??suspension setup Corolla gts??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ??suspension setup Corolla gts??

Does anyone know how 6.0 kg front TRD springs and 5.5 Kg rear TRD springs feel in terms of daily driving? is it stiff or pretty comfortable? also what kind of shocks should i run on these? Agx?
    I dont really know much about spring rates or suspension in general, maybe you guys could help me out. If you guys have a web page that explains spring rate and suspension setups that would be great.

thanks

A 5.5kg rear paired with a 6kg front might make the car tend to oversteer a bit much. I suggest if using a 6kg front you use a 4.3kg rear for a good match. That's about as stiff as I'd suggest for a street that's driven on the street. I use a 500lb spring in the front of my car (~9kg) and a 7kg rear TRD combined with an AGX damper (Techno Toy Tuning coilovers) in front and Tokico HTS in the rear. I used to drive on the street and the ride was rather harsh. Some people don't mind it too much but I guess I'm getting too old lately.

Comment

Originally posted by !12!
      Does anyone know how 6.0 kg front TRD springs and 5.5 Kg rear TRD springs feel in terms of daily driving? is it stiff or pretty comfortable? also what kind of shocks should i run on these? Agx?
      I dont really know much about spring rates or suspension in general, maybe you guys could help me out. If you guys have a web page that explains spring rate and suspension setups that would be great.

thanks
      That's almost stock spring rates (don't quote me on that).

Majority of Corolla drivers use the TRD Japan Springs which are 8.0kg=front and 6.0kg=rear.

I have TRD Japan Springs and they're okay. Kind of stiff for the street (but not too much) but a little soft for the track (IMO) so it's the middle ground for Corollas.

If your just going to use this as street daily driving that spring rate is fine (What company made those springs?) and for shock... Tokico or KYB sohuld be fine.
      REMEMBER! KYB GR-2s are not Performance shocks, they're just OEM replacements (you'll be suprise how many newbie corolla owners think that GR-2s are performance shocks).

Good luck!

Comment

Trd made the springs. So if i go with KYB AGX with the camaro/ sw20 shocks would be OK? I hear the KYB AGX camaro/sw20 shock make it short stroke?

I may also use it for some track events, but yeah my main concern is the spring rate, it sounds like they will be ok with the road.

Thanks alot Crash drive.

Originally posted by CRASHDRIVE
        That's almost stock spring rates (don't quote me on that).

Majority of Corolla drivers use the TRD Japan Springs which are 8.0kg=front and 6.0kg=rear.

I have TRD Japan Springs and they're okay. Kind of stiff for the street (but not too much) but a little soft for the track (IMO) so it's the middle ground for Corollas.

If your just going to use this as street daily driving that spring rate is fine (What company made those springs?) and for shock... Tokico or KYB sohuld be fine.
        REMEMBER! KYB GR-2s are not Performance shocks, they're just OEM replacements (you'll be suprise how many newbie corolla owners think that GR-2s are performance shocks).

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by !12!
          Trd made the springs. So if i go with KYB AGX with the camaro/ sw20 shocks would be OK? I hear the KYB AGX camaro/sw20 shock make it short stroke?

I may also use it for some track events, but yeah my main concern is the spring rate, it sounds like they will be ok with the road.

Thanks alot Crash drive.
          IC.. KYB AGX from the camaro & SW20 is the most commen shocks for the corolla.

They're not short-stroke, they fit in the cartridges just fine.

This is a good setup for the novice track go-er.

You're more than welcome.

Welcome to Toyota Corolla ae86.

For in-depth info on 84-87 Corolla... go to www.club4ag.com and check out the tech section of the webpage (not the forum section)

Comment

Ive actually had the corolla for a while now about a year or so, but yeah in San Diego they have the Drift circuit and im thinking about joining in just for fun, so i think its time i upgrade the stock suspension and get a new one. Yes club4ag is very helpful, I get most of my info there.

Originally posted by CRASHDRIVE
            IC.. KYB AGX from the camaro & SW20 is the most commen shocks for the corolla.

They're not short-stroke, they fit in the cartridges just fine.

This is a good setup for the novice track go-er.

You're more than welcome.

Welcome to Toyota Corolla ae86.

For in-depth info on 84-87 Corolla... go to www.club4ag.com and check out the tech section of the webpage (not the forum section)

Comment

Working...
            X