No announcement yet.

Mustang in Japan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea great institution was a gross overstatement. I have to say that I rarely enjoyed my time spent in the land of the 400 dollar toilet seats and 40 year old lifers that acted like they were 19.

Comment

^ Hahaha...hey, O-4's are people too...I guess. I mean, they have to be, don't they? If you rarely enjoyed it, you must have missed out on the joys of Naval aviation. Tis a shame.

Comment

You can buy Cavaliers here already.
        Classic American cars can bring a premium, BUT JCI on a 69 Mustang would be outragious. If it is a muscular Mustang it might be worth it. If not, you might want to go ahead and sell it there before you come over. I have a friend who brough over a 1964 Thunderbird and it has been a relative nightmare, and it is pristeen.

Comment

what?

Comment

Originally posted by chrisfromda909
            what?
            What? Was I unclear? ....or do you have difficulty with reading comprehension? I see cavaliers all the time. RHD Cavaliers. Chevy and Toyota have a thing together. You can buy SEVERAL Chevy models. Same with other American car manufacturers. You can buy lots of NEW American cars.
            Last edited by gladhatter; 01-19-2004, 01:52 AM.

Comment

was that really necessary? i was just a little confused about the jci thing and the 0-4 are people 2 duluth said... wht was the point of trying to make me look stupid?

Comment

stangs

man i wish i had one but i'm too young to buy a car but girls flocking over it, i personally am a mustang enthusiast and i love them but not many girls will come to you just because you have a nice ride, but some will, i think that if you had some nice *Censored**Censored**Censored* wheels or wuteva maybe they will.

Comment

Ghost - where were you stationed? sas? yoko?, I'm in Okinawa in the Navy and loving life.

Comment

Originally posted by Logan
                    . And for the importing of cars to japan..that is free (paid for by the good ol american military). Do you think they would export a JDM car if I purchased it while over there?
                    aggghhh I hate internet! didnt save a damn thing I typed!

as a currently active duty military going to japan...NO the govt will not import a classic car to japan for you. YOU are responsible for everything...if japan will even let it in the country. PLus, you must maintain the vehicle for one year min.

to import to the us, same thing applies...you foot the bill. If you do shipp a car back, it has to be completley inoperable. no engine, suspnsion, wheels...ect.

sorry that is the shortened version...didn't want to re-type everything.
                    Last edited by S13Silviagirl; 01-22-2004, 07:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by S13Silviagirl
                      aggghhh I hate internet! didnt save a damn thing I typed!

as a currently active duty military going to japan...NO the govt will not import a classic car to japan for you. YOU are responsible for everything...if japan will even let it in the country. PLus, you must maintain the vehicle for one year min.

to import to the us, same thing applies...you foot the bill. If you do shipp a car back, it has to be completley inoperable. no engine, suspnsion, wheels...ect.

sorry that is the shortened version...didn't want to re-type everything.
                      The military WILL ship a car for you wherever you go, it just depends if you can bring it into the country or not.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisfromda909
                        was that really necessary? i was just a little confused about the jci thing and the 0-4 are people 2 duluth said... wht was the point of trying to make me look stupid?
                        Nobody is trying to make you look stupid.

JCI is insuarrance and inspection that every car needs every two years. Cars that are brought to Japan and have never gone through JCI have to get an initial JCI which costs a BUNCH.

Comment

The government WON'T ship just any old thing you want to bring. WHen shipping from the US to Japan you HAVE to ship a car that Japan will allow. I couldn't ship a USDM car newer than 1976 to Japan. I understand that from Japan it is a bit different. If you find a car here that meets the correct specs for the country you are going to you can ship it if you have owned it for 1 year.

Comment

But I thought that only applied to people who want to drive it on the streets in Japan? If its sold as a track only car, I think there are no restrictions at all. Only problem is the duty, so you need to factor that into the price. Thats how I understand it.

Comment

When shipping a vehicle on govt orders it has to meet certain specs. The year of the car is paramount when shipping TO Japan. From Japan (on orders) the restrictions are a bit different. To ship a track car is not a problem but it aint going to happen on govt orders. You will have to do that out of your own pocketbook. It isn't too bad. weight isn't an issue as much as space. So shipping most cars (especially an older car) isn't too much. A 1974 Fairlady can be shipped for around $600.00 from Kobe Japan to Miami FL.

Comment

1 good luck 2 probably 3 would you mess with a stang?

Comment

Working...
                                X