No announcement yet.

Grip vs. Drift - The How and Why to Understanding Slip Angle Dynamics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

np dude, posts like that give me something to do when i get home from the track

Comment

Oh, and about blocking people by drifting. I find that the best way to block somebody is to take the corner slow then start to drift just before the apex and keep to the inside until AFTER corner exit, keeping the nose of the car on the inside of the turn. This blocks all optimum lines except for taking the outside through the whole turn, but the opponent will never suspect it.

Comment

Alright, thats it. Who voted no?

Comment

I think that you didnt have to post four posts in a row. You could have edited them and added.

EDIT: This post is dead.

EDIT: I think its fun to drift FWD!

Comment

actually two of them were useless, which i will delete now. also, it is very fun to drift FWD. What kind of car did you drift FWD?

Comment

Arg, I hate math. Appreciate the concepts though. I find it funny someone that thought the MR2 was midengine fwd has such good grasp of the traction circle.

Comment

sh*t i didnt realise until now that ppl took me seriously. You may have saved my rep right there, or lack thereof.

Comment

I would also like to add that, if executed properly, the same slip angles can apply to FFs as well, as seen in FF rally. So this thread is not just for drifters, it applies to the "FFrifters" as well.
                  Last edited by scirocco; 09-19-2004, 12:19 PM.

Comment

You mean i cant get extreme slip angles like i see on initial d and pwn skylines on the touge?! Man, there goes my plans... JK

Actually i found this very good- i saw the convos those guys you got some of the info from arodn other topics.. its great to see it compliled into one clear post (well.. i guess some people may not find it as clear).

For those who cant understand what the crap this guy has said

You can add a slight angle to the cars line to rotate the vehicle through the turn. You can use the rotation to help turn the vehicle, rather then use a given % of the tires to turn the vehicle- and apply more to acceleration.

How wide that angle should be depends a on a LOT of factors, tires road condition and vehicle charecteristics.

Ive always had this little theory (which is pretty much what i said) but it was based on what i kenw about physics, Its great to finally have some real numbers to go with it. Good work man

Comment

Thanks dude this is my first reply in a while

Comment

Just to let you all know, I edited this thread a on September 12 so if you have not seen it since then, you should re-read it since it may have new information.

Comment

hello? i think im alone again...

Comment

Nah just not many have much to say- not many could. The explination you provide is VERY detailed.. and frankly probably hard for a lot of members to understand fully lol

Comment

why thank you. That's exactly what I wanted in this thread, I just hoped that more people would understand it and as many have said, those who need to read this, won't.

Comment

ur little picture is FUNNY lol....ahahha

Comment

Working...
                                X