No announcement yet.

Mustang in Japan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep ahold of that 69 stang man. I've loved those since I was a kid and believe me any musclecar guy would love it. But here's a few things you gotta remember about taking it with you.

1. Gas is way higher in Japan plus a ton of toll roads. It'll be really expensive if you have to keep fueling up a 4bbl all the time.
    2. You won't be able to find parts. So if you need a gasket or something then you'll have to order it and wait for it to be shipped.
    3. The police are really strict about speeding in Japan.
    4. A 69 mach one dead stock won't be able to cut in a race against a supra or a skyline or maybe even a 300hp silvia unless you're packin a 428 Cobra Jet (even then you gotta watch for the GTRS) If you wanna cruise around you'll be fine, but if you wanna go head to toe with 'em then you'll need a minimum of a 400hp and the suspension to put it to the ground, plus you'll need some serious suspension to hang with these guys in the curves.
    5. I dunno anything about the Yazuka but if you have any doubts about it leave the Mach 1 in the states and keep your baby safe.

I don't wanna sound pessimistic but I just wanna make sure you have that stang for a long time. Just my 2c.

Comment

lets clear this up. You can import any car to Japan. If it is newer than 1976 you must obtain a gas report. For 3000 you can buy one for any car, but you will be allowed to bring in 10 on that report. They must be of same make, modle, year. You can also buy a single from an importer for around 1300 for the one car one time deal. When the car comes in you must pay tax and duty on the vehicle. the tax is 4% of the purchase price. You can fake a recipet and do it cheep they cannot look it up. The dutie is levied on the engine size. I brought in a ton of cars. the last being a 64 Impala. The total cost to get it in, taxex, duties, and JCI was 2300. The car became a 2003 chevy Impala.

Gas is expensive insuranse is about the same as the states. You must be 18 to drive and you must show proff of a parking space known as a shakoshomei. I have a pile a Us cars and have not had any problems with the Yak eccept for some dumb Chinpira thought he might get me to pay him a 100 for the plesure to drive my car on his street. When the fool woke up in the street I think every thing was settled.

If you are unsure PM me and I will give you all the details.

Comment

Well done! Where you at?

Comment

Originally posted by gladhatter
          Well done! Where you at?
          in the middle of a rice paddy. Tochigi just past Niko on the way to Eibisu

Comment

We be near Hiroshima.

Comment

Originally posted by gladhatter
              We be near Hiroshima.
              man that would take five hours to get there and thats speeding crazy like

Comment

Japan 2 US

what about military personel wanting to export a car in Japan to the USA? and dont skimp on the details Im going in to the Navy soon so any info is much appreciated!

Comment

yo lorin, whens the next public event at ebisu? ill prolly go and say hi and act like an idiot or somethin...theres jap car shops that sell usdm cars here...theres one accross from upgarage on route 246/16 or somethin

Comment

Working...
                  X