No announcement yet.

what is the cheapest FR car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

older corollas like texx and celicas raxx are often overlooked becuasue of the 86. ive seen ra's in my area for around $600 and it still looks good

Comment

i thought all celicas are front wheel drive. im not sure about the generation before 85-87 but they dont have pop-up headlights. do you think it would be possible to do a conversion?

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost of Duluth
        Well if you are finding 911's for 3000 then let's go into busines together and make money. You may find 912's or 914's for that price but I doubt that you will find a running, good shape 911 for that. The 12's are 4 cylinders as are the 14's. 65 or 66 was the first year of the 911's. Don't feel like looking it up. There was a year that they made them both in the same year. Mine was a 66 with a 67 S motor in it.
        It was decently fast with the triple weber's on it. It was oh so lite. As for getting the rear end to break loose, it was super hard. Most that I see run large tires on the back, so that combined with the weight in the rear end, makes it super hard to slide em. But when they do slide, watch out. They come around hella fast. The longer wheel base 911's from the 70's may be different but you won't find a suitable candidate for under 10k. They also snap back on you sort of like an FF. At least mine did.

Now the Z's are a different story. 240z's are going way up in value so finding one for 3k is going to be a little more difficult. 260's and 280Z's are more readily available. The ZX's are everywhere. You can find a 240 that needs pans and the requisite battery rust fix but I wouldn't tust it as a slider with all that structural damage. So if you find one for 3k, you are going to add at least 1k in bodywork and suspension to it to get it slidable. Also let's not forget those pesky SU carbs on those things. If you want to add a set of Triple webers to it you are looking at 1400 for the carbs new and then you need the manifold, if they don't come with it, and add 30 bucks a pop for filters and you are into the 1800 buck range. I found a set for my 260 with everything for 1000 used.

Fixing up old cars is not near as easy as new ones. Sure you can find a great deal on one sometimes but there's a reason for that. Older cars need much more work to get them into shape to do the super maneuvers that you all want to do. Also, older car means less parts and more expense.

But man oh man, do I agree with you on the GTV. Drool is right. Did you know that Callaway made twin turbo versions of those? I rode in one. A guy in Athens Ga has one, uses it to take his dog to the park. He used to bring it to a garage that we all hung out at to get it worked on. God that thing was a monster.

Also, no, the Miata is not Rotary unless you want it to be.

here, http://motors.listings.ebay.com/Pors...sortpropertyZ9

rock.

Comment

the link did not work for me, but i can find 944s for about 2,000

Comment

hachi's are hard to find. but theyre not all in cali and NY.

i picked one up for 50 dollars. i dont have it now cause i sold it for 2k. but hey, its all about dedication.

Comment

Y ARE U PEOPLE SOO DAMN RETARDED!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!??!!?

the cheapest FR car is the one in the paper thats cheaper then the rest jesus crist there is no such thing as a the cheapest FR cars, i have seen 240s go for between $200 to $40,000 same with RX-7's and hachis. look at al lthe cars u like and get which ever is the best bang for the buck jesus chist

Comment

WOWZERS!^

Comment

Originally posted by Ricer240sx
                  Y ARE U PEOPLE SOO DAMN RETARDED!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!??!!?

the cheapest FR car is the one in the paper thats cheaper then the rest jesus crist there is no such thing as a the cheapest FR cars, i have seen 240s go for between $200 to $40,000 same with RX-7's and hachis. look at al lthe cars u like and get which ever is the best bang for the buck jesus chist
                  thats wat i said wen i first saw this thread

Comment

i was asking in general because we all know a skyline could be sold for as little as 2,500 in japan to a friend or something but the average is atleast 20,000. oh and y as in why? or u as in you? don't be so lazy.

Comment

Did you mean that you can find a 911 on Ebay for that price? Haha yea right. Not only will no 911 that drives end auction at under 4000 bucks, you have to also add shipping, so tack on at least 500 which is usually base for shipping a car out of state. Most of the oldest 911's on there have buy it now's at 9k or more. You won't find a running, decent shape 911 for less than 5k. Won't happen. People snap them up too fast. An old 911 is the cheapest way to look like you got some money to the untrained eye so everybody wants one.

Comment

maybe but a porsche would be a nice car because of preformance and luxury. i found a corolla but it has high miles and is a coupe. but any car would be nice. hopefully i will have a car within the next 4 months. i have been working with my father because it could send a little money to the car fund. <:-)

Comment

Actually the older 911's weren't known for their luxury. They were pretty stripped down and light. They had leather and whatnot but no super plush seats or cruise. They started into the luxury aspect in the late 70's early 80's.

Comment

take a look at these and tell me what you think. http://autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ca...r=&cardist=114 im lazy so im not going to bother to do anything so cut and paste the links.

http://autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ca...r=&cardist=107

http://cars.kbb.com/search/used/cc/s...skbb&src=&cid=

Comment

Umm, that there is a 944. Not near as 911's if I am correct. But from what I hear, stay away from 944s. They summed it up in a post saying that practically everything will need to be replaced and its not cheap. So for what you will eventually spend on that car, you get go ahead and get a modded Corolla. But whatever, do as you please, you dont really seem to be taking too much heed to our suggestions.

Comment

actually i am looking into all of my options. i am happy you warned me about the 944 because i do know the insurance would cost a ton and any replacement parts would rape me in cost hahaha. man, i got the williams

Comment

Working...
                                X