• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

clean kit

Comment

everybody has to start somewhere...

Originally posted by pure_drift
      Hey I'm 14 years old and im getting drift bible. I know it's a long way before i get my first car (miata) but should i still watch drift bible is there any thing good people said it is all boring and crap and also isit with the drift king himself ?

id say yes..get the drift bible...its a pretty good movie but at the same time it does get kinda boring,it would be better if you lived near a drift land or something like that to sort of practice but i strongly doubt that and like somebody else said he makes it look too easy when its actually not ...another good pick is DRFT's Mission Drift i think that movie isnt as...boring as the Bible and it centers a little more on parking lot drifting with cones than circut drifting like the Bible does.....

oh and Yes the DRIFT BIBLE is with KEICHII TSUCHIYA (drift king) himself...

Comment

I have both and I must say Mission drift is more interesting to watch, but they are both filled with good info.

And stick with the Miata kid
        They are real easy to work with, and extract cheap power from.

Comment

My friend dad has a ford temp are those things good to drive... we wanted to go for a cruise somewhere at night and I will drift he will let me.... at least try to drift....

So with one should we take

1.Mazda 323 1991 my moms car 1.6 litre single overhead cam
          2.Ford tempo dont know nottin about it

Is it worth it to risk like that... also there is a drivers search event real soon in toronto will they let me in.... i'm 14 do u have to have a license

Comment

i'm 14 and when i said that i wanted to start learning about drifting nobody slammed me. He just needs to keep his mind set on drifting and to not get distacted by anything else, quoth Initial D "Racers dont need girl friends", i think of that, as they also dont need anything else but drifting. good luck kid, i hope you keep your mind focused...

Comment

I am 14 and learning in a miata, I have been driving since I was 11, I am soon to be fifteen.Don't bash him because he is 14 alot of you guys probably started at 16 well when he gets to be 16 he's going to be a better drifter than you were at 16 if he sticks with it. The Drift Bible is worth your money.

Comment

Originally posted by Drifter-ex
                I am 14 and learning in a miata, I have been driving since I was 11, I am soon to be fifteen.Don't bash him because he is 14 alot of you guys probably started at 16 well when he gets to be 16 he's going to be a better drifter than you were at 16 if he sticks with it. The Drift Bible is worth your money.
                Well i started at 16 or 17 i cant really remember. Drifting back then was all underground and on the street. If he gets into drift events he will probably be better than i am at 16. Drifting is not easy and he'll find that out. If he does want to improve i suggest taking it to the nearest drift event. You can be under 18 and still join in. Granted that you have your parents concent.

Comment

you guys started drifting at 14? i honestly dont believe it.

show me a video and make me believe.

i've been drifting since i was 16. it wasnt consistently until i was 18. then i really got into it.

Comment

He needs to learn to drive the right way first. PERIOD

Comment

Originally posted by marshun
                      you guys started drifting at 14? i honestly dont believe it.

show me a video and make me believe.

i've been drifting since i was 16. it wasnt consistently until i was 18. then i really got into it.
                      i havent actually started driving but i have been watching and learning about drifting. I know expierence is the best teacher but hey learning about drifting by watching is still worth something.

Once i turn 15 (3 months) i will be able to start driving (learners permit) and i dont think my dad would mind me doing parking lot drifts with like a cone course or something...

Comment

If you guys want to learn fast, going to a racing school really helps.

Knowing the basic fundamentals such as racing line, weight transfer, traction limit (traction circle), etc helps making drifting easier.

Comment

Originally posted by '97 S14 SE Turb
                          If you guys want to learn fast, going to a racing school really helps.

Knowing the basic fundamentals such as racing line, weight transfer, traction limit (traction circle), etc helps making drifting easier.

THANK YOU!

Someone smart on this board

Comment

EDIT: haha, I almost thread jacked this one. anyways, I'm 16, have the drift bible and mostly apply it to GT3 (can't drift in real life yet). It helps you further understand why alotta people like it on this board
                            Last edited by s0nny80y; 06-09-2004, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Racing schools cost a lot of money. I don't have that kinda cash.

Comment

Think of the alternative:

Wreckless endangerment/driving $3xx?

Increased insurance rate $???

Repair bill to your vehicle $$$$$

Lawsuit from innocent victim in the crash (potential) $$$$$$$$

The cost of racing school is cheap if you consider the real ugly truth if you screwed up...

Alternative is to look for local clubs doing track events.

They usually have a beginner driver group. Typically they will have some basic driving school instruction, and have instructors who will ride along with you, teaching you what to do, and what not to do. It's not as intense as a driving school, but it's better than nothing.

These typically run about $150 to $350 for a whole day.
                                Last edited by '97 S14 SE Turb; 06-09-2004, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X