bondo / body work.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bondo / body work.

anyone know any tips or websites on "do it your self body work/ bondo jobs?"

cause the horrible bondo job my dad did is making my trunk fill up like a swimming pool when it rains.

john

Look at Carcraft.com or Hotrod.com. Tons of good stuff.

Comment

I actually bondo my rx - seven so it can pass inspections. Can you believe they failed me cause the rust on both bottom front fenders were t00 sharp that somebody could get cut. My *Censored**Censored**Censored* yo. Anyway, the way I did it was scotch tape over the battle scar and apply bondo where needs to be @. It was a b'otch b4 cause the first time I did it, I bought the fiberglass bondo. DONT BUY FIBERGLASS BONDO!!!! Pain of my *Censored**Censored**Censored*. Then I looked around and found the REGULAR bondo i shoulda bought. My suggestions is to look for a bondo with pic step by step instructons on it which the one I bought. The job was super EZ when I did it and I suck working on cars. Anyway hope my story and the suggestion work out for you.

PS hate proofreading!
      Last edited by godigy; 11-12-2004, 10:09 PM.

Comment

Good thing about bondo is its really imposisble to fukk up.

Sand down the area your dad did a $hit job on, slap another layer of bondo on and make sure u fill in whatever the fukk is leaking.

Wait a few minutes and let the crap dry, start using like 80-100 grit sand paper to get it as smooth as possible. Its best to hold the paper by the edge and run over the car itself, that way your not pushing into the bondo as you sand, and itll lie even/flat with the car lines.

Next upgrade to some fine @$$ sand paper, 300 or whatever you can find. Wet the bondo down and sand it until its dry (make sure u get wet-sandpaper for this for obvious reasons). Do it the same way as before, when the water has dried up repeat the proccess another 1-2 times. Primer it and your done. This is the most important step if u want a really clean job, and its still easy as hell to do.

Comment

Working...
        X