out there on everyday streets having an amazing time tuning and driving their creations in the mountains of Japan...I was hooked!!! After watching a couple of these videos my view of cars, everyday streets that I use and especially imports changed. After a couple months of watching drift vids online I wondered what the drift scene was here in the states, so I hopped on the computer and I found that the 2010 Formula D Round One in Long Beach was about 2 weeks away...so I made sure I saved up enough $$$ to buy a ticket to experience my first live drift event...two weeks passed and as soon as I got into the lot and parked my car I knew it was gonna be a bad *Censored**Censored**Censored* day...I got out of my car and the experience started imediately..the smell of burnt rubber, the long line of people waiting for the gates to open, hearing the engines pass by, seeing the pros there in person...I just took everything in and watching the tandem battles happen in person felt surreal. Ever since round one I've been waiting for the next SoCal event to come around so I could relive the experience. I'm also very curious as to who is going to take the #1 spot on the podium as well as the title of 2010 Formula D champion. That's why I think I should recieve one of the 10 free tickets

Comment

tomorrow is the last day to enter

Comment

Because I felt robbed after being picked for the last one at Sonoma but didn't get a notification from the forum. That was a bummer.

I've been following drifting since 2002-2003 when Club 4AG brought over some of the Japanese pros like Orido in his super clean Supra to Irwindale. It's one thing to see it on the web but it's another thing to see it in person. I remember there was an A. Magazine article about kids drifting in Hawaii but the pictures also did not do it justice.

Oh and lastly, I'll be able to write up an article for my company newsletter. Maybe get a ride along?

Thanks!

P.S. Wassup Vlad?

Comment

just wondering when we were going to know who won. or if a winner was picked already.

Comment

I know it is a day past due, and i really should check this forum more often as I thought the Give Away would be later.

Biggest reason why I deserve ticket(s) is that me (and my friends) are going to be flying to LA on that weekend from Virginia. We've never seen full blown FD competition in Irwindale, the origin of US drifting. I feel Irwindale event is a must experience event for anyone who has an interest in drifting as it is the final event of the season.

I have been following FD since it started, and following drifting since I started driving. The first drift events I saw where in MD: Mazda's Rev It Up featuring JR drifting the Falken blue and silver 240sx, and Fed Ex events. Since then I've been to events in Summit Point, Wall and Englishtown. I know for a fact this year's Irwindale comp will blow whatever i've seen before out of the water.

Thank you for your time.
            Last edited by Silverbullet; 09-18-2010, 08:01 PM.

Comment

Any word yet?

Comment

Just checking in dont want to miss out again

Comment

Originally posted by linkwpc View Post
                  Any word yet?
                  we will review the entries by Friday

Comment

Its monday and getting closer to the show! Whats the word?

Comment

WARNING;

WARNING, Irwindale Seating is RESERVED so if your guest is purchasing a ticket it will be difficult to sit next to them.

tougekids (You MUST confirm by Noon on FRIDAY, that you are still going on you will lose your spot)
                      brainfood (You MUST confirm by Noon on FRIDAY that you are still going on you will lose your spot)

Mr.sideways (You MUST confirm by Noon on FRIDAY that you are still going on you will lose your spot)

chaos240sx (You MUST confirm by Noon on FRIDAY that you are still going on you will lose your spot)
                      tgb_s14 (You MUST confirm by Noon on FRIDAY that you are still going on you will lose your spot)

dr1ft3r330 (We will know if there is an extra ticket for you by Friday)
                      moobear831 (We will know if there is an extra ticket for you by Friday)

linkwpc (You MUST confirm by Noon on FRIDAY that you are still going on you will lose your spot)

Portuguese Bend (You MUST confirm by Noon on FRIDAY that you are still going on you will lose your spot)

Silverbullet (You MUST confirm by Noon on FRIDAY that you are still going on you will lose your spot)

Comment

I'm first to confirm! what do I do next?

Comment

Originally posted by INFO View Post
                          WARNING;

WARNING, Irwindale Seating is RESERVED so if your guest is purchasing a ticket it will be difficult to sit next to them.
                          bummer.

PMed.

Comment

Confirmed!!! :d

Comment

there are only about 24 hours left to confirm,

Comment

I had sent you a PM. But haven't heard back yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X