Mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mods

I'm sorry guys, but my patience is wearing thin. I mean, this is DRIFTING.COM. First in a Google search; I thought this would be a place where drifters can some together and share VALID ideas and techniques, not "I'm posting from my Mother's womb and I can't wait to get my HaichiRoku!!! Ahh-Soo!!!" or "SR20DET, SR20DET, SR20DET, SR20DET, oh yea and SR20DET."

Drifting is "under the microscope" now by just about every auto enthusiast group (Our last event area will not let us come back, even though they hold autocrosses there) , and this is not making us look good. In order for us to be respected, we have to act respectable. This will help drifting greatly.

Now don't think I'm some uptight tool, I'm up for some midnight drift whenever, BUT when you are on a forum as conspicuous as DRIFTING.COM, we need to carry ourselves better.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated

Thanks,

Tuner

this is why i just closed the "IF I HAD MY LICENSE" thread. Unfortionately the mods cant be everywere. Click the report a post link. It really works.

And i agree with you 100 percent.

Well except around here its all 'KA24DET KA24DET Ka24DET" but i get the point.

Comment

i agreed too ..umm i mean do you really think stupid posts like that are gonna end, i dont think so.

Comment

Originally posted by SpeeDrifter
        i agreed too ..umm i mean do you really think stupid posts like that are gonna end, i dont think so.
        End? no but we can cut down on it alot by not bothering with such post like we have done in the past.

Comment

Yea and you guys got to realize that since Drifting.com is the first place people see, where do you think everyone is going to go?
          I bet when you picked up your first Batman comic book you had some excited discussions with friends didn't you? If there was a forum then, you would have posted the first place you would have taken the Batmobile. So lighten up on the new guys. Sure alot of it is white noise, but you can't stop the flood man.

Mods can't be everywhere, report stuff and let them do their jobs.

Comment

Well i guess you can say drifting is getting invaded by a lot of newbies. Its whats in now a days. I say try not to let it bother you because theres nothing you can do about it. The real drifters will be around when the hype is dead and the "poser" and what not will move on to something else.

Comment

i guess i kind of agree...but so the fack what if its under the microscope, let the watchers watch, the haters hate, the ricers rice, the racers race...so on and so on but most importantly, let the drifters drift, thats what we do, and we come here to discuss with other drifters whatever we feel is important, it doesnt matter what the flaming crap anyone else thinks about it, its what WE feel, and WE think, thats why its here. This isnt a place for people to come with a critical eye, its where drifters and soon to be drifters can come for information or simply to speak their minds. Like Raziel, and MANY, many others have said in the past, all that matters is that when the hype blows over, the true drifters will still be drifting, and they wont be doing it for some jerks that wanna come criticize.

Comment

see. i hate that. whenever something big comes along everyone wants to jump on the bandwagon. but what can we do? ive read before that we should just wait it out. there will be a new big thing that everyone will wanna do. and when that comes the real drifters will still be standing.

Comment

I think its like this because of the way the forums are organized. I know a place thats just starting up but its guarantee going to be better than this. But I have a feeling if I posted the name my post will be deleted and I'll be banned. But its not that hard to find ... drifting .... forums ...

Comment

lol. i think im there.

nah i'll always come around here once in a while to discuss stuff.

Comment

Forum specifically for Front Wheel Drive (FF) drifting technique.

man can we say []D [] []\/[] []D ?

Comment

Face it, this trend will not stop. The only way to stop it would be to make people give you their drivers license number and a pic of their car(dosen't matter what car) when they register to make sure they can drive and possibly drift. Not a bad idea actually.

It is called Drifting.com and not wishIcoulddrift.com

I just got to this forum and I am already tired of the which car should I get crap.

Comment

No it can be stopped. It seems the Admins here just haven't put that much thought into it, though I bet they will soon be copying some other forums out there that have a system to verify and promote technical related discussions. I have made my recommendations, but they are not understanding what I'm saying. Instead they made an Off-Topic forums, which in my opinion is the same thing as the General Forum. So yeah ... confusion ...

Comment

explain to the people how it can be stopped shaun.

Comment

Nope, I want explanations in that other thread 'Alarming Trends'. I already tried to help, nobody listen. Do a search hahahaha (j/j)

Comment

Working...
                              X