No announcement yet.

what is the cheapest FR car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing aisde from the 86 and the S13 will have there kind of aftermarket. You already stated you want something different.

The mustang has all kinds of aftermarket, both suspension and engine wise.

Comment

Shortage of parts? Are you mad? There are probably 5 times more aftermarket parts manufactureres for Mustangs than all the import cars put together. Heck I wouldn't be suprised if my Grandmother made parts for em. You would actually be smart to get a Mustang. WAY cheaper parts and people are getting rid of them in favor of the 240'sdue to the drifting bug and the fact that everyone else thinks like you do. Domestics are not supposed to be in Drifting and nothing coud be further from the truth.

One thing that you and all the other newbs need to learn is that Drifting is not about WHAT you drive, it's about HOW you drive. Point blank.
      Last edited by Ghost of Duluth; 06-06-2004, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Yes your not going to find Drift Spec mustang suspension from tien or anything.. but there are plenty of parts. Besides if more guys drift them then you will see an aftermarket form for drifting.

Comment

if youdont liek domestics just say it, i mean i dont realy like domestics, last night i drive my friends 99 trans am and that was the fastest ive ever gone strait, i tried to get it a lil side ways in a parking lot and it is damn near suicidal if you were to try it around a corner there was just somthing about the steering i guess, cause even with the smallest of throttle movment i could give it it seemed that nuthing could bring it back from a full spin.

and as far as supras goes i hope your looking for an MKIII or younger, cause the only MKIV ive seen around me, that are even SEMI-CLOSE to that price range are cars would only buy for parts.
          but the MKIII is a pretty stout car, im sure they can handle abuse just as well as or close to a 240, and they are fairly cheap,

Comment

i think i will just start looking for a 240sx because i asked around and there might be 3 at most in my area. i did find a 88 corolla GT-S but i dont want to settle for front wheel drive.

Comment

my bro. gots a supra fast as* car but its a lil heavy ive never seen him try to drift but i think ill be purty good at it and i dont think 88' corollas are FF those are pretty good cars to start driftin in 4 me ima get a 89' maxima n try 2 convert to rwd if n-y 1 got info if i should do this plz give me info
              Attached Files

Comment

$250 is good price for a starter wouldn't you say?
                Still the Stang has a great amount of parts, so why not eh?

but if you just have money to blow, buy what you like.

Comment

the main problem is i dont have money to blow. i could never handle the amount of money i would end up spending on gas alone for the mustang. i have never been a big fan of mustangs but i do know they are fast because a friend of mine has a 67 and it is a beast. yeah i am going to start the great search for supras, MR2s (any info on them? because i dont know about mid-engine) and then a 240SX.

Comment

Originally posted by blargonator
                    the main problem is i dont have money to blow. i could never handle the amount of money i would end up spending on gas alone for the mustang. i have never been a big fan of mustangs but i do know they are fast because a friend of mine has a 67 and it is a beast. yeah i am going to start the great search for supras, MR2s (any info on them? because i dont know about mid-engine) and then a 240SX.
                    I'm a big toyota fan and i know a few things about them...it all depends on what year you want...for the supras, they make alright drift cars...they're kinda heavy...i like the MR2s...that my bf's brother's favorite car...The new MR-2(SW20) was introduced in 1989. The chassis's performance was improved, and it was 200mm longer in length, 80mm longer in wheelbase and about 150kg more heavy in weight than the old model. The SW20 MR2 was powered by the 3S-GTE turbocharged L4 DOHC with intercooler engine which produced 225PS. And 3S-GE L4 DOHC engine which produced 165PS was also available. Front/rear brakes adopted the ventilated disc brakes.

my bf will get that...or an eight six...i dunno what he wants...

Comment

wow thanks for that information. i like MR2s and i hear they have great balance. i asked someone who has a supra for information but i still have not got a reply.

Comment

Fox body really isn't a bad idea as far as cost and power and availability of parts goes.

Stay off the throttle and you'll probably get 20, 22 mpg. Bad, but not the absolute worst.
                        Last edited by Parry; 06-06-2004, 09:36 PM.

Comment

Re: what is the cheapest FR car?

you guys gave him plenty of good advice... but i think u all missed the most important statement he made.
                          Originally posted by blargonator
                          i am not driving yet so i need a easy platform to learn with and something that can take a violent beating.
                          so why would we be giving this kid advice on drifting when he doesnt even know how to drive yet?! he needs to learn how to control a car while driving normally before he can go and think hes takumi fujiwara drifting an 86 on his culdesac.

Comment

Re: Re: what is the cheapest FR car?

Originally posted by chrisfromda909
                            you guys gave him plenty of good advice... but i think u all missed the most important statement he made.

so why would we be giving this kid advice on drifting when he doesnt even know how to drive yet?! he needs to learn how to control a car while driving normally before he can go and think hes takumi fujiwara drifting an 86 on his culdesac.
                            yeah...learn to drive first...hahaha...but when you get a car...get to know it...how you feel in a car is the most important thing...thats what ive learned

Comment

I don't know, but try an old corolla(pre-1980), an old Datsun 510, or a Miatia. lemme see what else....you could try a classic Porsche 911(early 70's). just look around. maybe a BMW E30 M3, Alfa Romeo GTA or GTV(complete drool!!!). I'm looking into a 240Z just because I like the car and the way it looks and all. I've heard it slides better with a LSD installed instead of the stock viscous unit. if it doesn't, I'm probably going to get it anyway because it looks good, I like the car, and from what I hear, it does handle well.

ROCK.

Comment

I've got $3300 into my Budget Domestic project, including the car, all the mods (very little mods actually), and a set of drift wheels. Car is a blast to drift (Green Camaro in my Sig), I've been using it since Jan 2004 at all our local Drift Sessions. I did not run into a problem finding parts as this make / model has a large roadracing aftermarket support (as do a lot of other domestics).

Comment

Working...
                                X