ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KA24DET anyone on this site Gone to the DARK SIDE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KA24DET anyone on this site Gone to the DARK SIDE!

Just seeing is anyone on this site has turboed there KA I am going turbo in about a month i am ordering the manifold tommorow. And turbo in a few days if everything goes to plan....

If you do have a KAT post your specs and pics and a dyno sheet if you have one.

I am going to be running a TO4B turbo
    Revhard manifold
    Bosch Fuel pump
    I am looking for some 550 cc injectors
    Front mount
    Custom pipeing and XS dpwnpipe
    Tial Wastegate
    TurboSX BOV
    S AFC

I dont know that there are side feed injectors of that size so you might need to convert to a top feed, but if you find em in side feed, more power to you. Otherwise it should be a good setup.

Comment

My brother turbo'd one for his shop b***h. It ran super hard and fast until the motor blew all the seals out cause the kid plugged the crankcase ventilation hole and didn't tune it. There is a beautiful Turbo KA here in Knoxville. He makes great consistent power, I think bout 230 at the crank maybe, not sure but he hasn't blown it up and it's reliable as my straight six Jeep. Beautiful car as well. I think your idea is sweet.

Check out my brother. www.tophatperformance.com
      I think he's got the manifold off that kids car. He will sell anything so hit him up. His names Mike.

Here's some photos of his car. His name is John. Great guy.
      Attached Files

Comment

Engine
        Attached Files

Comment

Greddy Introduces a Bolt-on Turbo Kit for the 1996-98 Nissan 240SX

Driftin180sx,

Do you know about this Greddy Turbo Kit?

http://www.drifting.com/article.php?...st&show_Title=

Greddy Introduces a Bolt-on Turbo Kit for the 1996-98 Nissan 240SX

GReddy Performance Products has released their new bolt-on turbo kit for late model Nissan 240SX models, providing a straightforward alternative to SR20DET conversions.

Designed specifically for the factory 240SX's KA24DE engine, the GReddy 20G Turbo Kit is a great alternative to complicated SR20DET engine transplants. Additionally, the GReddy 20G Turbo Kit offers better bolt-on horsepower (225 HP) and torque gains at just 6 PSI.

The GReddy KA24DE Kit includes a large TD06S 20G actuator-turbo, durable cast-iron manifold, 4x top feed 370cc injectors with high flow fuel rail, preprogrammed e-manage, Airinx air-intake and all the necessary piping and hardware.

The larger 2.4L engine with a turbo rated for up to 460 HP and a programmable e-manage is a great basis for further upgrades, including the recently released 240SX Type 24 Front-mounted Intercooler Kit upgrade.

http://www.drifting.com/article.php?...st&show_Title=

Comment

Pretty sure thats the kit this guy has. I can find out.

Comment

Im currently bending pipes for my equal length turbo mani.

Comment

A guy i know made 375whp. Also, theres a guy on here with a 97 thats turbo.

Comment

Its goin on a 91 and our shop is goin to put the kit ttogether the next motor is going to be a beast.

Comment

Dark Side? More like smart side - you can get a swapped-out KA for $300 in good condition, and spend the 2 or 3 grand that you would on an SR swap upgrading the KA and makes tons of power...

If I can't get ahold of a full EJ22T driveline, a KA will be in the CRX for sure.

-MR

Comment

GO KA!!! I want to turbo mine if I can't make 200 rwhp N/A. But I want to turbo it for under $850 and make 225 rwhp. Watch me go wheeeeeee!

Comment

Hey man thats a pretty smooth ride. Nice engine.

Comment

Is the Greddy Bolt on kit compatible with the 95 240sx..?? Just confused because it said for 96-98.

Comment

depends if it obd1 or obd2

Comment

what's obd1 and obd2

Comment

Working...
                              X