95 infinity j30 VLSD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 95 infinity j30 VLSD?

As you have guessed i want A VLSD for my 90 240sx, i just want to know if all 95 infinity j30's have that stock. i'm looking through junkyards for the unit but they don't know if they are vlsd or not. I asked a parts department at infinity and they said some have them some don't and there are no markings to tell the diff.
    Last edited by Warped; 10-12-2004, 12:55 PM.

The parts department at Infiniti is wrong. ALL J30s came with the VLSD. You are very smart to look for a '95-96 diff, because the halfshafts are the same six-bolt pattern as the 240SX's, whereas the '92-'94 diffs used a different (five-bolt) pattern.

Make absolutely sure to get everything from the diff mounting area: the two mounting bolts, the two rubber spacers, and the two rubber-and-metal spacers, as all are required.

Comment

Thank you very much, sorry about the double post but it seemed my other thread was misunderstood. Again thank you, now after i get the unit i should replace the fluid right. With like redline Vlsd or something?

Comment

The actual differential part is sealed, so you can use any transmission oil. I used Mobil 1 75w90 synthetic in mine, but I'm not quite sure if it was the best choice. You might want to try Royal Purple.

Comment

Working...
        X