Whats Next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats Next?

I cant really say im new here.. Just my last posting name didnt fit me to well.... I do FF drift. so what. its not rwd drifting but im at least trying instead of flaming people.. im sorry.. i just needed to get that off my chest. I want to know what to get next... Ive already got on a cold air intake,header,down pipe,high flow cat, muffler, performance plugs, strutbar, and small driveablitly mods... i want to aim towards fuel like getting bigger injectors, fuel rail, fuel pressure regulator.. somthing on that order.. heres when i hit the ground... this car is a daily driver and I dont want injectors so large that they turn my accord into a fuel guzling cadilac. I was thinking 200cc would be ok... i want some input on this please... thanks

Ok, this isn't a flame so please don't take it that way. But I think you would be alot better off posting this on a Honda forum. Not very many folks here are going to answer this question with anything but flames for putting it in a Drifting forum. Yea I know, you drift FF and I congratulate you for it, I think it takes a great amount of skill to do it right. but engine, fuel, drivability concerns and all that stuff are better answered by the people who really know Hondas and that ain't here. Good luck with your answer though.

Also, it would probably be prudent to not get all defensive about FF Drifting in your first post of the thread. Puts people off on the wrong foot.

Comment

More fuel isn't going to do anything for you unless you need it or can use it.

If you're going to stay normally aspirated, cams and headwork are probably your next step. At that point you will need to start looking into fueling I'd expect, i.e. a chip. After that you start getting into displacement and compression, and perhaps nitrous.

I'm going to go ahead and wager that you have the 4 popper accord. Why don't you look into a 6 cylender swap?

Honestly I think you're wasting your time trying to bolt power onto that motor, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost of Duluth
        Also, it would probably be prudent to not get all defensive about FF Drifting in your first post of the thread. Puts people off on the wrong foot.
        Alot of us actually appreciate the difficulty of mastering FF drifts... Some call it drifting, some call it *Censored**Censored**Censored* dragging. I call it pretty funny, and I enjoy watching it...

And you are prolly better off in a Honda Forum. There are prolly people who know alot about them here, but you're at the the wrong location asking the wrong questions...

(This is not directed toward Ghost, This is directed to the guy who started the thread.)

Comment

yes, i do agree with you on i should post on a honda forum, and i have... and the reson why im here in the drifting forums is because i drift a 86 n/a supra.. but my accord is my daily driver and the supra i practice in... thanks for all your help, i was lookin into cams but they dont make any for a 99 accord f23a1.... and i really dont want to swap, im trying to have a kinda sleeperish daily driven vehicle that im not going to dish out alot of money on... Once i get a S14 this accord is gone... thanks for all your help.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost of Duluth
            Ok, this isn't a flame so please don't take it that way. But I think you would be alot better off posting this on a Honda forum. Not very many folks here are going to answer this question with anything but flames for putting it in a Drifting forum. Yea I know, you drift FF and I congratulate you for it, I think it takes a great amount of skill to do it right. but engine, fuel, drivability concerns and all that stuff are better answered by the people who really know Hondas and that ain't here. Good luck with your answer though.

Btw.. thank you ghost.. i respect you alot for stickin up for me.. i owe you one.. ya im sorry for being so defensive about FF drifting.. its really easier than rwd drifting so my hats are off to all the rwd drifters... i do try to drift my supra but i cant keep the tires spining, then they grab, tail wiggles around and i look like a fool. So i e-brake drift my accord and it looks pretty cool, to me anyways.. I'll get a video up soon.. Thanks again ghost and craftsman

Comment

Originally posted by AccordDriftr
              yes, i do agree with you on i should post on a honda forum, and i have... and the reson why im here in the drifting forums is because i drift a 86 n/a supra.. but my accord is my daily driver and the supra i practice in... thanks for all your help, i was lookin into cams but they dont make any for a 99 accord f23a1.... and i really dont want to swap, im trying to have a kinda sleeperish daily driven vehicle that im not going to dish out alot of money on... Once i get a S14 this accord is gone... thanks for all your help.
              Yea, you're sorta screwed than.

If you're getting an S14 I wouldn't bother pouring more money into the Accord. From here on out things get sorta expensive...

Comment

Originally posted by Parry
                Yea, you're sorta screwed than.

If you're getting an S14 I wouldn't bother pouring more money into the Accord. From here on out things get sorta expensive...
                Thank, thats what i was afraid of, all i have left on the list is getting some suspension, spark plug wires, a small areo package (bumper lips) and a small wing and ill sell it towards a s14... my mom bought it used for 15,000, anyone lookin for an accord?? j/k i'm probably gonna be rollin on 16's and a 4 banger for a while longer...

Comment

if you go s14 you'll probably be rolling on 16's and a 4 banger forever

Comment

I say you go with some of that nanotechnology. I heard its good.

Comment

He could go with nano, or he could just pimp the hell outta that accord and sell it to some ricer. OR he can sell it, get a civic, and drift that. Perfect the FF drift until your the best with it. Dont follow the crowd, make the crowd!

Comment

Originally posted by NismoSigma
                        He could go with nano, or he could just pimp the hell outta that accord and sell it to some ricer. OR he can sell it, get a civic, and drift that. Perfect the FF drift until your the best with it. Dont follow the crowd, make the crowd!
                        Man, I AM the best FF drifter in my town. well, the best that i know of, every ff drifter in town.. im the only one out of all 7 of us (that i know of)that can choku dori ( i think thats what you call it when you change the direction of the drift) im the only one....its kinda sad... and i think its because its all there first cars accept for adam in his crx, but he just doesnt drive often... i want me a S14 on 17's... white with white rims and no wing... maybe some bronze rims would look good...

Comment

I'd watch what I say about being the best anything dude. If you are in socal, Honda's factory test mistery Accord driver is DAMN GOOD. He probably would school a good 95-98% of the people on here bigtime. He had a greddy turbo kit and all the stuff to go with it... he coulda used an LSD though. Learn from him, if you don't have an LSD, snag one.

As a general rule if you ever say your the best you better take a good look at your feet because one will soon be in your mouth and getting them out can be a pain in the butt.
                          Last edited by LOVMUFN; 10-14-2004, 08:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X