No announcement yet.

Drifting in Japan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yakuza guys are respectful and very nice if you dont act retarted...

chimpiras on the other hand...

Comment

Originally posted by Matto
      yakuza guys are respectful and very nice if you dont act retarted...

chimpiras on the other hand...
      yea and there only tough wen theres ten of them you get two or three and they like to suck your you no what to get away

Comment

Well I've never been to Japan so I cant say I know how the scene is over there, but here is what I've heard from friends that live there. Drifting on the streets is very big. When the police show up they will make everyone leave, but nobody gets arrested, and usually everyone is back at the same spot drifting within an hour. They either find an industrial area with no normal traffic (only trucks), or they go up on the mountain and battle. Unlike the US, drifting on the streets has been accepted. If someone else driving saw another car drifting, they wouldn't freak out, but they get out of the way. You have to understand that even owning a car in Japan is a big deal. You have to prove you have a parking space before you can buy, its very expensive to own a car, and gas is very expensive, etc. Not everyone has a car so when you do have one you respect the fact that you have one instead of taking it for granted like people in the USA. Unlike the US, there is a very high chance that the people drifting on the streets have common sense and skill and respect other drivers and people.

The other really cool thing is there are alot of tracks in Japan, and alot of them are good for drifting. Not like US tracks where you get kicked off or people yell at you. They even have tracks that look like mountain roads, but are completely private and made for racing. Wish we had that in the US!!!

Comment

that is true...u have to own a house to have a parking spot..u have to have an official parking spot to own a car...hence why lots of people ride bikes or own tiny box cars that dont waste much gas...houses are small..if i lived in one id bash my head into the doorway everyday..buts it a nice place ya know? all the japanese people are friendly..the road tax, insurance, etc is also pricey..ranging up to a price of a used car such as an s13 or 180...if someone could give me names and areas of where the tracks are..perferbably around the yokohoma/zama area...

Comment

!

really!? dayum (thanks the car gods) pay more but drift more or drift less and pay less? (shakespeare * fo yo *Censored**Censored**Censored**)

Comment

re:

ok... just for the record...Yakuza... they are not bad people...just dont be an asshole to any of tehm...you wont have problems.. they are very respectable, and friendly to you when you get to know them... When i was in Jaapan for 7 months we used to go out drinking with them at the bars in the area... once you get to know a little about them you will realize that they pretty much have a grip on EVERY bar around...they all pay Yakuza a protection fee, and in return... nobody *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*s with the bar...when i first met a Yak he was at this club in Yokohama, and he was drinkin right next to me in the booth...i ordered him a shot of Cuervo and a glass of rum and coke... he returned the favor in full and we drank together that night and met up a couple times after that...just keep your manners around them, because there are alot of horror stories goin around, but they are all true and the person probably deserved what they had coming to them.

Comment

Wow, it sounds like we need Yakuza in America. To take care of all the stupid people we have here. Yakuza for ricers or something. Who wants to join me?

Comment

Originally posted by prodigy
                  Wow, it sounds like we need Yakuza in America. To take care of all the stupid people we have here. Yakuza for ricers or something. Who wants to join me?
                  There their,you just don't know about them.There everywhere,and are the longest running mafia in history.To be honest,these guys started it all,they were the originals,the robin hoods,the first and the last.Even though they've done some bad things,they were there for the poor and helped relieve people from disasters even before the government done anything.If you know what Yakuza means,then that would make more sense to you.

Comment

While we're on the topic of Yakuza, I have about 20 at my school. No joke, these are real Yakuza. Most of them wear trench coats(black) and black clothes. Unfortunately, they aren't how you said...at least where i live. They are mean, and sort of act like punks . I wish some other Yakuza would come and show them some respect or something, but the ones at my school just hate everyone but them....And P.S. I live in Tucson, Arizona.....hard to believe that Yakuza would live here eh?

Comment

do they call themselves the trenchcoat mafia? Dude there are no yakuza kids in your school. You wouldnt know it if there were their just punks in your way. Ask them this and you have to say it corectly.

"who is your ooyabun" and its pronounced oh ya boon this will tell the tale.

oh man I laughing so hard not at you though. One I dont think they are Yakuza because there to stupid to go to school. Two who would make them go if they are Yakuza and three what the hell would the Yakuza be doing in Arizona buying illegals that they cant ship to Japan.
                      Last edited by driftxtreem; 12-01-2003, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Man, I know they are Yakuza, no trecnhcoat mafia. These kids moved here from Japan, all of them...New this year. And idk who their leader guy is, but I have seen them in action. They had like their older brother or something(he was around 25) come and make some guy appologize for "looking at them wrong". He took the kids hand, and bent it backwords, then kicked out his knee.....The kid broke his knee cap and was in the hospitol because of surgery. I also have one in my class, his name is Sauki. I've asked him if he was a Yakuza, and he answered with a plain and simple "Yes, I am". So...

Comment

Yakuza ist like a street gang, they are serious mafiaiso... i have kids like that at my school, there called mod... but they're just a weak gang...

Comment

Porbably posers.

Comment

well that sound like the yakuza they usally get their 25 year old brother to kick but over here to are you sure there not korean or from laos or some third world piss off size country. you know they all look the same to you. It took me three years to be able to tell just by looks to know were their from.

if I wanted to intimidate someone like that I think I would say I was yakuza to But dont let my 入墨 fool ya
                              Last edited by driftxtreem; 12-01-2003, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Yea I'm sure. Because when he came to our class. My teacher was like "Hey kids, this is Sauki, a foreign student from Japan. He and his family moved here. Allot of other Japanese students have moved here too. So give them a Catalina Foothills Highschool warm welcome if you see them on campus!"

Comment

Working...
                                X